Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x02 - "Adrift" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones inside and on all of the food. You posted a screencap of it yourself above the shark
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! E's finally here!
That symbol was a number of places, including on Desmond's jacket, the box, the candy, above a room, etc etc. The one on the shark, to me at least, kinda looks like what that symbol would look like if it was 3D and spun around. The name on it wouldn't be there, neither would the decoration, just the black from the holes in the grate and the bar through the middle that gives it structure... That's to me at least.

What's more is why the damn thing is on the shark branding? Vaccination mark? Robot?

And people have looked but they're not sure if it's on the polar bear or not heheh...

I would TOTALLY stop for the candy bars.. I mean, come one, it's one crazy guy wth a gun you can escape him easilly!

Quote:
So I would say as: As soon as the show airs it is fair game to discuss without spoiler warnings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lostcalier
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
I would TOTALLY stop for the candy bars.. I mean, come one, it's one crazy guy wth a gun you can escape him easilly!

Yeah Kate has got out of worse situations before so I think she earned the candy after managing to get untied. I loved it when she stuffed her pockets full of candy. Overall it was just a great little moment. I think if I were her though I'd have looked around just a bit and determined that the guys could handle themselves for a little bit. I mean seriously they've been stranded on an island for 40+ days I so would have done what Kate did.

LVI Revolutionizing Fan Video Making!
www.lostvideo.net
Enchirito
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robot sharks.. cool!

now can anyone confirm if the shark had a frickin' laser attached to its head?
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchirito wrote:
robot sharks.. cool!

now can anyone confirm if the shark had a frickin' laser attached to its head?

I just snorted my MelloYello! Thanks!!!

And for the "Dharma" thing, does that mean that the island monster is Jenna Elfman?

(My attempt at funny, you may stop throwing tomatoes at me, I'm leaving the stage.)
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first comment to this episode:

I HATE SHARKS
I really do
I even freaked out while playing WindWaker

I lovd it, when Kate took the candybars, because that remmbered me, that they don't even have this 'normal' things ^^

Quote:
And did anyone else notice flashback!Michael gave baby!Walt a plush POLAR BEAR?!

yeah XD when he pulled out the push I was like " OMG a poar bear!"

to the charlie thing:
I agree with the fact that he gotboring
most girls here just watch lost becaue of charlie, and he' sgetting lamer and lamer. He's a loser and it's not getting better.
don't get me wrong!! I likeCharlie honestly, and also Pb&J but the really need to make more with this character.
I hop ehe'S not doing that drug thing again, that's even more boring, because he has to fight AGAIN, he same way, and finally there should be a PB&J thing. I donlike like their HHH (hardcore Hand Holding)
I had such realtionships when I was 11

I don't like Michael, and I found his story lame, again, sorry
His character is really well done, but I don't like this kind of persons, who think they're good parents just because they made a child and don't take any advice, I can understand his behavior, but I don't like it.
the Polar bear thing was good anyway

I loved awyer when he pulled michael out, because he's always shown as a heartless person, but he really worried about michael and Jin

Quote:
What can I say, I like my TV men tortured and broken and full of angst! When they're all normal and happy I get bored with them. I have a normal and happy boyfriend in real life (who I adore, don't get me wrong!), so when I'm watching TV, I want to see something completely opposite!

hehe I'm sure you torture your boyfriend while he's sleeping so that you can pretend you're a nice GF XDDDD

I didn't check this number recount thing!
why do he has to do that Oo?

the logo on the shark, and the Dharam, I gues it's from the same.. erm Oo factory?
I agree with LC's idea of 'everything with a different anymale' and since the shark is an animal, they don't have to print a shark inside it.
it's wouldn't belost, if there where almost the same logos for two different things, that have nothing to do with each other
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you are little symbol!
http://www.windwatrcanada.com/bagua.JPG

It's called the Ba Gua. Used for Feng Shui. Who wants to look over every indoor scene in lost and check if it's Feng Shui'ed?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go on ahead Warren... no really, be my guest
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
Quote:
"What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"

Apparently, it's an old joke, the punchline of which is supposed to be "Do you smell carrots?", but darned if I ever heard it before... Confused

Ahhh I see. The response "I smell carrots" is probably somehting along the lines of "I smell a liar" kinda roundabout way to go about it though.

I thought that it referenced the fact that "traditional" snowmen/women/people have carrots for noses. So they would probably smell... carrots with them, quite strongly. Just my interpretation, of course...

BA5763 wrote:
First off, Hey Aislynn, you got a bandaid *giggle giggle snort snort*

I swear, at that point I was yelling, "Bandaid, nothing! I'll do first aid on you, Sawyer, and you look like you could use some mouth-to-mouth!!!"

Did I just admit that out-loud?

BA5763 wrote:
I'm not a hater! I'm just disappointed in my little hobbit, that's all. Which makes me all the more interested is seeing more SSS, huh Aislynn! (cuz I know she'll agree with me

Yessiree, bring on the SSS!!! Woo-hoo! Hey, BA! It's good to see ya here again!

And I loved it when Kate not only delayed her escape to eat that candy bar, but that she swiped several more on her way out! You go, girl!

I had several terrible moments of worrying that that shark had Southern Fried Sawyer on the menu! "Swim faster, Sawyer! SWIM FASTER!!!"

And was that a typical TV moment or what? Here comes Jin running at Sawyer and Michael, his hands tied behind his back, clearly yelling a warning of some kind at them. He falls and do they quickly yank him up and start running? No, they keep trying to figure out what he's saying to them!

Michael: "I think he's saying that he's glad to see us!"

Sawyer: "Yeah, he's so glad to see us that he tied his hands behind his back and came running like somebody's chasing him!"

Michael: "Wow, wasn't that nice of him?"

Jin: (thinking) "These guys are IDIOTS!!!"

Overall, I was just tickled to see my sweet Southern boy alive and well (even with a bullet hole punched in him... )! Also liked seeing the "alternate" angles on the scenes, such as Kate's expression when that music started as she was crawling through the ventilation shaft, then seeing how she nearly got her head blown off when Desmond took that "warning shot" at her without knowing it!

And just in case this is spoilerish (I'm assuming I'm late enough for this ep that nothing is a spoiler anymore -- my feeling is that once the ep airs, if somebody hasn't seen it yet and doesn't want to be spoiled, then they shouldn't come into a clearly marked discussion about that ep. That's my two cents, anyway! )

Spoiler, kinda maybe:

Ah-ha, I KNEW Sawyer was gonna meet Ana-Lucia first!

~Aislynn
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hobbes wrote:
Quote:
"What did one snowman say to the other snowman?"

Apparently, it's an old joke, the punchline of which is supposed to be "Do you smell carrots?", but darned if I ever heard it before... Confused

Ahhh I see. The response "I smell carrots" is probably somehting along the lines of "I smell a liar" kinda roundabout way to go about it though.

I thought that it referenced the fact that "traditional" snowmen/women/people have carrots for noses. So they would probably smell... carrots with them, quite strongly. Just my interpretation, of course...

You're living in the past Ais', stop living in the past!

And yes, snowmen have carrott noses, that is a very implied factor . It's also pretty-much implied that the punchline of that joke would be "I smell carrotts" because it's pretty lame and everything
*snotty British accent* Now, if my linguistic skills serve me properly, "carrotts" is slang for flatulence, which can also probably be stretched to nastiness or lying */snotty british accent* So, a translation of Desmond's saying would go like this:

"What did one snowman say to the other snowman?" "I smell a liar"
He was poking at Locke, because he suspected that he was lying, so he gave him a trich question that if he was the real "him" would probably be able to see through and give the correct response.

PWNED
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait what did Locke say back again?

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhh... he said ÈI have no idea what youère talking aboutÈ which obviously wasnèt the right thing to say then again, he probably couldnèt understand a word of what Desmond said since half of US couldnèt hear it and we have rewind on our DVRs!
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rewound it literally like 10 times. lol. Then i was like screw it. There will be someone on LVI that knows what he said.

Banner: Shinythings
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
uhh... he said ÈI have no idea what youère talking aboutÈ which obviously wasnèt the right thing to say then again, he probably couldnèt understand a word of what Desmond said since half of US couldnèt hear it and we have rewind on our DVRs!

and now I see that my computer has gone french! BAH!!!!!
Ally
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
There you are little symbol!
http://www.windwatrcanada.com/bagua.JPG

It's called the Ba Gua. Used for Feng Shui. Who wants to look over every indoor scene in lost and check if it's Feng Shui'ed?

hmm so on Lost they will carry thair beds into their emotional corners
and try not to sleep between two doors XD because of the energie running from one door to the other?

or better
they let their sharks swim in their emotional corners and try to not sleep between 2 guns?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: