Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw thanks Ruth I would have had no idea what to dress up as though. What did you go as?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the parties happened last minute, so I didnt have a costume ready. I just dressed in red, did a fun makeup job and had a pair of devil horns...not very original, but hey, it was last minute.

Also concerning BSG: I REALLY want to cut Kara's hair...I hope they do this season- we get it, time passed, ok?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There ya go Ruth, she snipped all her hair off. With a knife no less.

Anyway, it was an ok episode, even though we only got one tiny Roslin scene but whatever, I'm dealing.
A little on the slow side this one but still good nonetheless. I really liked how the hybrid thingy's control the Basestars like that. Thought that was pretty cool.
Also as happy I am that we got hot Apollo back, anyone else think him losing his chubbiness that fast was a little unrealistic? I guess some weeks or so passed since the last episode (in the show I mean) but damn I wish I could lose weight that friggin' fast. And it's not like they have slim fast up there in space. Or maybe they do. Who knows.

So yeah, good ep and I know I say this every week but I'm really looking forward to the next one. I can't wait!

Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Cylons realistic?

But, I agree. It was an okay episode. I'm not gay or anything, but I couldn't stop laughing when I saw fat Apollo. So, thin Apollo is good because it's not lol funny
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
Are Cylons realistic?

Well they could be. Maybe, one day.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
There ya go Ruth, she snipped all her hair off. With a knife no less.

That was a cool scene.

Quote:

Also as happy I am that we got hot Apollo back, anyone else think him losing his chubbiness that fast was a little unrealistic? I guess some weeks or so passed since the last episode (in the show I mean) but damn I wish I could lose weight that friggin' fast. And it's not like they have slim fast up there in space. Or maybe they do. Who knows.

Yeah I was like "that was really fast!" What the hell diet was that?
[/quote]

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody sort of indifferent to whether Lee and Kara ever "get together"?

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inner Kara/Lee shipper is feeling rather disillusioned right about now... I would still like to see them together but they've proven time and again now that they're going to get thisclose then Something Bad Happens and they're screaming at each other again and back to "I Hate You-ville!" (Population: 2 ).

I'm rooting more for Adama/Roslin right now. At least there's a chance we might see some lovin' before they, too, go to "I Hate You-ville!" (Population: 4 )
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe its cause Im a little man bitter, but he seems really mean to her. Like he said about her and guys- the only ones you have trouble with are the ones that are alive...uncalled for! Mean!

But Ais, if it helps....hmmm, boxing scenes, and hmmm do we have clips of Sawyer boxing?

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Maybe its cause Im a little man bitter, but he seems really mean to her. Like he said about her and guys- the only ones you have trouble with are the ones that are alive...uncalled for! Mean!

But Ais, if it helps....hmmm, boxing scenes, and hmmm do we have clips of Sawyer boxing?

Agreed about the mean!

And boxing scenes! *SQUEE!!!!!!!* *does happy dance* Yay, yay, yay! for compatible scenes!
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok well me being a HUGE A/R shipper I basically only have one thing to say right now about last nights episode and thats . . .

. . . ***SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!***

I know the episode was mainly Kara/Lee centric (we finally got to find out what happened between them) but I must say that I especially loved all the Adama/Roslin stuff even more.
How adorable were they in this latest ep? I had been hearing rumors of a cot scene coming up but I didn't really believe it to be true and what ya know, it totally was. Awwwww . . . cuddles.

And because I LOVED all the shippy goodness, I feel like posting a few screencaps.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a fantastic episode! It was os great, as always, BSG NOT a letdown!
Kara/Lee, Ros/Adama scenes brought to you for Aislynn, whom I kept thinking of during the episode. So are Ros/Adama like "together"? Also FANTASTIC ENDING! It almost made me cry! I liked that they ended it that way- of them sort of making up. Starbuck's fear of men isnt something I would know anything about...whistle whislte....

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I can't wait to see this ep! (I have it taped *pause for quaint VCR moment* but I haven't had time to watch it yet, wah!!!!! I'm really looking forward to it, though, judging from those awesome caps and from what y'all have said about it! )

Rocksiren wrote:
Kara/Lee, Ros/Adama scenes brought to you for Aislynn, whom I kept thinking of during the episode.

Awwwww... I'm glad I'm not the only one who does things like that when they're watching TV... "Oh man, this is a total Ruth moment here! She's gotta put this in her vid!" Or "Woot! There's some Jarlie, just for Holly, right there, baby!" That kind of thing...

*hugs all around*
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better post quick before the new ep comes on tonight!

Of course, I loved this ep! Roslin/Adama = too cute for words! I loved how she was a fight fan (instead of being all "oh, hitting people! How barbaric!" like I thought she might! Roslin rocks! ) and I loved how she jumped in the ring with Adama and was giving him advice on how to beat the Chief!

The only thing that worries me is Adama's "I can't let you people get too close to me or I'll make mistakes that will, in fact, end all of mankind" speech. Uh, Bill? You're not including Laura in that "don't get too close-ness," right? RIGHT??? *frets*

Lee and Kara... I loved the way they played it all back, all totally out of order chronologically! I thought for sure that Lee was going to have been the one to have muffed it up! I was waiting for the "Kara, you know this was wrong, we shall never speak of it again" speech followed by her "I hate you! I'm going back to Anders" speech which would've been immediately followed by Anders "Kara, I feel compelled to ask you to marry me right now"which would OF COURSE been followed by Kara's "Yes, I'll marry you! Neener-neener-neener!" while sticking her tongue out at Lee (who would've been up on his High Horse of Morality at that moment).

You get a cookie if you read that whole paragraph. You get a cookie and a glass of milk if you actually understood any of it!

I thought it was beautifully in character for Kara to have a freak-out after Lee told her that he loved her and was willing to leave Dee for her. But really, it was more HER admitting that she loved him that sent her over the edge, wasn't it? You could see it in her eyes, that it just terrified her to have to admit to HERSELF that she loves him.

So of course, she had to make him hate her. That was the only way she could deal with it.

Wow, have I over-analyzed this whole thing or what?

Anyway, I also loved how they neither one got knocked down in their fight. I loved how here, after all the angry, spiteful things they'd said to each other (and all the body blows, split lips and black eyes! ) that they ended up hanging on each other, whispering that they'd missed each other. Kara/Lee is back on the Shipper Track, baby! It might not happen right now but you can see it setting up. Once they've dealt with that anger and resentment, all that's going to be left is crackling chemistry that's going to inevitably suck them back together!

I'm glad to finally have some context for all the mean things they've said and done to each other. It gave me a lot more sympathy for Lee again to realize what she had done to him. He looked like his heart was absolutely broken there at the end when he found out that she had married Anders. Poor guy! I wanted to give him a hug! (The fact that he looks darn good all muscled up and wearing just a towel has nothing to do with it, I swear! )

[/end long, rambling review] Whew! *breath*

To sum up: Episode = good! Aislynn like!

(I could've just said that at the start and been done with it but what sort of fun would THAT have been? )
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay pass the cookies and the milk...cause thats exactly what I thought was going to happen! Between the two of them, hes usually the "skittery" one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: