Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2.09 - "What Kate Did" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying we CAN'T talk about it, I'm just saying, wow, we really talk about this a lot.

And my personal opinion is that Locke is demented. He's not demented "gonna-kill-everybody." But I think he's definitely got some serious issues with himself and with the island. He's very shifty and I feel like his priorities aren't exactly what they should be. I still don't understand why he didn't tell the others about the hatch and why he went to such lengths, (drugging Boone) to keep him from telling anyone else. And hello, he knocked out poor Sayid in order to prevent them from being saved. That alone is enough to put him on my "well, you're just incredibly stupid!" list. What's worse is that he thinks all of his actions are justified and competely logical when they are SO not. Haha.

And then I am reminded of the Jack vs. Locke debate, which IMO if they are having a rivalry, it's been played out pretty poorly on the show. Again with the lack of definition that Lost is so famous for. Locke thinks everything happens for a reason and Jack doesn't. Whoop-de-doo.

Okay, off to start another thread.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair when Locke knocked Sayid out noone really knew too much about each other. Sayid could have been some weirdo. That was also a long time ago how long are you going to hold a grudge? He knocked Sayid out so he wouldn't broadcast a signal so the others could find them. He may have saved everyones lives along with when they captured Ethan, the other scout. Demented is very unfair. Lenny in the mental hospital is demented spouting rubbish.

Last edited by Polarbear on Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god, you're right. Well in that case, why only Sayid, why didn't Locke knock everyone else out? I mean, he doesn't know them. They could be weirdos! They could have dead bodies in their basements back home!
Rocksiren
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, but it still doesnt explain why he demolished the radio.

"You are just an encyclopedia of weirdness." ~ Supernatural
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he pretty much implied that he hit Sayid (not cause he thought he was weird) because he thought it was in their best interest to NOT get saved? Am I wrong here?
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Paul!
According to Locke, it was in their best interests not to find a distress message that's been runnign, and still is, for 16 years from an unknown power source. Since Danielle later said that "they control it now" (paraphrase) it turns out he's PROBABLY right, or else they'd run right into the Other's camp
But chances are that wasn't Locke's true motive. We'll never know though, at least not until sometime when it is revealed.
I like the demented idea but if he is demented, I think he means to do the right thing. And to be fair, he has had visions containing unknowable knowledge, saw the monster, and a number of other very strange, lucky happenings. "3 weeks ago I wouldn't have believed myself either" (paraphrase) perhaps anyone in that same position would do the same thing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but if he is demented, I think he means to do the right thing.

And this is exactly what I meant by my statement. It reminds me of a quote from Breakfast at Tiffany's. It sums Locke up quite nicely. (Although in a totally different way than it does Holly Golightly.)

Quote:

OJ: Well, is she or isn't she?
Paul: Is she or isn't she what?
OJ: A phony.
Paul: I don't know. I don't think so.
OJ: Well, you're wrong! She is. But on the other hand, you're right. Because she's a real phony. Because she actually believes all this phony junk that she believes!

This doesn't mean he's completely forgivable. In fact, I think he's terribly selfish. Holly Golightly was as selfish as they come and yet people still loved her! But me? I always liked Paul better.
harpreetd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, im not here to add anything to this debate on Locke. I do think his actions are very suspicious if not stupid. But I do believe deep down he's a good guy (Just trying to help).

Anyways I was just here to talk about last weeks episode. I didn't really like it except the last 15 minutes was awesome! I loved the whole Michael, Locke, and Ecko reunioun! And when Michael talks to the computer and finds out its Walt: Truly shocking.

Overall, it is clear. Strange things are about to happen to these islanders.
harpreetd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anybody is listening and knows why the hell we didn't get a new episode on LOST yesterday, that would be great.. Ive been hearing rumors that we won't get a new episode for a month?????!!

PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A LIE!!! LOST MUST CONTINUE EVERY WEEK!!!!

And if your a loyal fan to this great show, I know you can hardly survive a week to watch a new episode. Cause I can't
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it's 5 more weeks, actually but I'm still in shock, so I'm not sure on that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
harpreetd

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 weeks???!!! OMG!!!! That is soooooooo lame. One week is enough torture

The next episode better be fantastic for all of this wait. If you catch my drift...
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Am I the only one who doesn't care that its on hiatus? Because I dont.

I can wait. If you can make through the summer, why complain about this one?

And I understad why they're doing it. I'd rather they did it like this so there will be more episodes next year.

I just hope that for season 3 they dont pull a 24 and wait till January and air them all at once. Which was cool, but... I don't THIS long of wait. 7 months is far too long.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the solution to these prolems would be to just never have a break. 52 episodes a year.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao that'd be good
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I think the solution to these prolems would be to just never have a break. 52 episodes a year.

ooo.... wouldn't we all love that lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: