Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"by your side" by cylune
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: "by your side" by cylune Reply with quote

"by your side" 01-05-2007
We know how much Charlie cares about Claire, this was my attempt to show how much Claire cares for Charlie.

Song: By Your Side by Allison Crowe
Vidder: cylune
Length: 3:54 (37.7MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y03tLFJE4-8
http://www.zshare.net/video/21292519598273/
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do a little introduction if you don't mind...

This song was written and performed by Allison Crowe, an indie Canadian singer. She did a spectacular version of Hallelujah and I used the song for my very first video (I eventually re-did that vid and... see signature. ). Her manager Adrian got word of it and was so nice...he wrote a little comment to say that Allison's seen the video and she liked it... she even sent me an autographed CD!! Adrian invited us to use other songs by Allison Crowe for our vids. I said I was going to so here it is.

This song is my favorite of the album. Quite sad and the emotion in it is quite palpable. However, vidding wise, it's a real nightmare . No beat use, very, very slow and only one instrument used throughout the song (it was a live performance, can you imagine??? She's got such a beautiful voice!!).

Anyway, thanks a lot to Aislynn who gave me some advices on how to make a vid interesting using a very slow song, thanks to Karolina who beta the first minute of the vid, thanks to Steph and her awesome Vegas tutorial (the piano-shadow effect at the beginning was used using the mask feature), thanks to jellyfrog who makes the most gorgeous graphic ever and thanks to Adrian and Allison Crowe for giving me inspiration for yet another C/C vid.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg....cylune...that was such a beautiful video
This was the first time i heard that song but i must say that i liked it a lot and it's perfect for that video....Charlie and Claire are my second favorite ship on LOST and i just fell in love with your "Against all odds" video but that's deffinitely among the best PB & J videos...it's sooo sweet and touching
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Borislava, that's so sweet of you! I noticed that a lot of Jate shipper like the C/C ship too. It must be the sweetness in both relationship.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUGARY SWEET!
I loved that it was Claires perspective. Very awsomely refreshing
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this video so much! I know I have told you numerous times. But seriously. The song is beautiful and perfect. It is a rare day when I am compelled to watch a CC video more than once. EVEN THE GOOD ONES. This is just so beautifully done and some of the techniques you used are just so gorgeous - but at the same time everything just flows so nicely, there's nothing jarring. It's just a seamless, emotional, well-done vid.

I love it so much.

You used a lot of the same CC scenes (becuase lets face it they're few and far between) but you used them in such a way that made them feel fresh and new.

What a great video!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS Where can I get her music? iTunes?

And that part when she sings "what did they take from you" and you have the piano washing out to sea. SO GOOD.

Gah. My heart hurts now. In the good way.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning effects Cinthia! that played well with the theme of the vid aswell. Great job!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 - Thanks so much! I know a vid from Claire's POV might not be entirely canon but I guess it was nice to pretend that Claire is madly in love with Charlie for once! I hope we'll see her being a little more affectionate to Charlie now that they are a couple.

SuperKC wrote:
This is just so beautifully done and some of the techniques you used are just so gorgeous - but at the same time everything just flows so nicely, there's nothing jarring. It's just a seamless, emotional, well-done vid.
Squeee!!!! Thank you so much KC! One of the thing I was afraid was that the effects would take over. I love using effects but it's a fine line between effects that add to the story and effects that distract from it. I'm glad I didn't go overboard. And thank you so much for mentioning the piano washing out to sea... it's my favorite part of the vid!!!

As from the music, you can download some of the songs here:

http://music.download.com/allisoncrowe/3600-8978_32-100484900.html

And you can listen to all her albums on her official website:

http://www.allisoncrowe.com/

I don't know if she's on iTunes but she's definitely on Amazon. A lot of her song are free downloads over there.

Paul - Thanks!! That's a great compliment, especially coming from you!! You're the best when it comes to innovative effects. I learned a lot from watching your vids over and over again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:

And that part when she sings "what did they take from you" and you have the piano washing out to sea. SO GOOD.

Gah. My heart hurts now. In the good way.

I know!!!!! That's my very favorite part. Poor Charlie.

cylune wrote:
I know a vid from Claire's POV might not be entirely canon but I guess it was nice to pretend that Claire is madly in love with Charlie for once!

Hey, lune, it's your first AU!

Seriously though, I know I told you this before, but you really did have me convinced that Claire was as devoted to Charlie as he was to her. I watched the vid over and over again when I was trying to figure out what to put in the graphic, and I love it! The music is beautiful, the visuals are beautiful (I especially like the silhouettes of them walking away superimposed over the piano) and I actually like Claire more now.

Last edited by jellyfrog on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful. Only word to describe.

I particularly loved the parts where the lyrics fit really well (like the piano washing away) and those amazingly clean shots where you layered a couple scenes into one. Those just felt so... real. Really classy stuff there, it felt like this is an official music video (hey! it should be!).
I can definitely understand how this was a hard vid to make, but I think you pulled it off and crossed that thin line from boring to breathtaking. Allison should be proud .

Speaking of which, I am now downloading all the songs of hers I can get my hands on. Gorgeous song, I want to hear more .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cylune wrote:

Paul - Thanks!! That's a great compliment, especially coming from you!! You're the best when it comes to innovative effects. I learned a lot from watching your vids over and over again.

You sure you have the right guy? Aw thanks. I don't think the effects I use are as stylised as yours but I am glad they gave you some pointers
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jelly!!!!! - lol!! My first AU indeed!! I'm glad you like Claire better now... it might be a good thing since Charlie and her will probably spent a lot of time together now that they are a couple. Well, if they get some screentime, of course!! Thank you so much again for the great graphic... I think you captured everything the vid was about in it.

Warren - yay another Allison Crowe fan!!! She's from B.C. by the way. Thanks so much for the nice comment... I really wasn't sure about that one given the nature of the song. Oh, and thanks for mentioning the muli-layered thing. They seriously challenged my poor old computer. I've been abusing the poor thing lately... I need a new one.

Paul - Yep. I'm sure I have the right guy!! Thanks.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Cynthia! I loved it. There's nothing left to say cos it's all been said up there ^

So just know that I loved it

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Sheree
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very moving and beautiful vid! I got tears in my eyes watching it.
I need to go watch it again... WOW!!...

~byhttp://irises.livejournal.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: