Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Scheduling for Season 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is it a good idea?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 15

fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: New Scheduling for Season 3 Reply with quote

What does everyone think about this??? In my opinion I like the idea

Quote:
The producers of Lost are seeking a new scheduling model for the show in the US to curb the frequency of repeats.

Most US series, including Lost, typically air 22 new episodes each season over a period of 36 weeks, meaning that new episodes are often punctuated with repeats of old episodes.

US Lost fans have complained that having to wait many weeks for a new episode has ruined their enjoyment of the show.

24 has successfully avoided the problem by delaying its return from September to January each year before airing its full season without interruption.

Although Lost's broadcaster, ABC, is unwilling to adopt a similar strategy, show producers have come up with a compromise solution.

"We're lobbying ABC for when the show is on, it's on, and when it's off, it's off," exec producer Damon Lindelof told E! Online. "So, we want to air it in three acts next year. You know, blocks of seven, seven and eight. But in order to do that, we have to roll the show out in October instead of September, and hopefully that will work out."

I'd prefer having the show in 3 blocks then having like 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off then 3 weeks on and 4 weeks off... it sort of balances out I think

Thoughts?
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never really been a big problem for me but I think if it is for some, it's a good idea to do this.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well come to think about it... me either... being in Australia were like 20 eps behind anyway but I suppose I thought it'd be interesting to see what others thought
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I think if they did it that way, I might be able to keep up better. I hate being left hanging one week then all of sudden have this burst of new eps and then reruns.

The worst was when we had that five week stretch of nothing over the holiday. That really ticked me off.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome news. Showing 3 episodes in a row nomore than that is lame. Now we will get 7 in a row.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could work for Lost.

Generally though I personally don't like the idea for series shows (especially SciFi shows) which currently I'm following Battlestar Galactica to have a mish mash of shows on and off. In BSG the powers that be split the season of 20 episodes into two. The first 10 were aired on consecutive weeks July through September with a mid-season break of 3 months picking up the final 10 in January and running straight through to March now the long wait for season 3 which started shooting this month and I think they will pick up on the next season in July.

My lost music vids
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really too much of a complainer when it comes to Lost. As long as they keep making the episodes and keep doing what they're doing I'm happy as a....well something really happy! I don't really understand how the hiatus' can ruin the 'enjoyment' of the show. Breaks shouldn't be the important thing, it should be about whether the show keeps it's Lostness (it needs a special word cause nothing else can describe it) or not. I think that the breaks help because it's always fun when that new episode rolls around and I am dying to see it because the excitment for me has built up...

Or this could all just be me and my weirdness thinking this.... Who knows?

Banner: Shinythings
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what Liz says.

I thoguht I was the only one who didn't b*tch about repeats.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow. Colin agrees with me! My post did make sense!

Banner: Shinythings
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. well, I'm never one to bitch about repeats (i just don't watch them), but I think this is the best idea they could have. I think 3 acts is much better than both an uninterupted season and the stop-and-go stuff they are doing now. Lindelof knows what hes doing - i also feel they could write the show better if they knew they would be shown in 3 blocks. The time between episodes does affect the way you experience the show and ABC had better listen to what the creators have to say. I mean, they are the creators after all!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey how about no repeats and they do like 24 does?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't this normal? I mean, all of the shows I've ever watched save for mid-season replacements have started in the fall (Sept/Oct) and ended in May. And traditionally shows have around 22 or so episodes. Obviously they weren't airing a new show every week otherwise the episode count would be much higher. Reruns during the season are something I've become used to and I don't understand why everyone seems to be all up in arms over it concerning Lost.

Now, 24 & Alias have done those "Come back in January" things where they air the entire season back to back. But that's a new format. One which I am not too fond of. I don't know about you, but I don't want to wait from May to January for new episodes.

And then there's Prison Break where they made fans wait what was it? Three months? For new episodes? In the MIDDLE of the season? Ouch. Talk about testing your loyal viewers.

This is a more toned down version of that. 7-8on, 7-8off? (Am I understanding that right?) Cause if you think about it? 7-8 weeks = 2 months. I really don't want to have to wait two months between episodes in the middle of the season.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd rule. Then they'd be sure to start and end with good eps so we're never left dissappointed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh cliffhangers at the end of each block
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind as much, but my fam seems to get really ticked off. Battlestar Galactica is doing the same as 24, and I must say, the writing has been top-notch consistently through 2 seasons, unlike some other shows (ducks, avoiding thrown coconuts).

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: