Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New CM, Old CM
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: New CM, Old CM Reply with quote

As many of you probably know by now, our long-time Council Member, amazing vidder, and all-around awesome person, Holly has resigned as a Council Member due to personal lack of time to keep-up with the busy schedule of voting and keeping up with the site. Though it sucks to see her go from the Council, I know Holly will still be around to spread her fun personality and awesome vids . We'll have to drag her back if that isn't so

However, with even fewer CMs, it became apparent we needed to bring in someone new . After a long deliberation, we came up with a candidate. This vidder has consistantly brought out amazing works of art as each of her vids, has won many of the monthly contests through sheer skill, and has been an active respected member on the forums for some time. Please join us in welcoming KaJaM to the LVI Council!

As always, this was a tough decision on who to bring in. It's my greatest regret that some of you may feel passed over because of this but that's just the way things go in these situations I suppose. But aside from who is a CM or not, let me say that we appreciate all of you, more than you know. LVI isn't about the Council, it's this entire community. Without you guys, there wouldn't be an LVI, so thank you.

Now lets all give some hearty congrats to Karolina , and a warm send-off to Holly

Good luck to both of you

Last edited by Hobbes on Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly, you know how I'm so sad to see you go! But I'll always *heart* ya, girl! Jarleeeeeee 4-eva!!! And you'd better still swing by and visit!

Welcome, welcome, welcome, Kaja! Like Warren said, this wasn't an easy decision but was something that we discussed and fairly agonized over at times for quite a while. But I have no doubt that we made the right choice. You're gonna do great, hon! I'm totally looking forward to working with you!

There's never a better time for...

The Smiley Wave!

Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, good luck to Holly on all of her future projects; we'll miss you. *tacklehugs* Thanks for being such an awesome, awesome person and for providing us with equally awesome vids. You're incredible! Come back again, yeah?

And a HUGE congratulations to Karolina for making it onto the council, whee! It's about time. You know how much I love your stuff, so I'm very much looking forward to your upcoming vids as a COUNCIL MEMBER, OH MY GODS.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start the hunting party for Holly! You will not go quietly Hollywog. A** vidder and one of the sweetest person I know.

Kaja you have a wonderful knowledge of the English language. If I didn't know you were German I'd have assumed you were English or American. You are an excellent vidder and a really nice person to boot. I enjoy chatting with you on the boards and I'm sure you will be awesome. Chuffed to have you aboard!

[/smiley free cause no smiley could ever express my love for both of you ]
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I show my love in excessive smileys and in ones doing the wave. ( *snort* I love those little guys... )
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I KajaM and Holly

That's almost right.

I love those wavy smilies Aislynn!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, I'm not going to lie- that smiley scares the shit out of me. That thing is going to haunt my dreams...

Anyway, we're sad to see Holly leave, but we all know KajaM is going to do a great job!

As featured on the Entertainment Weekly Website:
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2006/03/get_lost_in_bro.html
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m so sad that Holly’s leaving… I’ve learned almost everything I know from watching Total Eclipse over and over again. You were always so nice to me Holly! Thank you so much. I hope we talk again...

Congrats Karolina!! You know how much of a fan I am of yours! Have fun in your new responsibilities... I’m sure you will! You rock!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazymol4588 wrote:
Paul, I'm not going to lie- that smiley scares the shit out of me. That thing is going to haunt my dreams...

Good it's not for you then
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, thank you so much for the wonderful welcome and, of course, for choosing me to be the new CM. I feel totally honoured and I'm looking forward to be working with the other Council Members!

I'm sorry tho that Holly won't be doing this job anymore, but I hope you'll still be around in the forums every now and then, maybe even with some new artwork or new vids. You're so gifted and talented!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOOO sad to hear that Holly's leaving!! Gonna miss ya!

Congrats, Karolina, you'll do a great job.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad to see you go, Holly, but as long as you still stick around and spam every once in a while, we're happy.

CONGRATS KAROLINA!

I was hoping you'd be the next council member, your vids are always brilliant and you give great feedback on other people's vids. Good luck!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Marcus and Heather!
I promise to do a good job
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Karolina
Well i havent been a very good CM lately, you know busy job-hunting and all... anyway

WELCOME AGAIN!!!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Nate! (I'm sure they're better times ahead and you can be a good CM again )

It's still kinda weird seeing my name in green... ah, well, I'll get used to it quickly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: