Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Walking Dead (Season 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he thought of himself as a 'replacement' which was what he became.

My issue in season two was when she forces him to stay way from 'her family' and so he starts to do that; it backfires and she goes off on him.

I still think it was a low act for both of them to do.

I think he's obviously had feelings for her even when Rick was alive; and he didn't get to act on them until Rick was out of the picture.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny because I've always thought it was the opposite, that he only had feelings after the zombie apocalypse or at least that's what I have chosen to believe.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I like; we really don't know about their lives outside of the Zombie attack; we saw a glimpse of Rick and Shane but not a lot.

I don't know why I think that; I just do. But I can totally see him NOT too.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's cool we can have such different interpretations and either of them can be true ;D
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I watched the last two episodes of S1 last night and I thought they were both pretty amazing!

Some random thoughts:
- Andrea having to "kill" her own sister was totally heart-breaking. I felt so awfully sorry for her
I'm happy that Laurie Holden is part of the show! I haven't seen her much since the end of the X-Files, so it's great to have her back playing a bigger role on a TV show. She's pretty amazing!
- I also thought it was sad that the black lady (Jacqui??) died and the Scientist. He could've been a cool character, I think. I didn't feel too sad about Jim though. He wasn't really one of my favourites. Besides, he's reunited with his family now, just like he wanted.
- I can't help it... Shane keeps annoying the hell out of me! I know that he must be feeling pretty bad about everything that has happened, but I just want him to bloody get over it already!
- Did I already mention that Daryl is made of awesome? (This is just a fangirl sidenote which you are very welcome to ignore!) *draws hearts around his face*
- Speaking of awesome: A hung-over Glenn? *draws more hearts*
- The last episode was quite amazing, like a crazy roller-coaster ride. It was everything from breath-taking, to funny, to heart-breaking. The lab being blown up left me behind with such an intense feeling of despair and hopelessness, like everything - every last bit of hope - was lost. I'm glad I don't have to wait for MONTHS to see how the story continues like most of you had to. What a torture!

I'm so hooked! This has to be my new favourite show!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay; congrats for finishing Karolina! totally supportive of Daryl fangirling; that's where my hearts been from the start!

Laurie Holden is made of awesome, and I keep seeing her in things and I'm like 'oh yeh!" she's that cop chick in Silent Hill, and she was in The Mist I think, she's one of those everywhere-actors

Isn't hungover Glenn the most gorgeous thing? He's such a perfection character <3 <3 <3

This show is my new favourite everything lol

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Laurie Holden is made of awesome, and I keep seeing her in things and I'm like 'oh yeh!" she's that cop chick in Silent Hill, and she was in The Mist I think, she's one of those everywhere-actors

Yes, I remember her on Silent Hill. She was pretty badassy in that movie *likes* And yes, you're right, she was on The Mist as well. I totally forgot about that! (And I loved the movie, how could I forget this? )

Quote:
Isn't hungover Glenn the most gorgeous thing? He's such a perfection character <3 <3 <3

Glenn is a great character. He's clever, he's fun, he's brave and at the same time really kind and compassionate. I really adore him!

Quote:
This show is my new favourite everything lol

I totally understand that!
I need to start vidding!
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mist is a great Walking Dead cast movie Dale, Andrea, Carol and im pretty sure Morales are all in it

Glenn in season 2 gets a love interest which just makes him even more adorable!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Glenn in season 2 gets a love interest which just makes him even more adorable!

Aww, can't wait to see that!

What about Daryl though? The boy needs some love, too
(I'd kinda like to see him with Andrea, though after seeing the first 10 minutes of 2x01 I'm afraid they're going to throw in some Andrea/Shane )
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norman reedus and the creators have said no love for Daryl as of yet, which worries me cos it might mean they're gearing to kill him off. I doubt it though because he's like the breakout favourite character. and Reedus says he's trying to play Daryl as a virgin

Andrea/Shane I'm not a fan of cos he's madly in love with Lori and i do not want to have to watch another love quadrangle :S:S I have a thing for Andrea/Rick tho; i want them to have some angst together! all that gun pulling she did on him in season 1; that's hawt!

KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Norman reedus and the creators have said no love for Daryl as of yet, which worries me cos it might mean they're gearing to kill him off. I doubt it though because he's like the breakout favourite character. and Reedus says he's trying to play Daryl as a virgin

Meh, too bad
I would've loved to see how he behaves when his sweetheart is nearby

Quote:
Andrea/Shane I'm not a fan of cos he's madly in love with Lori and i do not want to have to watch another love quadrangle :S:S I have a thing for Andrea/Rick tho; i want them to have some angst together! all that gun pulling she did on him in season 1; that's hawt!

Guh, so there IS some Andrea/Shane stuff in S2??
I think I'd enjoy some Andrea/Rick, too. I'm really not a fan of Lori so far.
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we're getting a season 3! maybe by then he can find a sweetheart <3

Not really Shane/Andrea, there are some 'moments', but there are also some daryl/andrea moments, i really dunno if they'll go either way there for Andrea, or if they'll go with what happened in the comics, which i doubt cos i think it would have happened by now.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that just because he's not going to have a love interest doesn't necessarily mean they'll kill him off.

I think it's fairly obvious to point out that he's one that keeps people at arms length; he's a survivor; and him loving someone would throw that game off. I think he's smart enough NOT to fall in love with someone at a time like this.

I think right now you need to show him in platonic relationships with people first.

I don't like Shane either Karolina. I think Jon the actor is cute; but Shane bothers me because like you said he just can't let it go. His attack on Lori made me like him even less.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't like Shane either Karolina. I think Jon the actor is cute; but Shane bothers me because like you said he just can't let it go. His attack on Lori made me like him even less.

The actor is quite hot, I totally agree on that (And he's got a real beautiful smile, imo)
Just like you though, I've got my issues with the character he plays. His attack on Lori really freaked me out. For a second I thought he was going to rape her. I was really all
I hope they'll show more of his positive side though cause he can be a great guy when he's not pitying himself or throwing a tantrum
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His attack on her really freaked me out too.

I don't like him with Lori; I'd have a different view on it if she wasn't married. Not only that but she shows no real interest; at least not anymore. And he's still persist and childish about it. He acts like he's the victim here. He just bothers me.

I'd much rather a hook up happen with Shane/Andrea then Shane/Lori Andrea/Dale. I wouldn't mind Dale/Andrea IF they didn't go the father route. If they didn't have him be like a replacement father figure I'd be more okay with the idea.

But yes; I quite enjoy Jon, I'd love to do a Video with him and Kate or something from Lost.

During an interview he's talking up how Shane's a good guy to his friend; protecting his family. I'm like he's sleeping with his best friend's wife; and wants to pursue the relationship; nothing good or healthy about that. Lmao.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: