Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

March Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: March Contest Information Reply with quote

Contest Name: Island Mysteries

Contest Deadline: March 31st

The Details:

Don't you wish sometimes they would give us the friggin' answers already? Well now's your chance to come up with your own ideas! You can answer some of the questions that have confounded us for the past two seasons: What caused the plane crash? What is the sickness? What happens when the button isn't pushed?

I'm sure many of us are just as interested in questions surrounding the character's pasts but you will have to focus solely on the island's mysteries. And fear not cause there are plenty to choose from.

This contest will most likely rely heavily on your creative skills to manipulate video and audio. Just make sure it is clear what you are trying to convey. Take your time and remember even if you don't have the best software nothing beats a good idea.

The Rules

-Running time must not exceed 5:00.

-Be creative

-It must be a question that is related to the bigger picture on the island ie. you can't have why is Hurley not losing any weight or who is Jack's wife sleeping with.

-When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "March 2006 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.

-Please do not use Megaupload or Yousendit to host your video.

-Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.

Write-up by Paul
There's also an alternate method of hosting for anyone who needs some for their contest video. Mandi is offering to share some of her webspace, so send her or Polarbear a PM, or post here, to request for some hosting, and they'll get to you and host your video for you. That is, as long as space permits! Please provide a working download link when you request for hosting (a YSI link will do just fine for this)

Last edited by Hobbes on Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you can't have why is Hurley not losing any weight or who is Jack's wife sleeping with.

Well, damn! I was planning on answering both those questions at the same time!

Cool idea, I may give it a go if I get a good idea. Can't wait to see what people with all that fancy manipulation and animation do though.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ana B
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... this can either be one of the coolest or one of the weirdest challenges you guys have ever created!

This oughta be good!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ana B wrote:
Hmmm... this can either be one of the coolest or one of the weirdest challenges you guys have ever created!

This oughta be good!

My hope is both lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lostaway
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dear...what a challenge! I better get thinking!

Think, think, think....

I got nuthin.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostaway wrote:
I got nuthin.

I have no ideas for this one either
CHARLIE - This is the most crap idea ever. It's never gonna work.
~~~~~~~~
BOONE: You been using that wacky paste stuff that made me think my sister got eaten?
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys get those juices flowing! xD I feel like Steve Carrell on the Office. Sorry I have been watching that recently. Someone has to make the sickness a zombie creating disease and turn people into zombies attacking people

I will be very disappointed if you don't enter acme! Also marcus and MG you guys are very creative and should have no problem with this challenge so hop to it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously....nothing. This is going to be a hard one!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says the girl who made three vids about Charlie as an other. This is perfect for you
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah Blah Blah! I'll bet you've got something good cooking up as we speak, Polar! Me? I'm seriously lacking....
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol no. I'm actually pissed at Vegas lately so I dunno whether I'll be making anymore vids soon. I may be forced to enter if you guys chicken out though!
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, this sounds like the toughest contest yet. I have a grand total of zero ideas. I've entered every contest in the past, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna do this one. Can't wait to see what all of yall come up with!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm....I'm with you Heather, absolutely no ideas. I'm waiting for my free copy of Sony Vegas 6.0, so I'm going to wait to do anymore vids until I get it. My brother is getting it 65% off and is going to have one of the tech-nerds at the lab burn me a copy in case it's encoded. I hope it works.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'll be entering this. I have some ideas, I just don't know which one of these to choose from: how the plane crashed or what happens when you push the button.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooooh, gerbil....i can't wait to see what you do!!!!!! Either one sounds cool tho.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: