Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

January Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: January Contest Information Reply with quote

Brought by popular demand...

Contest Name: Lesser-Known Characters

Contest Deadline: January 31st

The Details
A new year and a new set of contests for LVI! To start off, going with the theme of new years and second chances, we think it’s time for some lesser-known characters to get the spotlight. This month’s challenge is to create the best video focusing on one of the lesser-known characters on the island.

How do you define a lesser-known character? Anyone without a flashback episode of course! This leaves Desmond, Danielle, Rose, Bernard, Walt, Scott, Steve, Ethan, Nathan, Libby, and whoever else, all up for grabs. There are two exceptions to this rule: You may center your video around Ana Lucia or Mr. Eko, but you may not use their flashback footage. It’s only fair. Besides, you didn’t think we were going to make this that easy for you Ana-Lucia fans, did you?

Videos can be in any style, but a thoughtful one which attempts to interpret the character is probably more likely to win than a random action video that could fit any character. A main character can be included if there is a romantic relationship, as long as the main focus of the video is still on the lesser-known character, and no flashbacks are used form the main character.

As always, old videos can be submitted, but we encourage everyone to make a brand new video for the contest.

The Rules:
Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page and all regular submissions rules apply! The following rules apply only for this contest.
• -Running time must not exceed 5:00.
• -Be creative
• -Video must focus on one character who has not had a backstory yet, with the exceptions listed above.
• -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "January 2006 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.
• -Please do not use Megaupload or Yousendit to host your files.
• -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.

Last edited by Hobbes on Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you chose this I'll be entering once I figure out what to do.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a Rose and Bernard vid... I reckon it would be so sweet to see a vid for them
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

W00t! This sounds like fun!

I already did a Desmond vid, so on to my next favorite minor characters--a Rose/Bernard vid it is! Now let's see if I can pull this off...

sig by niki blue
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY sounds great can't wait to see it
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna do an Eko vid Got a song picked out but waiting for his episode to air before I get started.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome Pauly, can't wait
phoenix39
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I've been meaning to remake my Enter Sandman video from just Ethan to Ethan/Danielle/Others/Monster/everything bad. But when I submit, who do I check on the characters? Ensamble?
Devan
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we make a vid about more than one lesser character? Like, for example, a video about all the Tailies? Or a Rose/Bernard vid?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A video about the tailies in general is alsso fine. As for who to mark, I'd just go with Ensemble for now. At some point we'll have some categories for the tailies, but not now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a question, I'm close to finishing my vid, but I'm using clips from season 1 and season 2, and that is gonna cause aspect ratio differences, since season 1 clips are from the DVDs (letter box) and season 2 clips are from a tape (fullscreen). Is that going to be a big problem?? I'm definitely doing my video this way, lol, but I'm just wondering if this will totally screw me up for the contest.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uruviel wrote:
I've got a question, I'm close to finishing my vid, but I'm using clips from season 1 and season 2, and that is gonna cause aspect ratio differences, since season 1 clips are from the DVDs (letter box) and season 2 clips are from a tape (fullscreen). Is that going to be a big problem?? I'm definitely doing my video this way, lol, but I'm just wondering if this will totally screw me up for the contest.

I can't promise what everyone is going to do, as different people take aspect ratio differently. But I for one think that stuff like that shouldn't affect the mark given on a video.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Uruviel wrote:

I can't promise what everyone is going to do, as different people take aspect ratio differently. But I for one think that stuff like that shouldn't affect the mark given on a video.

OK, cool, thanks Warren. Here's my vid:

http://www.theargonath.cc/lost/mv/LVI_january06_uruviel.wmv

The song is HIGHLY edited because of the small amount of vid clips to work with.

I submitted this but last time my submission didn't go through the first time, so could you let me know if you got it??
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its come through I'll let the other guys deal with it cause I am not sure what to do hehe
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Uruviel!
we'd better get some more entries in soon!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: