Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Hallelujah" by Hobbes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot about that I thought about it before you even posted that if I can make a kiss from a Jate scene I can make one from any! Nah, that'd be tough, seeing as how neither of them has kissed anyone yet I might be able to get one of Hurley with his arm around her waist, but that'd be it. Also, I'm not wasting 4 hours doing THAT
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmph! One day us Hurliellers will join forces against you!!!...as soon as theres more than just one.

Back to the comments on the vid...

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, desperate times call for desperate measures. I can't believe you haven't heard Rufus's version of Hallelujah. His voice, oh I melt. Too bad he's 100% a man's man, if you know what I mean. Pity.

Love this song and his is the BEST version of it, IMO. Sorry K.D. Lang, you come in a close second. Thank you Leonard Cohen who wrote those gorgeous lyrics.

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3Q45KPBF1YAW70D44WJTFKJ5QJ

"Love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken 'Hallelujah.'" - Leonard Cohen
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait, I DID listen to that one I was goign to use that one all the way through, but then I heard K.D.'s version, and I liked how it was slower, and it didn't include the "Remember when I moved in you" as I REALLY couldn't think of a way to interpret that set of lyrics without having to resort to some big manipulations
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, okay it doesn't have to be a literal interpretation Mind-Gutter-Hobbes!
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think metaphorically hobbes you perv!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be fair to Hobbes (the perv!) the lyrics are, "And remember when I moved in you, the holy dark was moving too and every breath we drew was 'hallelujah.'" So I'm pretty sure we're talking the horizontal mambo here, but still it could be INTERPRETED as metaphorical. Sheesh Hobbes! Quell those hormones!
Harry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG HOBBES!
that was awesome! love the vid! My fav parts had to be the part with Jate playing piano and the Jate kiss... WOW that was just amazing...

BTW - how many versons are there of this song? My fav one is the Rufus one... theres also another one from the OC.... and now this one... how many more?
MoreLight
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes I am always impressed the more I see your vid works. The timing has always been great but the morphing you did in this vid was excellent. Technically I found this to be a 10 and on the artistic standpoint also a 10.

To me there is a certain warm feeling that a vid creates in my chest when I view it and it is a combination of the tune along with the visual imagery. This is yet another one of yours that does this. Incredible work dude!

My lost music vids
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Harry and Morelight too!

And hey! there was more than those lyrics to make it sound drty! before that is "There was a time you let me know what's real and going on below, but now you never show it to me, do ya?" Honestly, how is that NOT an interpretation of that? Sure, metaphor, but how could I POSSIBLY vid that scene in a different way without people hearing it and going "heheh he tiptoed around it"?
further in my defence, K.D. Lang cut it out, as this song was in her album "Hymns of the Road" (or somehting like that) which, since they're hyms, are more wholesome you see!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my god Hobbes. I have NEVER thought that about that particular lyric in that song. You truly do have a dirty mind. I took it to mean "below the surface." Very naughty you!
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
Oh my god Hobbes. I have NEVER thought that about that particular lyric in that song. You truly do have a dirty mind. I took it to mean "below the surface." Very naughty you!

Well in my defence, I looked over every line in the entire video to try and interpret it completely. if you look over the video extrewmely carefully, you may notice that everything has a hidden meaning to the lyrics it fits, even if a little bit TOO hidden at some .
I still stand by that those two lyrics put together WERE intended by Leonard Cohen to be the more... intimaate of the verses But it COULD just be kissing too "when I moved in you"
Are you honestly saying that you never thought that lyric was anything like that?! Doh!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so how could "what's real" have anything to do with YOUR VERSION of "down below?" Hmm???????? (Answer: Nothing, cause I'm a perv.)

*edit, and when I say "I" I mean "Hobbes" because I was impersonating him answering my question. I'm not a perv! (That time I meant me.)
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"and every breath we drew was Hallelujah!"

and FINE "what's real" does not have anythign to do with it. But the rest does indeed!

what's YOUR explanation of "remember when I moved in you" then?" Does Jack use his feeeelings to "move" Kate's heart?
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've described it exactly how I pictured it Hobbes! It's like I said before! Pure genius!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: