Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Its Too Late" by Marcus
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: "Its Too Late" by Marcus Reply with quote

"Its Too Late" 07-25-2006
July 2006 contest submission.
Song: Its Too Late by Evermore
Vidder: Marcus
Length: 3:58 (23.4 MB WMV)

Link(s): http://media.putfile.com/Its-Too-Late-31
http://www.zshare.net/video/its-too-late-wmv-0th.html

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the beat use and the song. And thanks for the credit! I have no idea why though lol

As you know I'm usually picky and as you like it I'll continue to be but the audio editing could have been better. It's still a gold in my book just so you know though.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the feeling this vid gave of Kate always running, never able to stop. Great song for her, definitely, and some nice beat use. Though I bet you can bring something even better than this.

But what Paul said still a Gold in my book as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. The audio editing was the part I had most trouble with in this vid...this song's beat would do some weird, fuzzy things whenever I tried to mix it with other audio, so at times I had to stop the song and just have people talking. I'm sure if I had spent more time on it I could've fixed that, but I had to have it in by the end of the month.

Paul, the credit is for getting me the Skate kiss....I needed that clip and if you hadn't have given it to me a few days before the deadline I wouldn't have been able to put that part in, and I thought it showed the whole Brian/Sawyer thing well. And Nate's credit was for getting me the splitscreen for Brian and Sawyer.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the fact that I totally love this song, it's a wonderful vid, too, even with the a bit troublesome audio editing

In this contest, I was especially waiting for a vid that would explain why we need Kate's flashbacks and you did great job here! Actually, this is probably my favourite vid in the contest (although I gotta admit that I haven't seen all submissions yet ).

Awesome beat use! Me hearts this vid!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Karolina. Your vid and the second and third place vids are way better though.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you took on the biggest challenge in this contest by choosing Kate!! I wouldn't have known where to start! And what a great song choice!!! Have you heard it before or you had to hunt it down? In addition to the running part, the song had "a box of memories" lyrics!! Good job matching the lyrics!

And I loved Kate speaking to Wayne at the beginning. Very clever!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an awesome vid marcus!!! The thing that got me the most was the song actually, just because it just worked so fantastically for the video!!! You really kept it moving quickly the whole way through, which made it even better as it suited the idea of kate running forever.....

Really great video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. Cyclune, I knew the song already, and already had it for my Itunes. I had it on shuffle while thinking about a song for a Kate vid and it just came on and I was like "wow...it's perfect!". And btw, I chose Kate for exactly the reason that Karolina and Hobbes told me they hated her flashbacks the most. Dunno why I did that now...

lexirockford
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOh, flashy clips, me dizzy! lol

Very impressive, young man. Yes, you had some technical difficulties, but you didn't give up, and your efforts show. Bravo.

--Cassandra Elise, using her sister's account

Penny: All we need to survive is one person who truly loves us.

Jate Forever!

Avi and banner made by Uruviel
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is just an awesome vid, Marcus!

You got everything working together: the connection with Kate's flashbacks, how she's forever doomed to keep running, and just drove it ahead with that fabulous, fabulous beat use. The beginning with Kate's narration was as perfect as could be, having her explain herself to Sawyer (and/or Wayne ).

And I think you did the best with the audio that you could under those circumstances. Better to cut the song than to have everything such a jumble that you couldn't hear what anybody was saying.

Definitely a keeper! *saves* Fantabulous and super-uber-amazing!
spalonieve
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video is so awesome! I love it. Excellent job.
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks lexirockford, Aislynn and spalonieve. As a lot of the spammers know, not long ago I was having a bit of a "vid depression" , so it's great to have all these nice comments.

mistojen
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mon Frere I just saw this for the first time and it's totally awesome! ...that, you know, is saying a LOT, considering my eternal Kate Hate. Beat use was awesome and I saw you mentioned something about the audio...it wasn't that bad

The funny thing is, we've been really close for a few months and the ONLY vid of yours that I'd seen was Kung Fu Fighting Now I'm gonna have to watch them all--this was AWESOME!

ETA: I'd seen the Lost Bunch, too, but before I knew you, so I had no idea that it was your vid
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mon Amie. The audio wasn't too bad, it was just kinda dodgy in a few parts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: