Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help me PLEASE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Help me PLEASE Reply with quote

I'm so new on this vidding thing, I don't know anything... so here we go: I want to start making my own videos, but I don't know where to start. I have a Windows 98/2000 computer, and I've tried to find some sort of Windows Movie Maker for my computer but all I can find is for XP (my mom doesn't want XP, she says you get virus easier... )
So can anyone help me?? Maybe tell me what to download and you know... the rest? I really, REALLY want to start making my own vid but I need some help
I'll be eternaly grateful Thanx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a copy of xp with service pack 2 tell your mum it's a new xp with no viruses.,
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Get a copy of xp with service pack 2 tell your mum it's a new xp with no viruses.,

LOL my thoughts exactly

I highly doubt there's much you can do without upgrading to XP Unless your mom is hiding top secret government files, or does all her banking from the computer (never really a good idea anyway, might I add...) then even if a virus gets in, it can't do much at all that would have any effect on you.

But then again, if you're on a 98/2000 computer, then I doubt it would be able to handle a vidding program very well anyway (Talk to Aislynn for that, she's made due through tons and tons of torment from her horrible computer ) So overall, if you'd have to go buy Windows XP anyway, then it's really not worth it, you might as well just buy a new computer and save yourself the hassle of having to upgradei na year or two anyway The older computers just don't work for most things anymore. And an older computer probably wouldn't be able to hold all the episodes you need to make the video you want (though it might be able to , depending on the size)

If upgrading to a new computer is absolutely out of the question, and it just can't be done, them maybe we can help you out to get it working with what you have (or a little more, i.e. Win XP) but it won't be nearly as easy

Vidding's worth all the trouble though If you've got a passion to try it out, then maybe this is indeed a good investment.

Anyway, ponder that and tell me your computer's stats if you can (eg. Hard Drive Space, RAM, Processor, etc)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
marcus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMM1 would work on 98/2000, woudlnt it? But I don't think theres any sites that would let ya download the old WMM.

Marcus, the "Young'un".

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL this is getting faaar to complicated haha
We're gonna get a new computer in the beginning of next year, this one is "old" (the computer itself is from 2002) WITH XP, hopefully, so I guess I have to wait until then..

But I wanna thank everyone for helping out!!!! Thank you, you're the best !

Väntar man på nått gott, väntar man aldrig för länge....

If you're waiting for something good, you can never wait too long...
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well at least you only have to wait a little onger! That new computer should be the perfect vidding station! You'll be just fine.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobbes wrote:
(Talk to Aislynn for that, she's made due through tons and tons of torment from her horrible computer )

Hobbes just dissed my computer, didn't he? That's okay, I'd say he's entitled after all the complaining he's had to listen to me do!

Good luck with the new computer, meandi! I think it's always better to just get something new that's already set to do what you'd like it to do, rather than try to piece something together that wasn't originally intended to do that in the first place.

Okay, I don't know if that just made sense or not... Well, hope the meaning comes across anyway!

And just in case anybody was wondering, I believe that even WMM 1 requires XP (and the Service Pack 1) to work. WMM 2 requires the SP2. I learned all of this the hard way!

Can't wait to see your first vid, meandi! Hope you have a lot of fun with making them! They really ARE worth all the trouble, IMO!

~Aislynn
meandi
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I promise, the first vid I make is gonna be one hell of a experience
I already vision them in my head and all the scenes i'm gonna have in them.... I'm gonna have the best songs for them and.... well, they're gonna be great, end of story

I've already chosen a song I have to make a vid out of: HÃ¥ll om mej (Hold Me) by Nanne Gronwall

(you like it? http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3PPLHA38UHV6Y05G45DDS153WI)

(And right now you're all thinking like: "omg, she's gonna torture us with songs on friggin Swedish that we don't know any of" )
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:

Can't wait to see your first vid, meandi! Hope you have a lot of fun with making them! They really ARE worth all the trouble, IMO!

Thank you, Aislynn!! It will be sooo fun doing them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Technical Vidding Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: