Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else disappointed there is only one season left or do you think that it is time to end it? I think the story can go on and on even if they find earth really..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I certainly hope there'll be more seasons to come but I kinda doubt there will be anymore after season 4. *is sad*
I agree with Pauly, this show could deffinitely go on and on for years, it's THAT good. I'd totally be there all the way through!

So anyway, I've been trying my hardest to stay away from spoilers recently but . . . yeah that hasn't worked out so well. lol I just read some spoilers for the two part finale and I'm soooooo friggin' sad right now it's not even funny. This spoiler has upset me even more then the whole Starbuck dying thing. I'll quote what it said if any of you's wanna read them.

***MAJOR SPOILERS ABOUT THE SEASON FINALE BELOW! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK***
Spoiler:

Baltar's Trial:
It's decided by the prosecuting attorney that Baltar can only be tried for crimes on New Caprica.

Tigh, who is already bothered by that music, is put on the witness stand by the prosecution and says that as head of the Resistance he saw all the papers smuggled out from Colonial One by their inside source. Ellen's fate is brought up and Tigh is vague in his answer. Cassidy backs off. Lampkin picks up on it and asks Lee about it, who knows nothing. He cross-examines Tigh until Tigh admits to killing Ellen. From Adama's perspective, he sees Lampkin and Lee talk and then Tigh is forced to make that admission. Next up is Roslin who testifies to being on the Cylon's execution list.

Lampkin calls for a recess, since he apparently hasn't figured out how to undermine Roslin yet. Lee reluctantly admits that he might have something. He goes off, meets with his father and ends up symbolically taking off his officer's pin, which Adama readily accepts, which includes the exchange about integrity that has been seen in the promos.

When the trial resumes, Lee's dressed in a civilian suit. Over Baltar's strenuous objections, Lampkin allows Lee to cross-examine Roslin. He manages to draw out of her that she's back to taking kamala root, but he and everyone else is surprised when she says she is doing so because the cancer is back.

Gaeta is next and he says that Baltar signed the execution list, and even claims that he was in the room when Baltar willingly signed it. Baltar rightly protests that Gaeta is a liar since Gaeta wasn't there and Baltar had a gun to his head after having seen Caprica Six shot.

Lampkin now calls Lee to the stand, which again panics Baltar. After some leading questions from Lampkin, Lee ends up pointing out how everyone has done something they didn't want to since the attacks such as shooting down a civilian ship (Adama), pardoning collaborators (except Baltar) and abandoning civilians to the Cylons (Adama and Lee). Everyone has been forgiven, all except Baltar. He posits that Baltar is being prosecuted because everyone else is feeling guilty.

The judges deliberate and return to with a verdict of 3-2 for not guilty. Later in CIC, Roslin goes to talk to Adama and learns that he was the deciding vote. Roslin is none to pleased with this.

TPR COMMENTS: The trial has not one, but two "Perry Mason" moments with Tigh admitting what the audience already knew and Roslin's revelation about her cancer returning. Top it off with Gaeta lying on the stand and Lee giving the "everyone is guilty of something" speech and it makes for a potentially melodramatic trial or one great acting showcase. The Tigh moment isn't a big surprise, but Roslin's cancer is. We were expecting a Lee/Roslin moment, but figured it would involve her attempt to throw the election.

http://www.patriotresource.com/bg/insights/spoilers/season3/finale/tpr031307.html

*cries*
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baltar is so full of it, hes such a crazy mccrazerton. Anyone else sort of disappointed in the last episode? Nothing freaking happened!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody watch last night's finale? And what's this crap about "new eps in 2008???" Two-thousand EIGHT????????? Geesh! *grumbles*

Okay, needless to say if you didn't see the finale and don't want to be spoiled, then don't read any further.

~couple of kinda weak scroll down spoiler thingies~

Dude, I SO don't buy that Tyrol, Tigh, Anders and Tory are Cylons. Especially that they're 4 of the Final Five. My reasoning: (List time! )

1. How convenient would THAT be for all (if you believe Starbuck is one of the Final Five, as I kinda do) or most of the FF have been on Galactica for a bazillion years. Wow, that was some serious forethought to place them all on the only Battlestar to still be surviving, huh?

2. I don't think they'd reveal four of the FF so soon. They could, of course, but it just didn't ring true to me.

3. Wow, those two were really it. Huh. Guess I didn't need to make a list, after all...

I think that the four of them have been brainwashed or had chips implanted in their brains or a combo of the two or something like that during the Occupation and placed as sleeper agents. I think they're still humans but have been conditioned to respond to that music as a subliminal trigger that "activates" them in some way for some purpose. They assume it means they're Cylons. But I noticed that they didn't suddenly flip and become Cylons:

Tigh: "How great is it that we're all Cylons?"

Anders: "Yeah, we had everybody fooled, didn't we???"

Tory: *evil laugh*

Tyrol: "Too bad I didn't know about this when I was hooked up with Cylon!Boomer! We would've had a lot more to talk about!"

I have to admit, though, it kinda tickles me to picture Tigh having to accept that he's a Cylon. I keep imagining him staring into a mirror and growling about "no-good Cylons" then smacking himself across the face a few times...

I loved the scene where Lee, in his suit and tie, realizes that he can't possibly go drink a latte and chat with his new lawyer pals while the depleted Viper corps (made up of mostly n00b pilots) heads off to try and defend the fleet! And I guessed that was going to be Starbuck just by the way she did him before when she was testing out that stealth Viper. She played "hide and seek" with him in the same way. I loved seeing her again but my Final Five Cylon-o-meter was practically singing and dancing when she told him that she'd been to Earth and she would show them the way there.

Whether or not Kara turns out to be a Cylon of anykind, I still get the impression that the Final Five are a rebel faction of Cylons in some way, not really working towards the same goals that the rest of the Cylons are.

And my final thought...

2008????
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see that. I thought Starbuck was too, maybe she is, I have no idea...I kind of liked what I read though, about her story being the "resurrection" type of story prevolent in a lot of religions. Also, are we supposed to accept the FF as something "good"?

Tigh being one is the funniest.

Lee is such a punk- and I knew it was Kara also, i just knew- because he was seeing the "bogie" like she did, it kept appearing and disappearing, etc.

How cute was Ros's phonecall to Adama though?

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
How cute was Ros's phonecall to Adama though?

That was adorable! I was so worried they were going to give them a serious "break-up" over his vote, which I still don't buy, honestly. This guy's too military to be basically talked out of finding Baltar guilty for all the crimes that he really did do and not just the community guilt thing that Lee was nattering on about. *admits she fast-forwarded through a lot of that* But I was glad that, as mad as Roslin was over figuring out that he was the deciding vote, it didn't seem like relationship-killer mad.

And d'oh, after I spent all that time typing up a nice argument as to why I don't think Tigh and the Gang really ARE Cylons, I find this:

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=4d1c0568-6fee-467a-8d81-1d360d808ac3

*waits for the big scene next season of Tigh slapping himself in the mirror over and over again*
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, just seen this trailer the other night for the new 2 hour BSG tv movie "Razor" thats set to air in November on Sci Fi and Space. So excited for this since BSG s04 won't be back on until around the same time as Lost.

Anyway, here's the synopsis: A two-hour Battlestar Galactica special that tells the story of the Battlestar Pegasus several months prior to it finding the Galactica. Admiral Helena Cain is back with her soon to-be-doomed crew, as is our favourite commander Adama and the rest of our beloved characters from the Galactica.

Here's a short promo for it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShOls47ha1s

I can't wait!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey i finished all three seasons and i love it! I agree with Ais, i cant except that those 4 are cylons. Maybe Anders and the other lady just because we dont know much about their back story, But Tighs what, 60? He was probably alive before Cylons were even created. And they already did the Cylon card on Chief. Hmmm i dunno, i never liked those huge character revelations so far into a series. Its kind of what i didnt like about 24. I just find it easy. It will be VERY intresting to see how people will react to this because Tigh, Chief, Anders, and Starbuck (if she is one) Are large members of the fleat, risked their lives every day. Hmmmm I like what you said about Tigh slapping himself in the mirrior. He did have a great line at the end of that scene, when he said he is who he is and hes proud of it. Hmmm im so confuzzled. Its sucks watching 3 seasons of a show in a matter of weeks then having to wait for more! Gah!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: