Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Battlestar Galactica
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Battlestar Galactica Reply with quote

Anyone on here watch this and/or feel like chatting about it? I know theres boards for this, but like the lost-forum, I get a little overwhelmed.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought I would like this show. I generally hate those old 70's crappy sci fi shows. But this has clearly been brought up to date and the writers have done a great job. I'm a little disappointed the pace hasn't quickened. Weren't they meant to be closer to finding earth. I love all that mythology stuff about earth and the gods. They seem to find a lot of other things to care about and fill in the story in the meantime.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about the pacing of this season, but come on, it sure beats the HELL out of Lost's Pace!

Also can you believe Dee? She didnt mourn for Billy like AT ALL. And he died saving her!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I liked them. They were cute. I don't like her with Apollo at all.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that whole situation seemed really "forced"...but man he wasnt even cold and she hopped into the sac with Apollo. Looks like Anders is going to be on the next one.

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think Baltar is a cylon? Cause that would explain his connection to the sexy lady cylon that kept popping up in his head. Also it would explain how he popped up in her other version's head. Sorry I'm bad with names.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah its okay!!

Im not sure, but I got to thinking that when
1.) they were talking about the whole house etc being totally destroyed, including the original #6. So HE survived?

2.) He appeared to her when she was "reincarnated"- I didnt know right away that he was a "vision" to her.

Yeah I dont know. It would be a good twist, but a freaking great copy huh? Or do you mean like a cylon from the beginning, like from "birth"?

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
1.) they were talking about the whole house etc being totally destroyed, including the original #6. So HE survived?

THAT has so totally bugged me this whole time! How could he have possibly survived that blast? I keep thinking that maybe he's some sort of slightly "defective" Cylon, that's why he keeps hearing and seeing Six when she's not really there. Like she's his "Cylon" nature that he hasn't quite connected with.

At the same time, though, him being a Cylon might be too obvious a choice. Why would Six have had to covertly get all the info from him (which made her a hero to the other Cylons) if Baltar was a Cylon and could've just given them the info straight up! (Unless he's a sleeper agent and they didn't want to "activate" him yet... )

Dang, I never knew I'd thought so much about all of this... I thought I was just in it for all the Lee eye-candy...

And I totally agree that Lee and Dee (which just rhymes too much on its own to be a respectable ship, doncha think? ) are waaaaay too forced. I just assumed the writers only put them together to throw another wrench in any possible Lee/Kara thing. Like they NEED another wrench.

*sniff* Poor Billy... I knew as SOON as he grabbed that gun, he was dead meat! They made Dee look like a total skank, didn't they?

Again, I had NO IDEA I really wanted to talk about all of this so much! Thanks for the thread, Ruth!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust No one!!! LOL! Very good points Ais.

Yeah I originally started watching it for Jamie Bamber (lusted after him in Horatio Hornblower) but its actually a REALLY good show!

Yeah she just hopped into bed with Lee, like not even seeing Billy's body or anything. And yeah I knew he was dead meat too, lol. Yeah it was like "oh all of a sudden we have an animal attraction". And it was an odd choice for a "triangle"....at least on LOST the triangle was kind of established from the beginning. I just dont feel the chemistry between them that maybe I should be. And I was soo mad at him for going off on Kara; mr self righteous!

Also, didnt Baltar get xrayed, MRI'ed? I wish they let us in a little more on the Cylon anatomy (like how the formation of a baby was possible), like are they designed to fool exams like that?

I almost started crying at the end of "Downloaded", with 6 and Sharon making that pact...it was just SO cool! They are rebelling AGAINST the rebellion! Hopefully Anders will remember.

Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay anyone even want to test the waters of the very controversial finale? I am ready to discuss with the two other people here who watch the show. I dont like to talk about it with BSG fanatics, they are kind of scary.

ANYWAY

Hate Kara's hair, especially the extensions.

Im sure one day theyll tell us why Kara and Lee hate each other now.

Completley called Cally being in love with the cheif.

This was a MASSIVE conspiracy by the Cylons. They truly knew that Baltar would be the worst president ever. Kind of like the President off of 24, like no fight in him because hes such a coward. Hints of the decline of Rome (hedonist). Gaeta just HAD to be such a boyscout, did he? No wonder hes like Chief of staff now.

Where is Sharon #2? I saw Helo, but not Sharon.

Will there be a love triangle between Sharon #1 (reincarnated), Callie and the Chief?

I wish they hadnt forwarded time so far, it wouldve been cool to be privy to the "new" ideas set forth by Six and Sharon #1. The creeping of their thoughts through the Cylons like the individuality thing through the Borg.

Kara has it right. Fight until you cant anymore. This is gonna be weird.

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just saw this miniforum for TV shows and yay BSG! I'm not a fanatic but I am a fan so hopefully you won't mind me putting in some opinions here too.

Quote:

Yow that is an interesting idea but I saw it as she shielded him from the blast which blew the windows in and it wasn't really strong enough to cause the house to fall down. Odd that when he meandered his way to the Raptor that he wasn't covered in blood or pieces of "six." He is not a Cylon though (even though that would have been an interesting twist) as Six version 2 explains how he was targeted by the Cylons in the initial plot and she saved him by sacrificing her body #1 because she loved him.

On the Finale I was very confused and a little bit disappointed in the way it was carried out. I liked the idea that the show ends with President Baltar outdoing Bill Clinton and being caught with his pants down by the Cylons in every aspect. I didn't like Kara's hair but it fit in with the whole new colony where you can finally 'let your hair down' or let it grow out. I also had a feeling Cally liked the Chief as she was always doing stuff for him even when it was covering for him when he was doing ... um stuff in the tool room with Sharon #1. When I first started watching the Finale I was pulling my hair thinking "Oh NO!" it seemed like Galactica 1980 all over again when they finally found Earth...but then the Cylons flew in and saved the day! I am looking forward to the next season because it seems that there are 2 battlestars and probably about 6 vipers for the fleet that jumped away.

My lost music vids
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, how'd I miss the new posts?

Man, I SO knew Cally was in love with the Chief when she blew away Sharon # 1! What a dramatic way to get rid of your main competition, huh?

The jumping waaaay forward in time thing is interesting enough to me if (and this is a big if) they follow through and give us some answers soon. I hate it when they try to drag out a mystery long beyond when it should have been resolved!

And needless to say, my little Lee/Kara shipping heart was NOT pleased by any of the "revelations" from the future... *pout*

MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

And needless to say, my little Lee/Kara shipping heart was NOT pleased by any of the "revelations" from the future... *pout*

Ais, I'm predicting that the pyramid player is going to bite the bullet early next season. He either dies of pneumonia or Leobin version 3 puts a pillow over his head while Starbuck is outside admiring the Cylon Raider fleet flyby. So Apollo and Starbuck would still be a possibility.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoreLight wrote:
He either dies of pneumonia or Leobin version 3 puts a pillow over his head while Starbuck is outside admiring the Cylon Raider fleet flyby. So Apollo and Starbuck would still be a possibility.

The part that really got me was "Starbuck is outside admiring the Cylon Raider fleet flyby" just because I can SEE that!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im sure theyll tell us what "fight" they had...wasnt it funny to see Starbuck hugging Tigh? lol!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: