Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x17 - "Lockdown" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 11:58 pm    Post subject: 2x17 - "Lockdown" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Talk about today's new episode. Beware of spoilers of aired material! Airs 9:00 PM Eastern.

S2E17 - Lockdown
When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry.

(Or should it be called "Lockedown"? Oh the wit!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the episode over here in Canada. For a Locke episode, (I'm a bit close-minded with him atm), I really quite enjoyed it.

The Flashbacks: Okay, I love Helen. She was awesome. I love how she stood up for Locke, and stood by him firmly until she was convinced he chose his Dad over her. As sad as I felt for Locke (yes, I admit it) when she turned down his proposal near the end, I can't say that I blamed her. She thought John was ready to let go ("we moved past this!"), unaware of what was really going on, with Anthony Cooper's con and all that jazz.

Speaking of which, what up with Cooper anyway? Where was he going? Why? He might've mentioned it, but I find it hard to hang on to every word that man says. Gah. So confusing.

AND OMGWTF NADIA WAS, LIKE, IN LOCKE'S FLASHBACK! WTF WTF WTF

Wasn't some major Locke connection to Sawyer supposed to revealed in this episode? Meh.

The Island - Bahahaha. The hatch strikes back 4 realz, yo!!1one!!1 Locke's leg is totally damaged. Henry Gale is actually spelt like H-E-N-R-I, and Henry Gale actually ISN'T Henry Gale, he may be ONE OF THEM, and WTF IS IT NEXT WEDNESDAY YET?

Humbug. The parachute thing was weird. Are the Dharma peoples dropping supplies every now and then? Charlie totally spoke my thoughts with "What the bloody hell is that?" Srsly. Speaking of Charlie, I didn't understand why they didn't show the Charlie/Sayid/Ana + Balloon storyline until the end, where it showed what they had been doing all of that time - digging up "Henry's wife's" grave, only to find the REAL
slim shady -- I mean, Henry Gale! AHH, IT'S SO CRAYZEE.

The Jack/Sawyer thing? = AWESOME. They're becoming jungle pals! Aww! Okay, well, they're not quite there yet, but I loved the kinda sorta bonding. Cute. I immediately thought of all those Brokeback videos, hee. And Hurley, Kate, Libby and basically the whole sodding camp watching them? Hahaha, brilliant!

The Jate... Okay, I'm a Skater but...OMG. AWWW. SQUEE! SQUEE! I'm beginning to like Jack more and more each episode (there was a time when I was anti-Jack..ahh, memories) and his scene with Kate near the end ("I can walk you back to camp if you like") made me melt. So sweet. Of course, the island mysteries overshadow the shippiness, as was expected...damn parachute.

Besides the Jate, was I the only one getting [platonic] Jaire vibes from this episode? I think they're pretty sweet together, in contrast to Season One, where Jack only saw her as the pregnant girl and Claire didn't feel as if she could talk to him without being taken seriously. I am totally loving the Jack & Claire relationship.

Now, as for Locke...hmm. He's still not my favorite. I don't really know how I feel towards him. I felt an ounce bit sorry for him in his flashbacks, but on the island...his possesiveness of the hatch is a little strange, I never really understood why he feels the need to be responsible for it. Basically, Locke's confusing me right now...hmm.

Overall Episode Rating 8/10

Next Week: The Canadian preview shows a scene with Sayid and Ana in the hatch, Sayid pointing a gun at "Henry", who is tied up. They talk about Zeke, and Sayid tells Henry he has until "three" to give them some answers, or he'll shoot. Henry screams "I'M NOT A BAD PERSON!" before Sayid says "Three." Then, it fades to white as a gun shot fires.

NEXT WEDNESDAY CAN COME ANYTIME NOW.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you read epico by the way. There are icons all over LJ about it and I've been to the site, but I haven't read. It must be pretty frickin' good.

Anyway, the ep = great. More later.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay good episode. A few thoughts:

"Henry" is full of crap. Cool Sayid, Charlie, Ana interaction.

Locke, for all his intelligence is REALLY gullible. Hell believe anything.
Also I couldnt help but think of Karma in reference to his leg. Hopefully I wont have to say what I mean about that.

When the blue light went on, I thought of a giant tanning booth! My sister thinks the map shows all the "hatches" on the island.

The package delivery is very odd- means someone HAD to fly overhead and drop that.

Hurley WAS in an institution, does this mean he has paranoid schiz?

Laughing all the way through the poker game- I love when Jack and Sawyer are one on one. Im also more convinced that Locke's father is the real Mr. Sawyer. More fun nicknames to add to the Sawyer list- funniest this time- "Muttonchops".

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah.

Locke episodes always rule even if you hate his flashbacks, he always delivers the island secret goodies

Totally called the Henry Gale disguise thing, but damn now Locke is in one hell of a predicament... on one hand Henry certainly is guilty, but on the other hand he hasn't done anything, and he saved Locke's life! Granted, if he'd run away his whole mission would fail, but still...
It would just be wrong to kill him. Have him join their side maybe? Oh those poor Losties that's one tricksy predicament.
Oh and Sayid is hardcore. Dug up the grave just to prove Gale wrong awesome
Quote:
Locke, for all his intelligence is REALLY gullible. Hell believe anything.

pfft if that was your favourite character in the same situation you would say the complete opposite. I thought Locke did a very good job of laying out that he was still very distrustful of Henry, and besides he had no choice really. This is one rare time I would have found it hard to hold this against Locke.

Oh and Mr. Cooper could totally be the real Mr. Sawyer.

Upsides: something happened, next ep actually looks really good too, and we finally have an other who isn't gonna get shot by Charlie (he's gonna get shot by Sayid but anyway...) and that is some serious dramatic tension there. Plus, we've got a reason for why Hurley will never lose much weight
Downsides: Even at what I would consider the better of them all, flashbacks still fail to entertain me... a black screen with random dharma clicks and other's whispers would be better . But that goes without saying. Ah, and the first scene "your father, he's dead" LOL
Not much happened, and we still don't know what happens when the numbers aren't entered, or even if they weren't or not... but I can't hold that against them, we can't be given too many answers or there is no show. I'm content that they're being spread out a bit more now though.

Another great ep! I've thouroughly enjoyed the last few (though last wasn't super-dee-duper, but for a Jun one I thought it was pretty good).
Anyway, enough Lost time, onto Kingdom Hearts 2 la dee da dee da!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I mean its like he again and again believed his father, Ethan etc. Nothing personal Hobbes, just a pattern. He's a bad liar (he just has this guilty face when he does) and bad at spotting a liar. You and I are like Locke and Jack- you want to believe in him all the time, and I wonder why everyone is so quick to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Totally with you on the flashback thing though. All I could think at the end of this one was- "So we STILL dont know how he ended up in a wheelchair", then was saddened at the thought of another episode. And I mean that about everyone's flashbacks, except the new people.

And its a nasty biz, but I wouldve dug up the grave. At first I thought maybe Henry was gay and didnt want to tell anyone so he told everyone it was his wife instead of "life partner", but theres no talking around this one...hes a liar.

With John's leg, all I could think was "payback's a bitch huh?".

Also, is anyone else beginning to get a MYST/RIVEN feel for the hatch? Maybe its when it closed off, there were those weird sounds and I saw the books.

DID the clock run out or not? Conflicting reports...

Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome Ep! Locke rocks!!
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nadia's alive!! YAY!

And a connection I sorta noticed between Sawyer and Mr. Cooper was that right when he opened the door and saw Helen. He called her sweetheart. And the nicknames begin.....

Banner: Shinythings
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the shite on the blast doors. More dharma cooky stuff please. And the parachute! Looks like dharma do have contact with the outside world.

The flashbacks were okay again nothing special. Not really relevant to the island stuff which I always like to see and I am really getting tired of Locke having it bad in his past. Plus we still haven't learnt how he got in a wheelchair. Big minus point for me. We gonna have to wait for season 3 for that now?

I dunno why Jack had to totally own Sawyer with the card game. Surely Sawyer would be better at poker than Jack and the glad you beat Sawyer comment was meh. Gah talk about forcing a ship.

The ending was awesome as ever. They seriously need to end it with Henry every time. Overall an average ep for me. I was hoping for more to be revealed during the Lockdown scenario.

Sorry if I am on the moan train recently but the last two episodes haven't been terrible just nothing much has happened and I am just waiting for that killer episode to come along to really get my teeth into.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I dunno why Jack had to totally own Sawyer with the card game. Surely Sawyer would be better at poker than Jack and the glad you beat Sawyer comment was meh. Gah talk about forcing a ship.

Me and Pauly are going to sound like disgruntled Skaters, I know, but I SO agree with all of that. You just can't hardly make me believe that Sawyer, the guy who runs cons for a living is going to get beat by Jack at poker. Twice. (Although I guess that could be one of those weird things that sometimes happen in real life. OR Sawyer could be running another Long Con... Lulling Jack into a false sense of security and all that. Yep. *nods*)

Wow, that's so true what you said, Ruth: You and Warren are like the Jack and Locke of LVI!

You what the first thing I thought when I heard those turbines or whatever they are start up with the countdown clock doing its flippity-flippity sound, then Locke finally managed to drag himself into the dome and there's the countdown at 107...

I don't believe "Henry" entered the code. I think that all that happens if you don't enter the code is that you get the dog and pony show of noise and weird symbols then the clock resets itself and does the whole thing over again.

However, I would find it extremely cool if we eventually find out that if you don't push the button, Lost Island will launch a nuclear missile and blow something important off the face of the earth. Like my local WalMart or something really big like that...

And, of course my MOST important observation of this ep was...

OMG did Sawyer look blazing hot in every one of those poker scenes or what? Geez and he didn't even take off his shirt! Dimples alert! Woo-hoo! *faints, dies*

~Aislynn, bringing you the intelligent, thoughtful commentary that you've come to expect...
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ais: to quote my mom:

"I know why they call it LOST: you could get LOST in those dimples!"

DaisyAdair
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have the picture of the door?
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool ep!! then again a Locke ep is always a good ep.

Nadia - Yay!

The Hatch - The hatch strikes back! Awesome to see Lock freaking out. LOL

Jate - the shower and the beach walk? lol Jack needs to make a better move.

Henry Gale - I was fooled for a sec at the beginning, then again look at those eyes, they have "the others" written all over

AL, Charlie, Sayid - Well I don't really care bout Charlie, But AL and Sayid had me joining the Ana/Sayid ship whatever you call it.

Jack/Claire
- Sorta cute

Jack/Sawyer - Jack beat the crap outta Sawyer at poker?? AWESOME "When I need the guns, I'll get the guns" LOL and I've been to Phuket, it's awesome.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff on the door was apparently a map to all the hatches! How cool is that.

http://www.losthatch.com/multimedia/S2E17_Blast_Door_Enhanced.jpg
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the first thing I thought that map was.
Javi even said himself that there were at least 6 more hatches on the island in the second issue of the Lost magazine.
You get some pretty good info from those mags.

Oh and awesome episode last night!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: