Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Sony Vegas feat. a beginner's tutorial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone do a best use of transitions tutorial too? I think I still need to improve on that.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Holly could do this? Her use of transitions in "Total eclipse..." was awesome!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the tutorial! I'm using the 30-day trial version at the moment and this thread really helped.

I had a problem with my latest vid though when I tried to save a smaller version. I had flashes of black where I used a cookie cutter effect. It didn't happen with the big version. Is that a common problem?

Another question... I'm finding it really difficult to follow the beat of the music when I insert transitions. The image in the preview screen just froze and I have no idea what it's going to look like until I create the movie. Is there a way around that?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Do I need to make a mini-tutorial for that and the cookie cutter and video pan/scan thing? Cause if you guys need it, I will.

If you could make a tutorial on cookie cutter and pan/scan thing please do it because i've asked soo many people for that but they're really busy and don't have time to explain it to me...so if you could i'll be very grateful
Just between you and I
For blue, blue skies
I’ll forgive you
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another question... I'm finding it really difficult to follow the beat of the music when I insert transitions. The image in the preview screen just froze and I have no idea what it's going to look like until I create the movie. Is there a way around that?

I don't know if this is exactly what you mean, cyclune, but you don't have to save the whole vid in order to have a look at it. You can select a clip / a few clips only of your vid and save them.
I guess you're using Vegas 6, don't you? Do you see that little yellow triangle thingy above the video track (next to the counter)? I think this whole area is called loop region. Anyway, you just have go to the clip / clips you want to save and then with your mouse you simply have to pull on the loop region. All clips you need will be marked in blue then. Then just go to "render as" and Vegas will save those selected clips only.

I hope you did understand what I mean. It's a bit difficult for me to explain that sort of stuff in English.

Anyway, I always do this when I want to have a look at a certain part of my vid only.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I hope you did understand what I mean. It's a bit difficult for me to explain that sort of stuff in English.

I understood perfectly! make small movies. Good idea. Thanks for taking the time to answer. It's very helpful.

(English is not my native language either )
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lostzilla wrote:
Do I need to make a mini-tutorial for that and the cookie cutter and video pan/scan thing? Cause if you guys need it, I will.

I could use one of those if you really don't mind..

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Maybe Holly could do this? Her use of transitions in "Total eclipse..." was awesome!

Why thanks KajaM! I guess I could try to make a tut sometime but I don't really use that many transitions myself. I've never really been a huge fan of them. Mainly I just overlap clips with each other and then fade them in and out. I do use the odd transition every once and a while but yeah . . . not that often.
Cylune wrote:
Another question... I'm finding it really difficult to follow the beat of the music when I insert transitions.

What I find that really helps me most with matching the transitions with the beats is using the markers. The markers are your best friend for this problem.
I usually go through the song first before I start vidding and I insert the markers anywhere that I need to know where those big beats are. It's pretty simple if you do that. It helped me out tremendously.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good point Holly I never use markers lol It makes sense though I usually just try and feel where a beat should go doh. Great tip Holly. Maybe you should do a beat use tutorial or something? You guys can do some mini tutorials for Vegas if you want then we can merge em all together.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys!
Can anyone tell me how to do a blinking text effect with Vegas? I think Aislynn had it in her last vid, too.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why, as a matter of fact I did... and I'll tell ya how I did it! (This might not be the Official Way but it's what I got to work for me. )

I created the text that I wanted then stretched it on the timeline to give me a nice long piece to work with. Then I used the "s" key to split it in a couple of places, shortened up each piece then spread them apart on the timeline so that it gave that "on/off" effect. I just played around with the length and the spacing until I got it pretty much to look the way I wanted it to.

That was basically how I used to do some "blinking" effects in WMM so I figured it might work in Vegas as well...

Like I said, there might be a better way but that was what I came up with. Hope that helps!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes perfect sense! And it's probably the easiest way, too. Thanks Aislynn!
I will probably still need ages to figure it all out
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urrgghh! Help me!

I've done my first Vegas video... now I want to play it in WMV. So I go to Make Movie and I go through all the steps... and it plays 2 second of the vid in WMV (the last second of the vid) and thats it. How can I play the whole movie in WMV so I can submit it to LVI?!

Please help!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IntoTheVoid wrote:
Urrgghh! Help me!

I've done my first Vegas video... now I want to play it in WMV. So I go to Make Movie and I go through all the steps... and it plays 2 second of the vid in WMV (the last second of the vid) and thats it. How can I play the whole movie in WMV so I can submit it to LVI?!

Please help!
It's probably because you have a loop region inserted in there. It's kind of a yellow triangle and a gray region on top of your tracks. Just widen that region to include your entire vid. There might be an easier way but that's how I figured how to get around it... hope it helps.

Quote:
What I find that really helps me most with matching the transitions with the beats is using the markers. The markers are your best friend for this problem.
Markers are now my best buddies. Thanks so much for the tip!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much cylune! I understand now, and amnow rendering my vid. It says it has 20 hours left so I will probally be on LVI until its done... is it supposed to take so bleedin' long!

"Jack is the guy she should be with.
She does genuinely love him.
And she knows that he would take excellent care of her." - Damon Lindelof
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 4 of 53

Jump to: