Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x14 - "One of Them" Episode Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: 2x14 - "One of Them" Episode Discussion Reply with quote

Talk about this weeks new episode. Beware spoilers from this point out!

First aired: 2/15/2006
Writer: Carlton Cuse, Damon Lindelof
Director: Stephen Williams
Guest star: Mira Furlan (Danielle Rousseau) , Kamari Borden (U.S. Soldier #2), Theo Rossi (Sgt. Buccelli), Clancy Brown (Joe Inman), Thomas Meharey (U.S. Soldier #1), Marc Casabani (Tariq), Lindsey Ginter (Sgt. Austen), Michael Emerson (Henry Gale)

After Sun getting injured, some of the survivors begin to think that one of the "other survivors" might be one of "The Others." When French woman Danielle Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the "Others.'' Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breech of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a rumor that the clock that runs down from the promo isn't the clock at the swan station. Is that true? I mean, did they find another station? Does anybody know? That would be cool if they did find another station, tho.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elusive Creature? Please! Not another boar episode!
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Elusive Creature? Please! Not another boar episode!

OMG, I know! But if Sawyer takes his shirt off...WOO-HOO! I don't care what's chasing him-LOL.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH! to phrase this a bit better way:

Beware of episode spoilers as soon as the episode airs.

I wouldn't want to know the spoiler info if I happen to come in here during the show, wonder what's gonna happen, and find out something shocking like Sawyer is going to lose his shirt later on in the episode!

As a rule of thumb: if it hasn't aired, it can't be said in here.

That spoiler warning is just for the West Coasters who might somehow think we aren't gonna talk about the ep until theirs airs 3 hours after the East Coast one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fan4Lost
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG-I'm sorry Hobbes. I'm such a doof...and it does say no spoilers. Forgive me, it's my old age.
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's pumped? I'm pumped! And who's gonna stand by me when I yell "This is our week PB&Jers!!!"

Nobody? Okay!

*sits in corner and plays with blocks*

Banner: Shinythings
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DANIELLE: "I was going to wait until dark, and then find you at your tent."
SAYID: "To do what?"

Am I the only one who thought Danielle's answer to that was going to include the phrase "wild, crazy sex"?

sig by niki blue
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chica:
Well, not before, but NOW yeah

Let me just say....
OMG BROTHER JUSTIN

I've never liked Sayid much before just because Naveen's acting never wowed me, but today I bite my tongue, he was amazing.... and I don't usually notice acting.

I have to say, I believe Sayid about the guy lying, and not because of spoilers or anticipation that something is gonna happen.

Sawyer's a jerk now. Aislynn! Your Southern Boy killed the froggie

Anyone wondering on the counter symbols (that was cool btw, but oh I almost wish something HAD blown up ) translate to "Cause to Die" or "Killing" or words around that area. According to his at least:
http://forums.go.com/abc/oceanic/thread?threadID=859408

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e183/Alyson3783/hieroglyphs.jpg

Ah and yet another little connection: Kate's dad was the soldier there, in case anyone didn't notice (I know I didn't the first time LOL) and he looks at a picture of young Kate later.

Looking forward to the next one. We may not have gotten much info this ep, but I did enjoy the backstory and the rst of it. Lost is slowly picking back up methinks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! awesome episode in every respect! This is the quality I expect to see but am often let down when i don't. But not this time! Bravo!

Writing, acting, direction.. it was all there this time! Not to menttion Clancy Brown!!! YESAHHH!

Everything felt right about this episode! I don't see how anyone could possibly complain about this one.

Here's hoping there are more like it to come!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Clancy Brown. I loved Jack telling Locke to shut up. It was so... awesome. (And by awesome, I mean sexy.) That being said, this show SUCKS why the hell do I even watch it? :sarcasm:
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Sawyer's a jerk now. Aislynn! Your Southern Boy killed the froggie

I just happened to tune in on my little bitty TV to check that the VCR was taping okay RIGHT at that scene. At first I was all, "Oh, look! A cute Sawyer and Hurley moment!" And then smooooooooooooooooooosh.

If there was ever a moment I was going to be all vulgar and say WT*? that would have been it! Actually what I DID say out loud (you know I talk to the TV, even the little bitty one! ) was, "What? Are they trying to totally assassinate any shred of character Sawyer had left after TLC???" *gag*

That said, I still love my Southern boy. He's not bad, he's just...written that way. And maybe that was an evil frog. An evil frog of the Others. An evil Ninja Assassin frog of the Others. Who was going to poison everyone in their sleep. Then do some wild Ninja moves. Maybe he was a evil Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle--uh, Frog! Hey, it could've been! Maybe Sawyer just saved everyone from a slow horrible Ninja Frog of the Others death!

I choose to believe it was so.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggin the counter symbols did you guys hear a strange noise just after they appeared like something was charging up? I wonder if people are so sure nothing will happen now.

I loved the start. Ana is like where is Jack? And Sayid is why? Yeah why? why does Jack always have to know

Oh and the frog squishing incident. Honestly it's just a frog it was probably going to be eaten by something the next day. If something was driving me that crazy I couldn't say whether I wouldn't squish it or not.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul, the bottom of your sig...LOL

And I can totally get over the frog thing, Ais . He was just showing off. The big bad frog was out to get him and he had to show off in front of Hurley, but yeah-

I did hear that after the clock ran out. I totally recant my previous comments about nothing happening if the clock ran out. Something did happen. And did anybody else see what flashed while the red flaps were spinning? They looked like Egyption glyphs. Not sure yet what they mean.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steph

Henry Gale= Dorothy's uncle in Wizard of Oz and he supposedly came to the island in a balloon so yeah definite connection.

Apparently Wizard of Oz refers to a scientific experiment aswell:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wizard_Of_Oz_%28experiment%29
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: