Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December Contest Information
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:59 am    Post subject: December Contest Information Reply with quote

Sorry for the very late addition, but I was hoping to have this on the main site first, but I can't seem to get ahold of E. In the meantime, enjoy the contest! Should give people somethign to work on for the winter break and I KNOW a lot of you have been itching for this one
Some material here may be subject to change, just a slight warning.

Contest Name: Lost Trailers

Contest Deadline: January 7th

The Details
Rather than a contest to celebrate the holiday season, this month we wanted to end a busy year of vidding with what LVI does best... great videos!
So, inspired by our highest-rated video on the site, and winner of this year's "Best Video" award: "Jack and Kate Movie Trailer" by Lostzilla, which was the first of all the movie trailers to make it to the site, we bring you a true test of vidding. This month's contest... we're making trailers!

The goal is to create a video from Lost footage that advertises the show from a perspective never thought of before, and portrays that idea as if Lost were a movie one would go to see. This can be from an already existing facet of the show, such as one showing the mysteries of the island, or it could be an Alernate Reality video made up by the vidder (also known as "AU"). The video has to sell the viewer, it has to make them want to watch that movie, and most of all: it has to be creative.

Any type of video is welcome here, whether it be horror, comedy, romance, drama, or a completely fabricated Hurley/Danielle coupling, the sky's the limit! The videos will be judged on their creativity, story, originality (for instance, a video copying an existing movie idea may not do as well as a completely original one) sound editing, and how effective the trailer was (did it look like a good movie? Would the viewer want to see it?).
This contst is very general compared to most, so this is your chance to let your creativity soar! We encourage everyone to make a new entry for this contest, but if you must enter a previously-made trailer, then you may do so. However, as Lostzilla has already earned the title of "Best Video of the Year" for his trailer, it is one entry that is out of the running for this contest. Or else, why would we even have a contest?

The Rules:
Contest submissions should be entered through the Submit page and all regular submissions rules apply! The following rules apply only for this contest.

* -Running time must not exceed 2:30.
* -Be creative
* -Video must resemble a professional movie trailer, including opening waiver and credis.
* -When entering your video on the Submit page, you MUST enter "December 2005 contest submission" exactly for your vid's Description.
* -Please do not use Megaupload or Yousendit to host your files.
* -Keep in mind that however you choose to host your video, it must be available for download at least until the end of the month. If we can not access your video at the time of judgment it will not be considered.

Last edited by Hobbes on Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:11 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet.

Although, I think the runtime should be more than 2:30 since that's how long an actual trailer is.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm maybe I will enter.
Have some ideas.

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

or.. you don't and everyone will have a chance at winning.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMAO so true
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
or.. you don't and everyone will have a chance at winning.

The funniest thing about that is he's never actually won a monthly contest

Thanks for the 2:30 thing MG. I didn't know, so I just went with the standard 5:00. Changed now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say opening waiver do you mean the green screen thing that comes on trailers?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
or a completely fabricated Hurley/Danielle coupling

Thanks for putting mine in there. I'm actually thinking of making a trailer for a sequel if I have time.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
When you say opening waiver do you mean the green screen thing that comes on trailers?

Affirmative

And yeah, I thought you might get a kick out of that Marcus I needed a good crazy idea that was actually possible, and Hurlielle popped right into my head.
Zombie Kitty
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I'll have to dig around for one of the waiver things in my downloaded trailers, though there's always that New Line Cinema logo...
I wasn't going to enter but I had a mix and match idea with a couple of James Bond themes to turn Sawyer into the definative 007... not sure how it will turn out though...
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's that green screen for anyone who needs it.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not always green, is it? somehow I don't remember it being so in a number of real ones.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really?? I thought it's always green. Sometimes it's a dark green.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this one on the Scream DVD.

Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I've seen a black one somewhere
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: