Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Game of Thrones (books & TV show)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
It does seem like they are humanising Cersei more on the show.. the scene between her and Robert in the first season, where they talk about whether there ever was a time where they truly loved each other was really cool and not in the books at all. It will be interesting to see which way they go with her. I'm pretty sure it was Cersei's call to kill all the bastards in the book, yet in the show it's Joffrey's.

Yes, it was Cersei's call in the books. In the second book, at least as far as I've gotten yet, she's still a total b****, so I was really surprised about that scene with her and Tyrion in the last episode where she appeared to be a lot more human than in the books.

Quote:
The way they have rushed the Dragonstone stuff with Stannis has bugged me.. we needed more time with Cressen to feel sorry for him when he died and more background with Davos and Stannis.

Yeah, I agree. The Dragonstone storyline is (so far) one of the best storylines of the second book. They keep mixing it up though on the show and skipping a lot of scenes. We haven't even seen Stannis's wife yet on the show, have we?

Quote:
I forgot to mention.. how awesome was Jon's direwolf, Ghost? The last episode with Robb's was pretty good but the CGI seemed outstanding this time round. The dragons look amazing too. Most films nowadays I have to roll my eyes at the CGI but they are doing an excellent job, for the most part on the show.

I totally agree.
As much as I loved and enjoyed Terra Nova, the dinosaurs looked pretty bad! I'm glad that the Direwolfs look so good, real and convincing.

I haven't gotten very far with Theon's POV in the books yet, but on the show, I really don't like him. He's a total prick. I wonder if that'll change soon.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 3 has been officially picked up They are also going to split book three into two seasons as was rumoured.

There is some awesome stuff in book 2 Karolina. I really want to spill about stuff but can't because of spoilers >< It's gonna be a great ride whether you are reading the book or watching the series.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm REALLY surprised about how they're speeding through the second book. I was at page 350 last night and this is just where the story of Jon Snow and the wildling's "harem" begins I was already wondering where this story was coming from in episode 1 and 2 because there was no word in the books thus far

Anyway, I love Tyrion more and more. I laughed so much at the little trick he played on Pycelle, Varys and Littlefinger, in order to find out whom he shouldn't trust. I already liked this part in the book, but it was even better on the show because they solved it in a very clever visual way by putting them all in the same room and chair and showing all three conversations in a row. It was a really excellent scene!

It was really awful to watch poor little Lommy die in such a horrible way though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you're getting caught up Karolina. I've almost finished book 4 but won't have much more left to read soon

Mild spoiler:

Spoiler:

From what I've heard they are going to flesh out Robb's story even though he's not in book 2 much. It's so great that they can focus on characters that simply can't be focused on in the books, because of the limited point of view structure to the chapters.

Nice to see another doggy POV at the beginning, with Summer following Hodor to see Bran. I hope they do more of them. Direwolf CGI looked really spot on again.

KajaM wrote:
Anyway, I love Tyrion more and more. I laughed so much at the little trick he played on Pycelle, Varys and Littlefinger, in order to find out whom he shouldn't trust. I already liked this part in the book, but it was even better on the show because they solved it in a very clever visual way by putting them all in the same room and chair and showing all three conversations in a row. It was a really excellent scene!

That scene was so perfect! Loved it so much. It's really interesting Tyrion's position in book 2, where he's wants to follow his own moral compass and eek out some of the slimy people responsible for Ned Stark and Jon Arryn's death, yet he is also serving the realm and making sure that no harm comes to the Lannisters or to Kings Landing, who we see as the enemies at this point.

Bronn=awesome even though he's only been in a few scenes so far. It's so great that he got made Commander because that doesn't happen in the books.

I really enjoyed Theon's baptism scene and the scene of him sitting alone, burning the letter he was going to send to Robb. It was all very ominous and really well done.

RIP Yoren What a way to go out though.

No Dany but I'm okay with that because nothing much is going on with her and we got to see Renly's group including Brienne (yay!) and Margarey (phwoar ;P)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Spoiler:

From what I've heard they are going to flesh out Robb's story even though he's not in book 2 much. It's so great that they can focus on characters that simply can't be focused on in the books, because of the limited point of view structure to the chapters.

I like that, too. Otherwise, we wouldn't get to see a lot of characters like Varys, Littlefinger, Renly or Stannis as well on the show.

Quote:
Nice to see another doggy POV at the beginning, with Summer following Hodor to see Bran. I hope they do more of them. Direwolf CGI looked really spot on again.

That was really fantastic. The wolf looked SO real when it jumped onto Bran's bed!

Quote:
That scene was so perfect! Loved it so much. It's really interesting Tyrion's position in book 2, where he's wants to follow his own moral compass and eek out some of the slimy people responsible for Ned Stark and Jon Arryn's death, yet he is also serving the realm and making sure that no harm comes to the Lannisters or to Kings Landing, who we see as the enemies at this point.

I agree.
He's trying to be a good and just "leader" (because - let's face it - the Hands have been doing a lot more leading & ruling so far than Robert or Joffrey), just like Ned Stark was. He's not as naive and credulous as Ned was though. He's well aware of his enemies and that's what makes him such an interesting character.

Quote:
Bronn=awesome even though he's only been in a few scenes so far. It's so great that he got made Commander because that doesn't happen in the books.

Bronn is a great character.
He sometimes reminds me of Jorah a bit, but he's more edgy and hard-bitten than Jorah, I think.

Quote:
RIP Yoren What a way to go out though.

Yeah! It reminded me a lot of the way Boromir died on the first of the Lord of the Rings movies.

Quote:
No Dany but I'm okay with that because nothing much is going on with her and we got to see Renly's group including Brienne (yay!) and Margarey (phwoar ;P)

Brienne kinda gave me the creeps, but she's been perfectly cast. And Margarey is quite a beauty! She looks a bit like Maggie from the Walking Dead.
I chuckled at the "sex scene" with her and Renly though.
Is Renly gay in the books, too? There haven't been any hints at this so far, apart from Renly giving more attention to Loras than his bride after the tourney (the .one that was also in the last ep).
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's only hints about Renly and Loras having sex in the books. It's the same with Stannis and Melisandre. In the books Renly's Kingsguard is actually called the Rainbow Guard and they wear rainbow cloaks

It was really shocking to see Brienne with Catelyn because she is over a foot taller than her but that is how her character is in the books.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMGOMGOMG!!!!

Spoilers for S2/book 2:

Spoiler:

They killed Renly!!!
I kinda knew/felt that he wouldn't last very long, but I'm shocked and disappointed that Martin killed him off so early in the story. I actually kinda liked him
That damn red witch!!!
(Well, as a matter of fact, I can't even say for sure that it was here, but: A shadow with a sword that kills Stannis's biggest enemy.... helloooo, who else could it be??)
I sure didn't see that coming! I was fully prepared for a battle between Stannis and Renly. That was such a surprise and shock!

I've also been worrying a lot about poor Sansa (who's been badly abused by Joffrey and his "noble knights") but now there's talk of arranging a marriage between Joff and Renly's bride, so I really hope she'll be off the hook soon *fingers crossed*

I'm wondering though: Is there anything going to happen between Sansa and the Hound?? I noticed that vidders art Youtube are going nuts shipping those two. Personally, I find this rather gross but I kinda like the idea of the Hound being somewhat protective of Sansa.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler:

I know! I was just getting into Renly as a character in the books and then he gets killed out of nowhere. To top it off Brienne gets blamed for it. I do love Renly more in the books though so when it happens in the show I won't be as sad.

Mild spoiler for future books about Sansa:

Spoiler:

There's some grosser stuff coming up with Sansa I'm afraid Not necessarily involving the Hound either. She does seem to get paired with some messed up people.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Spoiler:

There's some grosser stuff coming up with Sansa I'm afraid Not necessarily involving the Hound either. She does seem to get paired with some messed up people.

Spoiler:

Oh noes! How much more does the poor girl have to suffer through
I wish Catelyn and Robb would finally march through the doors of King's Landing and kick Cersei's and Joff's a****

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Paul, are you planning to vid about GoT at some point?
I'd love to make another GoT vid but I haven't been inspired by any songs yet.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a video about Arya and Ned but I just left it. I want to do one about Varys and Littlefinger but can't find the right song yet
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I started a video about Arya and Ned but I just left it. I want to do one about Varys and Littlefinger but can't find the right song yet

Yeah, I want to make a vid about Varys & Littlefinger as well, but it's indeed difficult to find a good song (I don't want to vid them in a shippy way though, more as frenemies and the conspirators and spies they are).
I hope you'll find the muse to get back to your Arya & Ned vid. I loved their relationship so much on the show
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's tricky. Mine would be funny/shippery but it would be awesome to see a serious video about them too.

Aw Ned. I miss you. I really hope they bring him back for a flashback at some point in the series because there are flashbacks in the books.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Yeah it's tricky. Mine would be funny/shippery but it would be awesome to see a serious video about them too.

I'd LOVE to see a funny/shipper vid about those two.
Hmmm, how about "The secret's in the telling" by the Dashboard Confessionals? I started making a shippy, slashy vid about Nathan & Simon from Misfits to this song a while back but I never managed to finish it. Maybe it would work for Varys & Littlefinger?

Quote:
Aw Ned. I miss you. I really hope they bring him back for a flashback at some point in the series because there are flashbacks in the books.

Really? There weren't any flashbacks in the second book so far. Are they in the second or in the third book?
I miss Ned, too. On the show more than in the books though... probably because I adore Sean Bean so much

By the way, a thought on a storyline in the second book

Spoiler:

Is it just me & my interpretation of things or was Lysa having some kind of liaison with Littfinger when they were young? I could be misinterpreting things but there was just a moment in the second book where Catelyn's and Lysa's sick old father was hallucinating and thinking that Catelyn was Young Lysa. He said to her: "That stripling... wretched boy... not speak that name to me, your duty..."
Obviously, Lysa must've been in love with someone else before she had to marry Jon Arryn and I wonder if that someone might've been Littlefinger??

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
I'd LOVE to see a funny/shipper vid about those two.
Hmmm, how about "The secret's in the telling" by the Dashboard Confessionals? I started making a shippy, slashy vid about Nathan & Simon from Misfits to this song a while back but I never managed to finish it. Maybe it would work for Varys & Littlefinger?

Thanks for the recommendation. Dunno if that's what I want.. probably something more cheesy pop with some apt lyrics.

KajaM wrote:

Really? There weren't any flashbacks in the second book so far. Are they in the second or in the third book?
I miss Ned, too. On the show more than in the books though... probably because I adore Sean Bean so much

I was referring to the ones in the first book from Ned's POV. Pretty sure there are multiple ones but they never used them in the show. Sean Bean is awesome

KajaM wrote:

Spoiler:

Is it just me & my interpretation of things or was Lysa having some kind of liaison with Littfinger when they were young? I could be misinterpreting things but there was just a moment in the second book where Catelyn's and Lysa's sick old father was hallucinating and thinking that Catelyn was Young Lysa. He said to her: "That stripling... wretched boy... not speak that name to me, your duty..."
Obviously, Lysa must've been in love with someone else before she had to marry Jon Arryn and I wonder if that someone might've been Littlefinger??

Spoiler:

I wouldn't have said they were ever in a relationship but they were definetly kissing buddies and maybe more for a time. Littlefinger has always only ever had eyes for Catelyn though. Lysa probably cared for him more than he did for her, so its possible that Hoster Tully was referring to that. Nice catch What I love about the books is there are so many hints about future events and backstory. You have to do some work to grasp everything which I appreciate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: