Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors" by eloramoon (The

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: "Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors" by eloramoon (The Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors" 06-04-2011
Made this for my mom for Christmas. Series re-cap focusing on Henrys marriages. Contains spoilers--well, its history, but still--for all episodes, all seasons.
Fandom: The Tudors
Song: Ghost of a Rose by Blackmores Night
Vidder: eloramoon
Length: 5:52 (64MB WMV)

Warning: Contains Mature Themes

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgcuu7CUd1g
http://www.mediafire.com/?m8y9xdjccs79dqg

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

Lovely video! I've never seen this show but this made it seem really interesting.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, very cool! I've never seen the show either but this was a very intriguing recap of it. Great song choice, it felt very authentic to the show's setting as well as how he was rather haunted by the ghost of his "roses." I enjoyed watching it a lot! ♥!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

That was AWESOME, Julia!!! I have never watched this show but I was really intrigued by this vid. I loved your editing! And the music was perfect. And I love the border too! I like how you overlayed their portraits over the actors who played them and I really like how you showed Henry being haunted by his wives. Did that really happen in the show? Would have been a cool way to end the series
I also think it's so wrong that I find Henry the 8th hot in this LOL! Anyway, awesome job!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

LOL, Jemma! I know, right? He's so cute but soooo despicable! They really did do that in the series, where he's sort of haunted by his wives, so when I heard this song I thought AHA!!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! (((BIG HUGS)))
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

This is beautiful Julia! Haha, I watched the Tudors because my aunt insisted that King Henry (well, the actor) was the hottest man on earth. LOL! Anne was a bit wicked, but it was horrendous when they chopped her head off! It was interesting. Henry VIII was pretty crazy! Btw, as an interesting fact, in my family background, we have the name Parr (like his last wife). Haha!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:01 am    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thanks, everyone!

Ooo, that's so cool, Sara! There's probably a pretty decent chance there's a connection to Catherine Parr way back in your family history somewhere. So cool! Yeah, it's really amazing how awful he is. I've read about a few other English kings who had just as much "motive" to be rid of their wives and none of them resorted to what he did. Meep.
MariaPurt
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

This was epic indeed. I couldn't stop watching up until the very end!!!
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

Shakespearean checking in to review this belatedly, but you knew that I was one already (and I'm about 75 years later than Henry VIII). I particularly liked the instrumental section with Jane Seymour giving birth/dying and one flash cut in particular in Catherine Howard's section, from Henry to Smeaton (at least IIRC that was who was cast as Smeaton in the show). The frame didn't overpower, and I also liked -- from a historical perspective -- that you got in the scene of Henry and Anne of Cleves gambling, heh.

Catherine Howard was, of course, Henry's 'rose without a thorn,' so the song was thoughtfully chosen if that was intentional! (And I thought her story was the craziest on the show, though Anne Boleyn's was good too -- hard to beat out the two executed wives, though).

If you want to read about an English king doing crazy things, try Richard III for sheer insanity. I'll be teaching that play next semester...
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched this vid personally yet, but Magda has and she loved it! Just thought I might let you know
I'm currently up to 3x03. I'll leave you a comment as soon as I'm finished with the show. (I can't really be afraid of spoilers here since I'm familiar with Henry's history, but I'd like to see it on the show first, you know )
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Ghost of a Rose || The Tudors by eloramoon Reply with quote

Thank you, Kate! I'm so glad you liked it! I've read a little about Richard III (and just finished reading an article about the positive ID of his bones), definitely a "crazy things" king!

Karolina--please tell Magda that I'm so happy she loved it! I'm excited that you're catching up on the show, too. And don't worry--I know what you mean about wanting to wait and see it!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Julia, that was such a perfect vid for Henry and his wives! This beautiful song combined with your editing and your clip choices really pulled me in. I love how you mirrored the other women in his life with every new wife. I especially liked the part with Catherine of Aragon vs. Anne Boleyn and when Henry thought about Catherine, Anne & Jane while watching the "other" Catherine dance.
I had goosebumps all over during the final scene with the leaves raining down on a younger Henry.

Such a masterpiece, Julia! So gripping and haunting!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: