Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VOLUNTEERS: Anya, Aislynn, Fall Angel, FAN4LOST
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: VOLUNTEERS: Anya, Aislynn, Fall Angel, FAN4LOST Reply with quote

Hey Steph I hope youre feeling better.

If you dont want to do this anymore, thats cool. Angel- thanks so much for doing some of the work already (how pro-active!).

Alright, I suppose this is what were going to do (I will do some also).

Go through each vidder by letter, that seems to be the easiest. Divide it up so we arent doing the same ones twice, people getting irritated at more than one email or PM.

And of course, there is no 'deadline" on this, so do as few or as many as you want. And if you have objections to the following, let me know; there IS a method to my madness:

Ill take: A, F, K, P, U, Z
Anya: B, G, L, Q, V
Aislynn: C, H, M, R, W
Angel: D, I, N, S, X
Steph: E, J, O, T, Y

So if you get ones that dont work, either email (preferable) or PM the vidder, saying their link doesnt work. Would you prefer me write like a "generic" letter or you guys can just wing it?

If it turns out they dont want it posted anymore, never respond, etc., please make a little list and Ill give it to Hobbes for the "big remove".
DISQUALIFIED HOSTERS also qualify as "bad links". If you dont know exactly what these are, the three "biggies" are Rapidshare, Megaupload and YOUSENDIT.

Again thanks so much for your help!

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*salutes* Sounds like a plan to me! I think I can wing it with the letter. I liked the plan that Vicky mentioned before, about including the link to the LVI page where all the acceptable hosting places can be found. Is that still okay to include?
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good Ais (I have been naughty, I didnt include, sorry!)

But its the host guide by Hobbes:

http://www.lostvideo.net/hosting_guide.php
Its pretty much up to date. The council is going through various hosts we have been finding, so it might take a while. But the "no-no's" are on there.

Its actually not as bad as I thought it would be, Ive already done A, C, K AND P!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocksiren wrote:
Its actually not as bad as I thought it would be, Ive already done A, C, K AND P!

Uh, I was just coming to report that I'm half way through the C's when I noticed yours says "C" also... Hopefully that was supposed to be "F" instead...

I just typed :shlock: I wonder what sort of smiley THAT would be? (The dreaded SHLOCK smiley!!! )
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I meant F, so sorry!

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to know so many sassy ladies have volunteered for this Hey I am organising a bikini mud wrestle competition if any of you want to join that too
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on it with a great big grin! I will wing the email or PM message, something curteous of course. I'll start tomorrow...weeeee, the meds are making me loopy.

I'll keep a list on Notepad of the people who want to be removed. Question tho, if they have more than one link and one of the extra links is one of the big no-no's, does that qualify for disqualification? I think as long as they have one working link, the other's should just be removed from the post. What do you think?

Sassy Lady signing out
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, what do you mean by requesting disqualified hosters to replace their links Rocksiren? Are you saying any video with Yousendit, Rapidshar, or Megaupload gets deleted, or what is the consequence?
That rule is purely and soley for videos sent in to be judged to be disqualified, because thsoe hosters cause huge problems in the voting forum. However, I've always encouraged people to use them after their video is posted as an alternative downloading source so if the link still works in this check though, why do we need to do anything about the link?
This reminds me of an episode of 8 Simple Rules, involving a meatloaf and a pan that it couldn't quite fit in... the whole point of the disqualified hosters isn't even relevant anymore lol... doh. Just a impractical thing us oldie council members put in turned more impractical

Unless I have all that wrong. Correct me if I am!

Also, I hate to ask, but when you wonderful volunteers are checking, are you just checking the main link, or all subsequent links in the topic as wel;l? because the main link may not have worked, but then a good link may have been posted since then. In that case, I suggest another list of vids that need the main link replaced which we can get to.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am checking the whole thread. Sometimes people add a new link because the old one doesn't work. And if they have the no-no's, I am sending them a request to pick another hosting option. Is that cool?
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been checking the whole thread and all links that have been posted there. And, in my own Very Special obsessive-compulsive way, I've been... making a list!

I've got all the vidders' names listed, then if any of their vid links seem to have a problem, I note which vid and what the problem is. If they only have a YSI link, then I've been noting to ask them for a more permanent one.

If their main link doesn't work but an acceptable secondary one does, I'm noting that as well, so that I can turn that list over to an appropriate mod person (waves at friendly mods ) to touch up.

I haven't actually sent any messages yet because I want to go over the list of broken links one more time, just to make sure that, though they didn't seem to be working today, they don't pop back up tomorrow! (I can't completely trust my computer to be operating on all thrusters, ya know... ) I'll send the messages when I'm sure that the link is completely bad.

So... What are we supposed to do if the only link is a Rapidshare or Megaupload one, then? Do we still contact and ask for a different link? I figure that for YSI you pretty much have to, since that link is only going to exist for a week. But the other 2 are more long-lasting and so it's pretty much just a matter of being eligible for a CP or not, not a matter of "nobody can see this vid."

Polarbear wrote:
Nice to know so many sassy ladies have volunteered for this Hey I am organising a bikini mud wrestle competition if any of you want to join that too

Well, you know, I hate trying to get mud out of my hair... How about Jello wrestling instead?

Gee, I sounded SO professional right up until that part, huh?
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm doing that too, Ais I also do not trust my connection that much all the time, so I will check all links again as well.

Edit:

Okay, I couldn't sleep and went through all my letters and sent emails (or PMs because a few people did not have emails listed in their vidder profiles or their forum profiles) explaining that their links don't work and that they need to let us know what to do. Here's a copy of the email I sent to peeps:

Quote:
Hi ! This a courtesy email to let you know that the link for your videos titled:

Listed their video/videos

...are no longer working. Please let me know what you want to do. We can either remove the video link or replace the link with a new one. Please read http://www.lostvideo.net/hosting_guide.php for other options on hosting.

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Steph, volunteer @ LVI

I hope this was right...and I'm also compiling a list of posts where the LVIBot needs to be updated, but that is totally up to you guys if you even want to go that far.

Let me know if I screwed this up.
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Hobbes, many of the links I checked on Rapidshare etc didnt work anymore ANYWAYS. So yeah Im counting them. A lot of them are picapic.

Sorry overwhelmed with questions.

Im just making a little list too of the vidders who want to be taken down, and you guys can send them to me (its not good to post them publicly) and Illl give them to the webmasters. Sounds good Steph.

I have also been checking to see if they have posted a new link in the thread somewhere, and if the secondary link works, just make a little notation and I can edit it. I was editing them with the new link, and not bothering to send a letter.

Anyway good work guys, remember were going to be conservative on this one, so dont worry Hobbes, you always have the finally say

Paul will you and/or Sawyer be wrestling with us?

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be later but we will be wrestling in bed
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Paul, like most men, you are a tease.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: