Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2x02 - "Adrift" Episode Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But but that doesn't make any sense whatsoever! Putting this discussion in spoiler text is even worse to those who don't wan to be spoiled

Let me explain: There are three types of 'spoilers':

1. Information about the episode that just aired that MAY not have already been seen by others
2. Previews from next episode.
3. Information about FUTURE episodes which haven't aired yet and haven't been seen by everyone.

Now, you see, if someone is to mark all three of those in spoiler tags, then a problem arises: What if someone has already seen this episode, but wants to discuss the preview or a spoile about a future episode? what then? well there's no longer a spoiler tag they can use, so no warning can be given. Sure, you could say "well they shouldn't be mentioning those spoilers at all" but some things are hard to explain without them!

So yeah, you could go spoiler text the entire thing if you want, but it's realyl just making it worse, because it means that anyone who reads this thread will definitely end up reading that text, whether they wanted to be spoiled about the next episode or not For example, this text you wrote:

Quote:
Anyway, I rewatched the preview and after seeing the preview pics I think we were mislead. To me it's looking like Anna-Lucia is in the same position as the guys so they have to work together. Considering how Locke acted with Kate tonight during the Desmond stand-off I think it's safe to say nothing is ever as it seems. So either she's with them and the preview pics are part of a plan or she's against them and the trailer for next week is wrong. Either way we're going to have to wait to next week. And I may be the only person really looking forward to the formal introduction to Anna-Lucia. I can't wait till they really flesh her character out and we can find out how she fits into everything.

Luckilly I watched the previews for next episode already, but if I hadn't then this would have been a spoiler I couldn't have avoided, because I thought it was just you talking about this episode

So in conclusion, I know you meant well, you ALWAYS mean far too well to be humanly possible , but the method just doesn't help!

So anyway, did I mention this is the silliest thing I've ever done? Arguing about proper display of spoilers...? you know you've hit rock bottom when... I'm so ashamed and why is it always me who argues with everything...?

Another week, another episode. Discuss the episode here, but keep in mind that some people have not seen it yet. Remember, this is a spoiler-free zone, so any talk about any part of the show that has not aired yet (and that includes new episode previews) should be in white or yellow text (spoiler text). If oyu haven't seen the episode yet, and you know it has already aired, then please stay out of this topic until you have! This is your final warning!

First aired: 9/28/2005
Writer: Leonard Dick, Steven Maeda
Director: Stephen Williams
Guest star:
With the abduction of Walt fresh on their minds and their raft destroyed, Michael, Sawyer and Jin fight for their lives in the middle of nowhere in the ocean and discover a new predator in the roiling sea. Meanwhile on land, Locke must descend into the hatch when one castaway goes missing inside. Jolene Blalock ("Enterprise") guest stars.

There?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warning: talk about this episode follows:

You've just got to love how Locke puts the press on Kate in front of Desmond and how they could possibly reason that Locke, who claims he's harmless, looks less intimidating than a little girl who is claimed by her friend to be a fugitive Really, that just doesn't seem right at all
Also "Fu-Gi-Tive" did anyone else giggle at the pronounciation? Even a little?

Charlie is such an ass about his heroine... and pretty much everything in the last two episodes in fact.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BA5763
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SPOILER FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN IT YET:

First off, Hey Aislynn, you got a bandaid *giggle giggle snort snort*

Again with the thing with Charlie... He's junkie, he wants his smack, he's saving it for when everyone freaks out *again* he can run to the corner and pretend everything is okay. Yep, poor dude, but I had to give up on him.

Two plot points: I wonder if the candy bars will come into play somehow, considering "everything is there for a reason", Purple Wrapper, Apollo, kinda looked like a Wonka Bar...
And did anyone else notice flashback!Michael gave baby!Walt a plush POLAR BEAR?!

Quote of the week: LOCKE: *nonchalantly* That would be Jack.
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charlie sucks.

For the first epsiodes he was interesting cause of the junkiness then gave it up didn't do much, sat around with Claire, got boring, got killed by Ethan, got interesting for two minutes, then found faith with Rose and was completely lame and boring up til last week.

Then, last week, he became an ass.

Signs petition for Charlie getting killed
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the term is 'twerp' Yeah Charlie has become a lil mouthy recently. Sorry pb and j fans but I wouldn't mind either of them getting the chop.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn all you Charlie haters! LOL
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a hater! I'm just disappointed in my little hobbit, that's all. Which makes me all the more interested is seeing more SSS, huh Aislynn! (cuz I know she'll agree with me
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
Damn all you Charlie haters! LOL

*stands next to Holly*

YEAH!

Banner: Shinythings
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eietto
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone is entitled to their opinion
ebizmybef74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE.

Ivy
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am just sad about not seeing Charlie much on the last two episodes I still like him, and I really don't think he is mouthy *protest* ^^

So it was a great epsiode showing us much things we already know *lol*
Yeah it was a great episode, but somehow I think the next episode will be much better.

And just saw the Sharklogo pic, WOW dind't noticed that.

And how could they just stop two episodes wich such an open ending?? I want to see how Desmond reacts on Jack???

And one question, do you think, that Jack is 'him' ?

An now to the preview, do I have to write this in white now?

These people with their self made blackjacks, are the others, aren't they? This big guy was very scary. But somehow they seem familiar, a blond chick, some Sawyer double in the back and this big black guy...

i am excited to see when Ana and Jack will meet again.

And btw wasn't it sweet how Jin pronounced 'others' (Oh i love this asiatic accent) ^^

And can somebody tell me what Lock screamed in the promo? i just cand figure it out ^^

Our Last Days -The official Casshern Web Site
Ringwench
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was a little annoyed at the hatch portion of the episode. It felt like we waited a whole week, watched a whole episode and wound up at EXACTLY THE SAME POINT last week's ep ended!

Was I the only one saying "WTF?" at that?

The Michael backstory was a snorefest at best.

The highlights of the episode for me were the Sawyer and Michael scenes on the raft (or what's left of it). They were so amusing! "OK, fine, I'll just stop BLEEDING!" HEE HEE!

And even though the hatch story didn't really move FORWARD at all, I'm absolutely LOVING Desmond and can't wait to find out more about him. The mixture of a scottish accent with sheer batshit craziness makes him very compelling

Oh well, the end of the episode leaves me hopefull that next week's ep will KICK ASS!

Geekdom abounds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was saying to E yesterday: at least they finished one day before the season ended! I mean, in this one day there were four episodes Exodus 2 and 3, Science/Faith, and finally Adrift

Not all that much happened in this episode, but there's a lot more to think about now all those things in the hatch... and the shark thing... and yweah Plus, those raft scenes and stuff were good.... Heheh Sawyer and his bandaids
Quote:

And one question, do you think, that Jack is 'him' ?

What the hell was that question Desmond asked Locke anyway? I couldn't hear it at all, even slowed down

Quote:

Two plot points: I wonder if the candy bars will come into play somehow, considering "everything is there for a reason", Purple Wrapper, Apollo, kinda looked like a Wonka Bar...
And did anyone else notice flashback!Michael gave baby!Walt a plush POLAR BEAR?!

I can almost imagine them being like... currency That, or that wird symbol that's on all the food in the place is also on them and it means something bad, like the food is infected or something....

Quote:

I'm comign to expect these sorts of things but it still doesn't do anything more than hint, and I need more than that!

Quote:

Signs petition for Charlie getting killed

The PB&Js still love him for what he could be, and that's fine, but you've gotta just leave it at that they need ONE cutesy relationship that is free of angst and is perfect, even if it's not really like that. Though since Charlie and Claire just had their first kiss on the cheek in the last episode of last season, there ain't much to go on there either , I think even the Skaters are beating them now Shayid is winning I think...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: