Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The River
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: The River Reply with quote

Anyone watching this? I just watched the pilot episodes last night and really liked them! I'll watch the newer ep later today!

I think it's a really cool concept for a show. I love that style of horror movie and I think it's a great idea to do it as a TV show! I also like that they're just having like 8 episodes this season - while it's a great concept, it'd probably be easy to run out of ideas quickly, so I'm glad the season's going to be short!

What do you guys think?

art by me&tammy
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm watching it. The concept is really cool but they seem to be relying too much on creepy scares, rather than slowly building up a mystery story and focusing on characters. There's nothing out there like it at the moment, so gonna keep watching for now..
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think with the pilot they were trying to grab everyone with the scares, and then this latest ep they gave us a little bit of backstory on A.J., and Clark and Tess. I'm excited to see where they go with it!

Considering it's by Oren Peli, I'm not too surprised they're focusing on scares rather than character for now. I'm just hoping we get to know them all a little better! I'm kind of fascinated by Kurt, and I really like A.J. and Jahel for some reason.

art by me&tammy
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it on the DVR and will check it out this weekend. I'm glad you liked it!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's really cool! Hope you like it, Julia!

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the first 3 eps! Its a really cool show! JEEZ how effing creepy were those dolls??!!! Oren Peli is good with scares, well at least my type of scares Not gore, just freaky what you can't see stuff

I was a little annoyed with Jahel, altho not of her own fault, i just find it frustrating that they pick and choose what to translate when she speaks :S I do like how fast the story goes, tho, they dont dwell on things and spend ages yakking on about what they have to do, they just do it.

Lena annoys me, generally female leads like that do but i like Lincoln (he kinda reminds me of Sawyer's slightly nerdier son/brother) and Clark, and Tess, its good to see a mum go out and kick some ass for once, plus Leslie Hope gets automatic 24 cred And i like Kurt, resident badboy

Plus, the jungle and caves they're running through give me that nostalgic Lost feeling, so that's a plus

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I like about him, he doesn't throw in a lot of shocks and gore. It's mostly stuff you can't see so when there IS a shock, it's even scarier.

Lincoln bugs me a little bit though to be honest it might've been the AWFUL hairstyle he had in the first two episodes. I'm glad Lena cut it! He looks much better now! XD I think he'll grow on me.

I like Kurt but I also don't....I don't quite know what to make of him yet.

It does bother me that Jahel can't or won't speak English. I feel like most people on the show can understand her, but there are still people who can't, which is just frustrating because Jahel usually has a pretty good idea of what's going on so they should listen to her!

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slightly bothersome ep, IMO! Again im annoyed that they won't translate everything Jahel says until they feel like it :S Its a little irritating that they dont translate what she says right away, because you know eventually it will be translated and then be important later in the episode.

And are her cards prophetic? if they are, surely they should listen to her every week when they have a problem they can't solve.

The scares are good, although I thought everyone accepted the raining dead birds a little too quickly. I had no idea storms could do that! But the locusts or whatever they were were so gross; that poor guy on the boat got eaten alive! And the random noose appearing Happy to see some Oren tactics in there, stuff appearing, lights going out, people being dragged away

With a haircut and a shave, Jonas could be hot. Insanely creepy what happened to him.

If their problem is magic and The Source, get a hold of the Charmed Ones, they defeated him twice!

Next weeks looks quite awesome, tho
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msskI08Mtb8

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, everybody needs to listen to Jahel more. Like Clark said - "When that girl gets scared, I listen!" I really want to know why she knows so much more than everybody. She seems to even know more than her father!

Yeah, this ep had a very Paranormal Activity vibe to it, I liked it.

I'm so excited for next week. The promo alone freaked me out!

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good ep this week, i wasn't as freaked out as I wanted to be but that might I have been 'cos I had the ep on in half the screen and was making icons in the other.

Good to get some Lena stuff, although that's massively sucky about her Dad If I'm not mistaken that's Chris Meloni's loverboy from OZ who played her dad

I lovvvee the warpy ghost faces, an Oren must-have, but, yeah I wanted more ACHHHHHH!!! moments

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started sobbing when she had to leave her Dad behind!! That was so sad and she played the scene well! I really like the show so far but I'm worried about how far they can actually go with it. I mean, they have to find Emmet at some point and then what?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, IKR? And they do eventually find Emmett judging by all the promos. Maybe once they find him the trick is getting back out of the Amazon?

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close to giving up on the show.. don't think it's really my thing. Not a huge fan of Paranormal Activity and it's basically that but a tv show. I was hoping it would be more along the lines of Lost.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the latest episode! The ending made me cry, I'm glad we got some more stuff about Lena because it made me like her more. I also liked that Jahel and Lincoln had like a normal conversation without her being all freaked out over something.

Yeah, I expected this ep to be a little scarier than it was, but honestly this show has never scared me THAT much. I think I'm a little desensitized.

art by me&tammy
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KATIE KATIE KATIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Paranormal Activity Fangirl moment*

I dunno if its cos it reminds me of Lost or Jurassic Park or what, but I much prefer when they're OFF the boat and wandering around in the forest; there's creepy shit in there!

I was so freaked Emmett was going to eat the dog

Im really liking Clark; he's cute!

I love that the outpost place was deserted and ransacked I hope they stay out there for awhile

Next week looks good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkqqOcl5SsQ

And Katie's back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: