Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

November Contest Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not even entering this contest, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but I think it is COMPLETELY unfair to continue to extend the due date every single month. Why even have a due date then?

I can understand if the contest gets posted late and the due date is extended from the beginning, but it is very unfair for those people who worked hard to get their vid in on time (and hey, maybe even made a few sacrifices to do so).

Just my two cents.
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperKC wrote:
I am not even entering this contest, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but I think it is COMPLETELY unfair to continue to extend the due date every single month. Why even have a due date then?

I can understand if the contest gets posted late and the due date is extended from the beginning, but it is very unfair for those people who worked hard to get their vid in on time (and hey, maybe even made a few sacrifices to do so).

Just my two cents.

Thinking about it, you really can't argue with that. She's completely right Unfortunately a successful contest requires more than just a few videos, so whn someone needs a slight extension, we're usually willign to oblige if it means another entry. The deadlines do change somewhat based on when we the judged actually have time to vote too, so that's been the explanation for some extensions in the past.
As far as this one, it doesn't looks like we'll have to wait for anyone, so we won't. the deadline remains on Thursday.

Now as for which entries are listed so far:

Zombie Kitty
Kay
Chicafrom3
D.N.P.
Uruviel
Devan
Alexis and Cassandra
Polarbear

And yes, I fixed that link for you Paul
anyone else need a fixed link or anything? anyone else still not finished in time?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hobbes you da man. I agree with SuperKC I was a little naughty asking for an extension but I made it on time anyway. In the past I have finished on time and then there has been a last minute extension. It's kinda annoying but if you haven't got enough entries its always a good reason to extend it.
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, just watched some of your entries, makes mine seem terrible! I couldn't think of any great ideas at the tme so just went with one of my friends suggestions... In hindsight I should have done a entry to the song of "My Little Island"
Don't think i'll be entering any other contests soon, I think i'll just stick to making Red Dwarf fan videos for a while - I can do them much better it seems.
http://media.putfile.com/Give-Thanks
Well there's the link if anyone wants to see how NOT to do a Lost video!
My other vids are all on vidilife and not Lost related... so don't really apply to this
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, the results should be here tomorrow or so. Sorry for the wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zombie Kitty wrote:
Wow, just watched some of your entries, makes mine seem terrible! I couldn't think of any great ideas at the tme so just went with one of my friends suggestions... In hindsight I should have done a entry to the song of "My Little Island"
Don't think i'll be entering any other contests soon, I think i'll just stick to making Red Dwarf fan videos for a while - I can do them much better it seems.
http://media.putfile.com/Give-Thanks
Well there's the link if anyone wants to see how NOT to do a Lost video!
My other vids are all on vidilife and not Lost related... so don't really apply to this

Red Dwarf fan vids? You got a link for them?
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://Zombie_Kitty.vidiLife.com

theres the link, they aren't that great either though.
The Danny one is about my favourite character - Cat (obviously)
& the other video is like a rough recap of the adventures Cat had with his girlfriend and kid (yep i turned him into a family feline) in my fan fics.
I've done other stuff - I did a trailer for a planned story - After Aftermath, but I can't show that yet because the 7 or 8 people who read my fan fictions would find out a major spoiler.
The only other RD thing is a kind of music video for Lister and Kris to Minus Celcius by Backyard Babies, but that's not finished yet.
Laura is one of my RD friends so if you like Red Dwarf, checking out her videos is a good idea, hers are mostly Rimmery episode recaps from series VII.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Red Dwarf. I've seen all the series although I think it got worse later on with the new Kris Kochanski. I have read all the books aswell they are fab. I'll check it out
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol cool, I'm actually quite pleased - You're the only other Lost and Red Dwarf fan I know, I know someone from Austrailia who I call Ozzy Steph (Steph's also my first name) She likes Red Dwarf and House MD (Love that show a lot but also have to read transcripts and stuff to keep up with the second series) All my other RD friends tend to hurt me whenever the topic of Lost or Sayid comes up.
In the After Aftermath trailer I actually used some Lost Clips - shots of the island to make it seem all tranquil, then it goes all actiony with clips of Danny from Red Dwarf, Blade 2 and that trailer he's in for that indie film - The Tournament. I'll probaly upload that in a few months depending how long it takes to write up the fan fictons that come before it.
acme54
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Lost, Red Dwarf and House!

You guys aint the only smeg heads about! Heh!
CHARLIE - This is the most crap idea ever. It's never gonna work.
~~~~~~~~
BOONE: You been using that wacky paste stuff that made me think my sister got eaten?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Contest Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: