Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Measure The Globe" by Jemmz (Supernatural)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: "Measure The Globe" by Jemmz (Supernatural) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Measure The Globe" 01-14-2012
An upbeat look at Sam and Deans relationship on the road together. Wishlist gift for Maria!
Fandom: Supernatural
Song: Measure The Globe by Astronautalis
Vidder: Jemmz
Length: 1:42 (27.8MB wmv)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE1w0XOF4R4

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Measure The Globe by Jemmz Reply with quote

PERFECT song choice for Sam and Dean. I loved it. This really made me remember why I loved the show. I miss all these moments. Amazing editing as always. Fantastic SPN video I loved it Gonna feature it on my twitter
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maria has credit for the song, lol. She has an excellent eye for these things But so glad you liked the video, Amy!! And yay, thanks so much for the shout out on twitter!
PsychoCynic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me just begin by saying your editing was TO DIE FOR. This is why I was so excited when you agreed to vid this song for me. The dude sings quickly and I would've just gotten confused, but you nailed those beats. Lovely.

Secondly, your scene selections!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY HEART! *clutches* The beginning instrumental where you went through their lives in chronological order was like listening (or watching, in this case) to a fairytale. It highlighted all their happy moments through the years that bonded them as brothers that would only make the rest of the vid where we see them as adults that much more meaningful and beautiful.

For here on out, I will squee about random moments in the vid using random words so I may not make sense. Be warned.

-OMG. SAM WAKING UP DEAN BY HONKING AND BOTH OF THEIR ADORABLE REACTIONS.
-OMG. SAM AND THE SPOON AND DEAN CELEBRATING HIS SUCCESS IN ANNOYING HIS LITTLE BRO BY DANCING BEHIND THE WHEEL
-OMG. DEAN PRESSING ON SAM'S HAND WOUND AND THEN CUTTING HIS ARM AS IF TO SYMBOLIZE THE SHARING OF PAIN/BEING CLOSE TO HIS BROTHER.
-OMG. THE SEXINESS AND GREAT BEAT USE WITH THE KISSING OF GORGEOUS WOMEN (AND THEN LOVING AND LEAVING THEM, BUT THAT'S TOTALLY WHAT LIVING ON THE ROAD ENTAILS).
-OMG. "ALL THAT I'M LEFT WITH IS YOU." --- DEAN POINTING AT SAM. OOHHHHHHH.... *BOUNCES IN CHAIR*
-OMG. "IF THE WORLD COULD END VERY SOON" - JACKET CLUTCHING!!!!!! PLUS PRETTY LIGHTS IN THE SKY FROM 5X01
-OMG. FOLLOWED BY VERY SAD, BUT APPROPRIATE BOBBY STUFF, BUT TOTALLY BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF THE BOYS' DOLEFUL LOOKS AS ER STAFF RUSHES PAST THEM WITH THE LOVELY CAMERA ANGLE...
-OMG. BOYS TAKING OFF FROM PRISON. TO KEEP DOING WHAT THEY DO BEFORE THE LAW/HOUSE TAKES THEM DOWN TOO.
-OMG. THOSE BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL SHOTS OF THE IMPALA SOARING DOWN ENDLESS ROADS. I LOVE THE ONE THAT BLOWS THE DEAD LEAVES BEHIND THEM. ALWAYS ON THE MOVE, LEAVING SOMETHING OLD BEHIND, BUT APPROACHING SOMETHING NEW AND ADVENTUROUS. BECAUSE THEY HAVE A WHOLE DAMN GLOBE TO MEASURE, INCH BY INCH, AND DAMN IT, THEY WILL DO IT, EVEN IF (WHEN) IT KILLS THEM.

-OMG OMG OMG, THE FINAL SCENE WHERE THEY CLOSE THE TRUNK OF THE CAR WITH A SMIRK ON THEIR FACES. BECAUSE A JOURNEY NEVER ENDS WHEN THERE IS NO DESTINATION.

In short, you captured the poetry in the show that is sometimes very subtle, but there.

Also, Jemma, you owe me many many boxes of tissues.

I wish I could say "Awesome job" but there is no adjective that I could use to describe my emotions with this vid.

So... Thank you.

[Do I get any points for longest and babblest review ever?]

Last edited by PsychoCynic on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[Do I get any points for longest and babblest review ever?]

LOL, you get the biggest (virtual) hug you've ever seeeeeeeen! *HUUUUUUGS!!*

Your review is just all kinds of awesome, lol! I was sat here smiling all the time I was reading it lmao So thank you!! I won't lie, I was a bit nervous making this because I know it was your vision and I didn't want to ruin it but I'm SOOOOO happy you liked it!!

Thank you so so much for the compliments <3 And I'm sorry this was late too Happy very very belated Christmas! lol! It was a pleasure making this for you
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:34 am    Post subject: Measure The Globe by Jemmz Reply with quote

Great vid, Jemma! Nicely edited.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thans Heather!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Measure The Globe by Jemmz Reply with quote

Well done, Jemma! That was so touching!!!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

N'aw, thanks Julia!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: