Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Leftovers
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: The Leftovers Reply with quote

The Leftovers
Written by Marcus and Steph (Fan4Lost).

Starring:
Marcus
Steph
Vicky
Nate
Colin
Paul
Aislynn
Holly
Liz

The Plot: 20 years into the future, and 'Lost' has ended. LVI is still going, but the spam is slow. Marcus and Steph are the only spammers left, and feel like Spam leftovers. Finally they get sick of it, and decide to travel around the world to get their friends back on LVI. But the other ex-spammers have changed into new people, and have gotten lives. Marcus and Steph must bring them back to the Spam.

1x01: Pilot. (Written By Marcus)

1x02: Vicky. (Written By Steph)

1x03: Finding Nate D. (Written By Marcus)

1x04: Finding Nate D. (Part Two) (Written By Steph)

1x05: Liz the Criminal. (Written By Marcus)

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.

Last edited by marcus on Fri May 19, 2006 9:22 am; edited 7 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Leftovers.

LVI Spam Thread: 2006.

“Hey guys.” Marcus typed into the computer. “What’s up?”

“Hey, Marcus.” replied Colin on the Spam board. “I was just saying how Nate needs to come out of the closet already!” Marcus laughed as he read these words. Colin always told jokes about Nate being gay, and Nate would always come back with some one word insult…

“Shut up, Potter. Ass.” wrote ‘Lostzilla’. Yep. It was Nate with another short response. He was probably too drunk to come up with a long, clever response.

“Oh, great comeback, Nate.” said Colin. Next to that post was a big ‘sarcastic’ smiley.

Marcus refreshed the page to see a new post, from someone who had an avatar of Sawyer, from their favorite show, ‘Lost’. It was Aislynn, the one who was always promoting peace and happiness. “Hello, Hello.” she wrote. “ *Gives cookies to everyone*…that should keep you all from fighting.”

Paul, or ‘Polarbear’, posted a picture of a man with strange curly hair and a very colorful 80’s shirt, staring excitedly at something. Underneath was a caption saying “Wow. ‘Lost’ rocked last night!” Marcus laughed at the random picture.

Liz signed on and replied to Paul’s post. “I know!” she said. “I love this show so much! I hope it goes on forever!…Same goes for Harry Potter.”

“Liz…” said Colin. “Face facts. Harry Potter will end in like…two years.”

Vicky, who’s screen-name was ‘Fallen_Angel’, came on. “Heya guys, how are ya all? How’s life?”

“Life?” asked Marcus. “What’s that?”

“I agree with Marcus…” Colin posted after. “Lives are for losers…who wants to worry about what they’re gonna do tomorrow when they can just…spam?”

“LOL, Sorry.” said Vicky. “Just trying to keep conversation.”

“If you wanna keep conversation going in the Spam thread, just talk about something random.” said ‘Fan4Lost’, who’s real name was Steph. “Right, Gerbil?”

Steph always called Marcus Gerbil. She had been calling him that for as long as anyone could remember, ever since she saw Marcus’ photo and said he was ‘as cute as a Gerbil’.

“Yep.” replied Marcus. “Something random…such as Asian midgets with no arms.”

“Right…” said Holly, who had just got online. “I challenge anyone to try and become more random than Marcus.”

Liz posted about thirty ‘angry’ emoticons, then wrote “I’m just as random!”

“You’re so sexy when you’re angry, Liz.” flirted Paul. He was always flirting with girls, and was very good at it.

“Thanks, Paul.” Liz replied.

“I agree, Liz.” said Nate. He was also always flirting. But he wasn’t so good at it.

“Ew, Nate.” said Liz.

“LMAO.” wrote Holly.

“Guys, if you’re gonna fight, please, pleeeaaase don’t swear!” Aislynn said. “You guys know how much I hate that.”

“They’re not fighting. It’s called male bonding.” said Vicky.

Marcus smiled. The whole group were such great friends, even though they had never met each other, and probably never would. They had all faced tough times, but got through them with each other’s help. And they were all always up for a laugh.

“Guys…” wrote Marcus. “I know this sounds kinda corny and all, but seriously…promise that we’ll all continue to spam. No matter what. And we’ll never get lives, alright?”

“Absolutely!” typed Steph quickly. “I need to spam with you guys to get me through the day! I promise, Gerbil, don’t worry.”

“I promise.” said Colin.

“I promise.” said Holly.

“I promise.” said Vicky.

“I sure darn-diddely do!!!” said Aislynn, with a ‘cool’ emoticon next to her post. “Sorry… I guess I’ve been drinking too much diet-cherry-vanilla Dr Pepper.”

“I promise!” said Nate.

Paul posted another random picture, this time of a priest with his hand on a bible. “I promise.” He wrote underneath.

“I promise.” said Liz.

And so the group of close friends all promised they would spam until they died, and would never, ever, get lives…

Twenty Years Later…

“Hey guys.” Marcus typed into the computer. “What’s up?”

“lol Tycc3 me OMG 2mora ill B bst eva!!!” replied someone with a username of ‘Luv-G43’.

“Umm…” replied Marcus. “What?”

“I sd tycc LMRL bst QT eva 2R-b!!!” replied Luv-G43.

“Excuse me?” asked Marcus. This guy used far too much of that geeky internet-talk.

Steph came online. “Hey Gerbil! How are you?”

Marcus read these words and sighed sadly. Honestly, he didn't feel so great. Twenty years ago this Spam thread would have been the greatest place in the world to be. It was twenty years ago him and his group of friends had promised they’d always spam here, and that they’d never get lives. It appeared only two people had kept those promises - him and Steph. After ‘Lost’ finished, the other spammers slowly drifted away from the site. And now Steph and Marcus felt like nothing but Spam leftovers.

LVI was still going, even though ‘Lost’ had finished over ten years ago. People still made videos, but there were now fewer than ever, and the ones left were all boring Jate or C/C videos to repetitive pop songs, or videos repeating the shocking answer that had ended all the show’s mysteries in the finale again and again, so much that now the answer didn’t seem so shocking.

Marcus and Steph were the only ones who spammed properly on LVI now, since everyone else wrote with confusing internet-language that was completely unnecessary. Not a day went by when Marcus didn’t wonder what had happened to the original spammers. He and Steph had tried over and over to get them back, with notices on Google, ‘Lost’ fansites, and loads of other places on the internet. But it never seemed to work, and all it did was attract more confusing internet-talk geeks to the site.

Marcus logged off his computer and sighed again, burying his head in his hands. He couldn’t take this any longer. He missed the good old days. He would give anything just to get the old spamming days back. “Screw this!” he said to himself. “I’m tired of being a leftover! I’m getting my friends back!”

Two weeks later…

Steph lay in bed, really bored. She felt too tired to get up, but not quite tired enough to go back to sleep, so she just lay there. A few years ago she might have gotten up to talk to her son, or to chat to people on LVI, but her son had left home several years back, and as for LVI, everyone had left. Even Marcus had disappeared a couple of days ago. She told herself he would come back, but wasn’t too sure. Perhaps he would abandon the Spam thread like so many other Spammers.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. “Damn it!” she said, getting up. She went to the door, still wearing a dressing gown and with messy hair. “Hello?”

“Hey, Steph.” grinned a man at the door.

She stared at him. Something about him was really familiar, but she wasn’t sure what it was. “Err…do I know you?”

“You’ve known me for twenty years!” laughed the man.

“What the?” asked Steph. “I don’t recog--” Then it hit her. She looked at him, shocked. “Gerbil?”

Marcus nodded and smiled. Steph dragged him into the house. “Quick, get in here, I don’t want anybody to see me all messy like this!”

Marcus laughed and looked at her more closely. “Umm…aren’t you, like…fifty?”

“Yes.” replied Steph.

“Wow…” said Marcus. “You look like you’re…thirty!”

“Well, Thankyou, Gerbil.” laughed Steph. “I do try.”

“Well, yeah, but…seriously.” said Marcus. “Have you had surgery or something?”

“Ofcourse not.” said Steph. “I just stay healthy, y’know…eating vegetables and stuff.”

“Right…” said Marcus.

“Anyway,” Steph continued. “Mind telling me what the hell you’re doing here?”

“Oh, right, yeah!” Marcus said. “Well…how much do you miss the old spammers?”

“You know how much I miss them.” replied Steph. “More than anything.”

“Then how would you like to help me get them back?”

Steph stared at Marcus. “What do you mean?” she asked.

“I mean we get them back. We go find them, and get them to spam again!”

“What?!?” asked Steph. “You’re crazy! You’re just gonna go around the world searching for spammers and…ask them to get back on the net?”

“Yeah.” said Marcus. Steph gave him a strange look. He continued speaking. “Look, I know it sounds stupid, but seriously, I’ve got nothing going for me right now! I have a small, simple, boring job at a cardboard factory, and get enough money to get me by. But my life is dull. And I need Spam to get me through.”

Steph looked at him. “Is it really this important?”

“It’s more important than anything else in the world to me.” said Marcus.

“You’re really serious?” asked Steph. Marcus nodded. “Why don‘t you just put an advertisement on the internet?”

“We‘ve tried that countless times. You know it doesn‘t work.”

“Well, do you realise how much it’ll cost going round the world like this?” she added.

“I sold a couch on Ebay, and said it used to belong to Madonna.” said Marcus. “I got a pretty decent amount of money for it.” Steph laughed. “Come on, Steph, what have ya got to lose?” asked Marcus

Steph thought for a while. “Oh, alright.” she finally said. “Let’s get the spam back!”

“Great!” said Marcus, excited. “And I’ve already found a Spammer’s home. Back in Australia…Vicky.”

And so the two set off on a journey to get their friends back. It seemed easy, to just go round and tell people to go back to LVI. But little did they know it wouldn’t be nearly that simple. Neither of them were prepared for how much the group had changed since they last spoke to them…

TO BE CONTINUED.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol awesome. One question though how do you know where we live exactly?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
lol awesome. One question though how do you know where we live exactly?

Two words: Private investigators

lmao I bet that wil be the Spam thread in 20 years. Heck, maybe a year even. Great job Marcus.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky is pretty simple, since she's in my country, so I didn't bother mentioning how we know...but as the show goes on we'll have to do some work to find out where people live.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah your country being a pretty small place then It would have been cool if you'd maybe hacked into the server and found our addresses stored in LC's emails or something.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I probably could find Vicky's adress...for the sake of this fic, we'll just say I knew Vicky's last name. Then I would be able to find it.

We may do that some time, though. Good idea.

fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just too brilliant for words you guys!!!!! I totally loved it

wait a minute.... you can figure out where I live Marcus well just don't tell Nate ok

anyway can't wait to see what wacky adventures we all get up to and how we've all changed

Great work Marcus and Steph
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! This is really cool! No, it's fandidily-tastic!

Can't wait to read more!
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Steph's gonna write the next ep.

And Vicky, even if I knew your last name I wouldn't go find out where you lived, don't worry.

fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phew

it's funny i can't imagine anybody here with a last name... it's weird
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last name is actually Magillicutti
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok and my last name is Kissmyass

lol J/K
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol you had to add JK just in case someone believed you
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeh exactly lol

you never know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: