Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Subscribers on YT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Subscribers on YT Reply with quote

I was thinking about this... you can disregard this if you think this is stupid or if it's been posted before.

But i was thinking, we should post a link to our main accounts and one back up account so we can subscribe to one another. Honestly, I have my main one with 22 subscribers and then my back up with only 7 and I would like more and be able to subscribe to all of you too so I can see when there's a new video uploaded.

My back up, (I have been using this one lately)
http://www.youtube.com/user/SamhradhStudio

My main
http://www.youtube.com/user/lostisland42

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea

Here's mine:
http://www.youtube.com/user/jemmalynette?feature=mhee

And my backup:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Jemmz92
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Summer!

Here is mine:

Main Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/tjmack1986

Backup Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/tjmack554
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea! I only have one account: http://www.youtube.com/user/eloramooncp
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really good idea, Summer.

Here's my channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Im1oftheOceanic6

Macaila
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good idea!

Here's my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/elphiyero10

icon by becca
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I subscribed to all of you on my Samhradh name!

Vidstep
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.youtube.com/vidstephero
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been a lot more active on my channel, posting videos from different fandoms, and I just cannot gain subscribers... :\ I gain a couple here and there, but I wish more would subscribe to me so I don't keep thinking my stuff is so bad or something. I mean, I know all of you here keeps telling how you think my videos are great ect, but I wish it would be like that on youtube, too.

I even replied to 3 different people who tried to promote vidders, and out of them, I wasn't in the promotion... not that I actually expected to be picked, but it would have been nice to give those (not just me) who have hardly any sub's and someone who isn't very known and could use the promotion more than others who actually are known in the Youtube World... All of the people who did get a promo, they're all great at what they do and have great videos, but honestly, they all had like 400-900 subscribers already. That's, in my opinion, not hurting for subscribers and aren't known, VS someone who has only 50-90+ subscribers. And out of all the 3, it seems like they picked those who vid about their favorite fandom; EX: The Vampire Diaries or something big like that.

I mean, I get the promoting vidders weren't for subscribers only, but to allow them to become more known because they deserve to have more check out their work.

I'm sorry if I come off bitter or something, but I just feel like those who are less known on YT should be more known regardless who they vid.... not even including me really, I think there are a lot of people who should be more known because those who I have in mind, deserve to shine in this "fandom" too.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm rarely ever on YT. If It wasn't for my Gmail account I wouldn't even know if people commented on my videos or sent me messages. I watch the fanvids here. I watch the occasional comedy vid that is recommended to me by friends and listen to songs at YT to see if I want to make the purchase to download a song.

I've seen how cruel and crude YT users can be from their comments to others and even to me; and YT doesn't really do anything to stop it. So I'd rather just watch my videos here with friends.

You can always promote vids yourself You can post them on a Tumblr or twitter account.

But don't be hard on yourself or others. I don't have that many followers on YT; I think I have 63 subscribers and some of them have their accounts deleted. I rarely get comments on my vids; but the way I look at it, the comments here are the comments I know I can trust; they're going to tell me what I NEED to hear not what WANT to hear. The comments here have forced me to better my vidding; the comments I get on YT I feel are as generic as 'have a nice summer'. Or are harsh because I didn't vid a couple that the person preferred. I'm not going to get bashed here because I had Serena kill Jack or Kate break up with Jack or Kate pick Sawyer over Jack. I'm going to get responses about the video's techniques, story, and editing.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's true Brooke. I like coming here and posting my videos because I know I will get a true reply and not just a "great video" or something like that on YT. I guess, I just miss my old YT account where I actually had people who sub'ed me reply to my videos, like 'em ect.

Whenever I upload a new video, I come to LVI first and share it with all of you before I share it with any other site I'm part of because I consider all of you like family because I can trust a real response VS one that could possibly be rude, like 2 months ago on YT.

Thanks all for letting me "vent" in my last post.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all need to vent sometimes.

That's how I feel about this site too.

Yeah. I used to get attacked all the time for my jate videos when Lost was on.

I either get 'great video' or 'what's the song'. Lmao.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouTube sucks!!! I totally agree with Brooke! Plus I never usually go looking up vids on YT, I prefer to check out the vids here where I know my comments are appreciated. I really hate the whole subscribers thing, like the more subscribers the better you are. I don't agree with that. I much prefer sharing my vids here with friends rather than share it with a load of strangers who only subbed me so that I would sub back etc. I rarely get subbers now, I'm happy when I do but I don't really take notice of them unless they comment on my vids and genuinely enjoy my work.

But perhaps sometime we could arrange a thing where us LVIers can promote each other on YT
Vidstep
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wildcat wrote:
I have been a lot more active on my channel, posting videos from different fandoms, and I just cannot gain subscribers... :\ I gain a couple here and there, but I wish more would subscribe to me so I don't keep thinking my stuff is so bad or something. I mean, I know all of you here keeps telling how you think my videos are great ect, but I wish it would be like that on youtube, too.

I hear you. I'm a big youtube user, I check my inbox pretty much daily, and it is hard to get people to subscribe, or even to watch your videos. I have a thread on several different forums where I post my videos as I make them, I don't get a ton of views from them but it does help some. I also made a facebook page dedicated to my videos.

Another thing that I do is submit my videos as video responses to a popular relevant video. Each video can be a video response to only 1 other video. It is hit-and-miss because some videos require approval before it will show up as a video response and some youtube users either don't check their video response requests or just won't approve it. However, if you can find a popular video that doesn't require approval, it can be a very noticeable way to get views, until it gets bumped off by other video responses. (Youtube only shows the 2 most recent video responses and hides the rest)

For instance with my chipettes video, I searched for "chipettes" on youtube, clicked on the top result and submitted my video as a response. It was accepted a few days later and since then it has become one of my most watched videos, simply because it is currently the most recent video response to Chipettes - Tik Tok which has 45 million views.

Another method I've used is to just post comments on popular relevant videos. Example:

Hey, I just uploaded this (such and such) video. Check it out here: /watch?v=-KRWvna8INo

I've even gone so far as to log in several different youtube accounts to upvote my comment to the top comment so more people see it. (Super lame I know )

As far as subscribers, they will come with views. One thing that I like to do is add a subscribe button (annotation) to the end of my videos. In hopes that someone who would otherwise just move along, might just hit that button.

I probably care about views/subs more than I should, but I just hate uploading videos and getting like 1-3 views a day
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I just subbed you Wildcat! and everyone else in this thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: