Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:18 am    Post subject: April Contest Information Reply with quote

Contest Name: Humor Videos

Contest Deadline: April 30th

The Details
Looking for a good reason to laugh about Lost? Ready to shake away the mid-season blues with some truly funny vids? Look no further!

To celebrate the official month of comedy, pranks, and the lot; April Fools, we are holding a contest devoted solely to funny Lost vids. No catch, no specifications, just comedy.

If you’re finding this harder than you expected here are some tips: a good comedy doesn’t just rely on a funny song, but also on originality and the vidder’s ability to take things to a further level. A video that merely follows a funny song with nothing special, or one that just showcases a montage of the funny moments of Lost is much less likely to beat an original one that used AU to make the viewer laugh.

The Prizes
This month we are offering a prize to each of the three winners graciously donated by Lostcalier! First, second, and third place will each recieve a copy of the Official Lost Magazine Issue Number 3, previewed here.

The Rules
Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page and all regular submissions rules apply! The following rules apply only for this contest.
-Running time must not exceed 5:00.
-Be creative
-The video must focus on Lost
-Videos made prior to the contest can be submitted as long as they fit the criteria, but we encourage vidders to make unique entries for the contest
-When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "April 2006 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.
-Please do not use Megaupload or Yousendit to host your files.
-Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, and you have to do this when I'm overloaded with other vid stuff, huh?

I'll try
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Gasp*

I have to enter this one, humor vids are my best ones. I hope I can get the time to make one for this!

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally an easy contest! lol
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, sounds like fun. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with. I'll probably not be entering due to lack of time, hard drive space, and season one eps.

sig by niki blue
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, man! I'm out! Humor ain't my thing....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll probably not be entering due to lack of time, hard drive space, and season one eps.

Well, the season one eps thing shouldn't be really a problem, I reckon. There were quite a lot of great and funny moments in season one.

I can understand the lack of time problem though. Having it myself, although I would really love to participate because I have a few ideas. But I think I will have to skip this contest

Who else is going to take part?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Quote:
I'll probably not be entering due to lack of time, hard drive space, and season one eps.

Well, the season one eps thing shouldn't be really a problem, I reckon. There were quite a lot of great and funny moments in season one.

No, I mean I don't have any season one eps at the moment! I had to clear some room on my extremely limited hard drive for Doctor Who eps (and, hey, the new season/series is starting soon), so Lost S1 got sacrificed. Once I upgrade my hard drive I'll hopefully have enough space for both shows, but at the moment it's one or the other--Lost S2 will probably end up being deleted to make room for the tenth Doctor.

sig by niki blue
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay finally I am back in time to enter a challenge. I've got a new editor and am on highspeed internet so hopefully I will do better in this challenge as I didn't even place in the last one I entered here. (Lost title credits video)

Now all I need is a video... Good luck to all who enter and no matter what happens at least we all get a windfall of funny Lost vids!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, one question:
Does it have to be a *general* Lost video or can it be about a particular ship / character... ??
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if it makes people laugh then you can do pretty much anything.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I got an idea for the contest but it's a secret. I promise it will make you laugh. It's going to require some major clip and animation manipulation, so if I don't finish it in time, I will still post it for a few chuckles.

So, I'm in as long as I can meet the deadline. Weeeee!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Steph. I'm sure you'll do great with this contest.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I think if it makes people laugh then you can do pretty much anything.

"Zactly
KaJaM, you can do a "clip show" vid of the assorted funny moments if you want, keep it general, or you can go to individual stuff. As long as it's funnny, and well-done! That's the ultimate goal. Harder than it looks, I suspect, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phew I have now finished and submitted my vid. I started it at the beginning of the month lol. I doubt it'll do well since I'm still relatively new to vidding, but at least I managed to make my best friend laugh out loud!

Has anyone else finished or will finish soon?

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: