Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contest Idea... or heaping pile of dung.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JakeNRoland
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Contest Idea... or heaping pile of dung. Reply with quote

I posted this originally on the other video board but it wasn't too well received so it may equally get trashed here, but an idea is an idea.

Basically the idea is a Lost video sans clips from the show. Use stills, drawings, other artwork, puppets, uhhh re-inactments (did I spell that right? eh).

LOL. This idea seems cool to me as an idea, but when I think of what in God's name I would do for it, I haven't a clue.

Anyhow, thought I'd throw it out there. Very interested to hear other's ideas for contests and challenges.

This is a great addition to an already cool site. You guys are doing an awesome job!!

No, I'm Laura's twin. And Hobbes is my Jedi Padawan. The force is strong in that one. You guys rock!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LAURA4LAD
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Contest Idea... or heaping pile of dung. Reply with quote

JakeNRoland wrote:

Basically the idea is a Lost video sans clips from the show. Use stills, drawings, other artwork, puppets, uhhh re-inactments (did I spell that right? eh).

puppets you say. I'm in-l

Jake's Twin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to watch those but would they fit on the site...? Thats a question....
Someone do a Flash movie!! LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-enactment (ML gets catapulted out of the forum by one of Danielle's grammar-police booby traps)

I think this is a good idea. I don't like vids sans video clips but this is an interesting way to show creativity.

My lost music vids
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're talking about Lost Fan Films I am SO FOR THAT. Remember, this is Lost Video Island, not Lost MUSIC Video Island. Any and lost videos will be considered as far as I'm concerned!

Now who will have the balls to actually try one? lol.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so I have noticed that you guys have been doing "holiday-themed" contests. So I am going to request that if you do a "holiday theme" for December you include New Years and not just Christmas/Chanukah/ etc. Okay, that is all.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it'd probably be "winter themed" if we did that anyway. Does that count into the New Years one?

Also, do you personally think that's a good idea, going with that? I'd like some input, as I can't personally think of any way to make a good Lost video to that sort of contest
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think it would be posssible to do a Christmas vid would it?

Completely unrelated-- I hate how stores are now calling Xmas trees "Holiday Trees". That pisses me off. All you idiots offended by christmas why dont you go be offended by someryhing that is bad. Like, hitler.
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was thinking no but it would be a challenge for sure! that's why I was requesting a New Year's theme haha.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to go all religious on you guys but what about the tale of the nativity in lost form? It's certainly doable with Aaron as the baby, Sawyer as the wiseman and Jack as the donkey
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually got a plan for a Christmas vid using "Christmas is all Around" from Love Actually. If I do make it, it'll be a comedy kind of vid probably.

And for December contest, how 'bout Hannukah? Now THAT would be interesting, a whole bunch of contest vids to the Fiddler on The Roof soundtrack.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: