Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terra Nova
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad that Netflix passed on Terra Nova. I was really hoping they'd pick it up.

This was such a good show, too bad it's canceled while shows that should have ended seasons ago continue to be renewed.

Macaila
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Terra Nova and most likely Alcatraz and Fringe cancelled on Fox.. are networks gonna move away from sci-fi? That would make me very sad. My favourite shows are all on cable channels right now.

Awake is a pretty cool show over on NBC but I bet they will cancel that too.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alcatraz and Fringe will be cancelled? I'm not surprised about Alcatraz, tbh, but I am about Fringe. I thought it was really successful?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has really low ratings, less than the other shows mentioned, although there are some factors in its favor like dvd sales and dvr. I was surprised that they renewed it last season to be honest.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fringe is really successful in DVR/DVD sales, that's why it got a season 4 cos it had the highest DVR/DVD sales., and I think it'll get a season 5 because JJ, Anna and John have all said five is a good season to end it, so I would like to think they'd give them another season to finish things how they want. Even though that so did not work with Lost :S

I hope with all these shows being canned AMC gets a huge spike in the ratings and people see how awesome they are.

If all these sci-fi shows get cancelled what the hell are we supposed to watch? Family drama and relationship crap? I get enough of that in my current ABC shows!

Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Fringe does get cancelled, maybe it is actually a show that netflix will consider to pick up because a lot of its fans are on the internet.

Walking Dead's ratings are through the roof. Other AMC shows are getting really good ratings too. Top cable shows are on a par with most network shows now in terms of ratings which is pretty amazing because they get income from subscribers too.

I really hope they don't shut out sci fi shows or make them too wishy washy so they appeal to no one. Less family and relationship crap I agree also
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sci-fi is awesome, I'm so annoyed that awesome and unique shows like Terra Nova get cancelled while a lot of the other crap that should have ended AGES ago are still being renewed and remade to death.
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the better late than never category... I've started watching Terra Nova after having meant to for the longest time. Hulu only has ep 7 to the finale but I know the basic premise and checked out Wiki so I wouldn't be totally lost. I blew through ep 7 and am already into 8 (it's buffering in right now ). It's very cool and I'm sorry that I didn't get into it before now.

And Jemma totally has me shipping Lucas/Skye even though I haven't yet seen them together, lol!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY welcome to the fandom Ais!! I'm SO glad you're enjoying it! Now you can join us all while we hope and pray for some network to pick up S2 :S:S Definitely not looking good though, especially now =P

Hope you enjoy the finale, it was definitely my favourite, and enjoy all the Lucas/Skye-ness
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
With Terra Nova and most likely Alcatraz and Fringe cancelled on Fox.. are networks gonna move away from sci-fi? That would make me very sad. My favourite shows are all on cable channels right now.

Awake is a pretty cool show over on NBC but I bet they will cancel that too.

I know Grimm got a second season...which is considered Fantasy/SCI Fi.

littleton_pace wrote:
Fringe is really successful in DVR/DVD sales, that's why it got a season 4 cos it had the highest DVR/DVD sales., and I think it'll get a season 5 because JJ, Anna and John have all said five is a good season to end it, so I would like to think they'd give them another season to finish things how they want. Even though that so did not work with Lost :S

I hope with all these shows being canned AMC gets a huge spike in the ratings and people see how awesome they are.

If all these sci-fi shows get cancelled what the hell are we supposed to watch? Family drama and relationship crap? I get enough of that in my current ABC shows!

I think Lost would have worked better had JJ not left or had more say in what went on. I think Damon and Carlton got a huge chip on their shoulder with the fans who wanted the questions answers and they let that get in the way of giving us a great finale season.

I think AMC has some of the best shows on TV. I also like USA shows for character driven dramedy shows.
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alot of the networks seem to be afraid to take a chance on an original show idea.I think that's why we see so few new sci-fi shows. They just want to remake 'new' versions of their existing shows.

It seems like about half the time when they do create a sci-fi show it falls into old themes and cliches.Flash-Forward is kind of an example of that. Great show, but they tried to make it too mainstream and less sci-fi and it took away from the story.I feel like shows like Lost helped break the mold and show what sci-fi could be.If Terra Nova had been given the chance, it could have been another ground-breaking show.

Macaila
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fans are talking about a petition for a Terra Nova movie. I think this is a great idea. It would tie everything up nicely, I'd be happy with a movie. But then again, I was hoping for a Heroes movie and never got it so

Here's the petition:

http://www.saveterranova.net/petition/terra-nova-movie-petition/

Sign sign sign!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished the finale and ZOMG, it was awesome! Soooo much edge-of-your-seat goodness!

Jemma, the Lucas/Skye-ness did NOT disappoint at all, I loved it! Holy moly, does Ashley Zukerman have some beautiful eyes or what???

I loved the teaser-y stuff at the end, too! Man, they have so many directions they could've taken a second season! I hope they can at least get a movie, that would be better than nothing! *fingers crossed* ♥♥♥!!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg Ais, welcome to my obsession LOL. Yeah Ashley Zukerman has such gorgeous green eyes!!! And I knew you'd love Skye/Lucas (we came up with the ship name 'Lucket' btw ) So excited you enjoyed the show!!

Fingers crossed so much for a movie at least!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Terra Nova Day!

Please Tweet, blog and post on facebook about Terra Nova

www.saveterranova.net
www.facebook.com/saveterranova
www.twitter.com/saveterra

Petitions:
Save Terra Nova
MOVIE petition
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: