Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Once Upon A Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just got caught up today. I'm loving it so far.

LOVING all the lost references!!!!!!!!!!!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from all the eye shots and the 108 on Regina's door this weeks episode didn't really have alot of Lost references. I enjoy them, so I kind of missed the shout-outs. Though Grahams memories of the other life reminded me both of the Lost flash-sideways and Desmond's memories in season 5. The scene where Graham wakes up from the dream/memory was more or less the same as Desmond having the dream/memory of meeting Daniel at the hatch. Desmond told Penny it was a memory not a dream,just as Graham told Regina.

Cool to see that Graham really was the Huntsman, after all.

I still think Mr. Gold knows his true past. Especially after the comment about dreams he made to Graham. He knows that Graham is starting to remember.

I'm curious who Regina's 'eyes' were that saw Graham kiss Emma.But I don't think we'll find out. I think everyone but Emma pretty much does as Regina says without much question.

I'm going to put this is Spoiler in case anyone hasn't yet seen the episode and doesn't want to know who dies.

Spoiler:

I thought it probably would be Graham. I was just starting to really like him, so I was sad to see him get killed off. These writers are very good about making you really like a character just so they can kill them off. I was kind of hoping that an Emma/Graham relationship was starting to form.I liked them together.

I liked Grahams story. I liked that although he was considered heartless, he showed some compassion to his animal kills. That CGI deer was kind of funny though. (Guess they spent too much creating the other sets they couldn't make it a little more realistic and a little less Bambi.)

I think Graham as the huntsman had just always been told he was heartless,but in the end, when he spared Snow White in some ways I think he found his heart. In the real world he found his heart with Emma. Sadly Regina believes if she can't have him, no one can.

It seems to me that as people begin to remember their pasts, Regina will try to kill them in order to keep her curse from falling apart. It seems Regina's tactic in this world is not as much to hurt Snow White directly but to try to hurt her by doing all she can to hurt Emma.

I found it a little odd that Regina kept her vault of hearts below the cemetary.I have wondered a few times since the episode with Henry in the mine, if perhaps fairy tale world was buried beneath Storybrooke.

I was glad to see someone in Storybrooke (besides Emma) finally stand up to Regina and let her know she can't boss them around. I think Emma's fight with Regina is going to have some ramifications as far as her spending time with Henry (not that Regina's been able to stop that in the past, though).

I think that Graham has helped to crack the curse a little bit.He mentioned to Mary Margret about other lives and he told Emma a little bit of what was going on. I think he has made both of them believe a little bit more in Henry's ideas.

It was nice to see that Graham and Mary Margret are beginning to question the lack of memories.Graham was right that you do remember when you met people who are important in your life.It is funny that it has taken this long for them to realize how little they remember of their pasts.But then again no one has ever questioned their pasts before.

I liked Snow White's letter to the Evil Queen. She took away some of the pleasure of killing her by being accepting of it. I think this is part of the reason why the evil queen is so adament on destroying her. I think she still would have done horrible things, but I think her wrath would have been far less had she actually killed Snow White. I'm still curious why she hates her so much.

I think it is signficant that only Emma also saw the wolf.

Macaila
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really glad they finally had that conversation! Now we finally have an idea of how their memories have been formed, in that they have a gap in them before they came to StoryBrooke.

The mystery with what Snow did to Regina is still up in the air although at least we have an idea of their familial relationship now. I was hoping that they would humanise Regina a bit more in her flashback but no! She's as evil as ever. It seems like the baddies are just bad and the goodies are just good which is rather bland.

It might seem picky but I still have a problem with the accents. Graham is another character with a distinctive accent that noone else has in StoryBrooke. He is Northern Irish. If the majority of people speak with American accents they should have stuck with it or had regions in fairy tale land with different accents.
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was the best episode yet!! But I'm SO sad about what happened to Graham ;__;

If he is really gone, then I am really disappointed. It means we're almost back to square one where everyone is still clueless, but I hope this has made Emma start to believe Henry a little more.

I think it would be awesome if in the finale, Emma and Henry were transported to fairytale land with the rest of the fairytale characters and creatures. That would be awesome

Personally, I'm glad they kept Graham's Northern Irish accent. It's very strong now, I didn't notice it so much in the beginning. It may not make much sense, but I like it anyway
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't sure if he was scottish or northern irish but I used my old friend imdb I did like him though, was sad to see him go. I was wondering if his name Graham bears any relation to the King Graham of the Kings Quest game series that would be cool

I'm starting to think this show simply doesn't appeal to me and I might give it up. I like fantasy but fantasy that is set in a believable setting with real rules and consequences. Oh and Henry annoys the pants off me!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, finally a new episode!

I think this episode is going to be very important as far as the over all story.
I liked that Mr. Gold showed an almost human-ness while talking to Emma about how children grow up so fast.

I have a theory on what Mr. Gold will ask Emma to do as part of their deal.
In the fairytale land Rumplestiltskin killed 'the dark one' in order to take his power and save his son. Originally he wanted to use the power for good but it turned him evil. 'The dark one' told Rumplestiltskin that he could spot a 'desperate soul'.

At the end of the episode while talking to Emma about their deal and the favor she owes him, Mr.Gold told her he could spot a 'desperate soul'. I think that in the end Mr. Gold (like 'the dark one' did to Rumplestiltskin) will convince Emma to kill him. Therefore she will take over his powers.

Emma will use these powers like Rumplestiltskin did and protect her son.I think she has to have these powers to overthrow Regina/The evil queen.
Tonight Henry told Emma that she was good. I think this is important because it is this goodness that will keep her from becoming evil when given the power of 'the dark one'.

So long story short, the favor Mr. Gold will ask Emma is to kill him(in my opinion).

I liked that the Maccutchen liquor bottle made a brief appearance again.

The beginning of Rumplestiltskin's backstory with him weaving was very similar to the introduction of Jacob in Lost's episode The Incident.

I liked that we got to see a kinder side of Rumplestiltskin.Maybe somewhere deep down he has a heart.I think besides wanting to bring Emma to power in order to get his favor,I think he has a little soft spot for her because of Henry.I don't think he would do anything to Emma to cause her to lose Henry because in his other life he nearly lost his son.I think he feels like she deserves a relationship with her son so he'll not do anything to take that away from her.

I noticed in the Graham's box of belongings there was an article about him having a charity fundraiser. Also there was a paper with the name Graham Humbert. Interesting that we learn a last name after he dies.

I still believe that there are alot of easter eggs hiding in Mr.Gold's shop.

Macaila
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This last episode with Hansel and Gretel's story was alright, probably not one of my favorites though.

The Apollo bar made it's second appearance .I enjoyed that but I do wish they'd expand the Lost props a bit more beyond the candy bar and the liquor.

I thought it was neat that the shop owner who caught the kids stealing was Sneezy. I'd been wondering when we would start seeing more of Snow White's 7 dwarves and I am pretty sure this was Sneezy.

I also liked that Emma has her baby blanket. For a moment I thought maybe Mary Margret was going to remember something when she held it.I was glad that Emma told Mary Margret that Henry believes Mary Margret is Snow White and therefore her mother. I think it's neat that they are living together, getting to know one another and yet not realizing their connection.

Who is that mysterious stranger? I think it's going to be awhile before we find out.

My wild theory as to who he would be is
Spoiler:

Rumplestiltskin's son. We didn't see what happened to that boy.

Whoever this mysterious person is I believe they have some tie to both worlds even if it is like Emma's where she is the child of Snow White and Prince Charming. I think it would be some tie to that world so that if they were ever too return to it this mysterious person could exist there.

Who do you guys think the mysterious stranger is?

Macaila
rbexter93
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's episode was the 2nd iffy one for me (first being Jimney Cricket's). I think it's good to give a bigger picture of the fairytale land but these characters aren't particularly interesting and don't seem to ever be shown other than in their episode.

I love the relationship with Emma and Mary Margret, I think it's really cute.

I'm not sure about the stranger I'm not a great theoriser, just like to read other people's theories but I haven't read many this week.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are dwarves normal size? Can someone explain this to me how they can even be considered dwarves.. we saw a snapshot of them with Snow White where they are around the same height as her.
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That annoys me too, Paul!!!
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbexter93 wrote:
This week's episode was the 2nd iffy one for me (first being Jimney Cricket's). I think it's good to give a bigger picture of the fairytale land but these characters aren't particularly interesting and don't seem to ever be shown other than in their episode.

I don't quite see how the kids are going to be able to play much of a larger role in the story, either. To me it seemed like the episode was almost intended more to explore Emma's story. The story of her trying to get the kids
back to their dad paralleled her own story both of searching for their parents and of being reunited with a child that was given up/not known to exist.

I like the Snow White story probably the best. Rumplestiltskin's past is also interesting.

Here is a nice site for anyone who may be interested in looking at screencaps from the episodes:
http://onceuponatime.dramatic-personae.net/

Sometimes it takes them about a week to get pictures from the newest episode up, but otherwise they have been pretty up to date.

Looking forward to tomorrows new episode.

Macaila
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was an alright episode. I always enjoy getting a little more of Snow and Prince Charmings story. But it seems like we are getting quite alot of their story, so it makes me wonder how much will be left to explore if the show gets another season.

I think Red Riding Hood/Ruby is going to be an important character. She always seems to be just in the background, but present during important moments. I liked that she and Snow White worked together/knew each other. I thought that was a neat story cross -over.

I was very happy they finally gave us that Mary Margret and David kiss.
Was a bit disappointed that they didn't seem to have any memory of their past life as a result though. I liked the idea that they both came at 7:15 to see each other and then both changed to 7:45 ( or 15 til 8, that's a sneaky way to get an 8 15 )

Another episode, another Apollo bar. You know if they're going to keep teasing us with these, they really ought to start selling them for real.

I couldn't see the pregnancy test,but they should have made it a Widmore brand test, as another nod to Lost since that was the brand they always used. Besides Alan Dale was in the episode, so they could have had a double nod to Widmore.

I still think the mystery man is
Spoiler:

Rumplestiltskin's son. I think that is who his fairy tale character is. But in Storybrooke, I think he is the man who wrote Henry's book.

What did you guys think of the Eigth dwarf? Stealthy I think it's funny they made up a drawf.I wonder if there were others, perhaps a ninth and tenth that we've not met

I really think there will come an episode where we find out how each of the dwarves got their names. Tonight we learned Grumpy's reason and I think the others will eventually follow.

Macaila
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Why are dwarves normal size? Can someone explain this to me how they can even be considered dwarves.. we saw a snapshot of them with Snow White where they are around the same height as her.

I think probably because dwarf actors are really hard to get for some reason. I remember in the last Harry Potter movie they had to get Warwick Davies's help getting dwarves to play the goblins in Gringotts. As this show doesn't seem to have a tremendously high budget, I'm guessing they found it easier and cheaper to get taller actors, especially as they likely won't be in it loads.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this last episode was fairly good. They did keep me guessing about Sidney and where his loyalty lied until the end. I suspected that he couldn't be trusted though. It just seemed too good to be true that he would turn on Regina after being her puppet for so long.

They threw me somewhat when it was revealed Sidney was the genie. His name Sidney Glass, the newspaper 'The Storybrooke Mirror' and some of the things he has said in the past including talking about reflections had hinted he was Regina's mirror, but when he appeared as the genie, I started to wonder how they would bring it all back around.

It seems like we are getting a little closer to the reason why the evil queen so hates Snow White. I thought that was where we were headed in this episode but they continue to go all around that part of the story. I hope it is more than just the queen being jealous of the king's admiration for Snow.

This episode felt very much like a fable to me. In the beginning Regina warned Emma not to let emotions cloud her judgement. The whole episode then focused on how Emma did just that, letting her hate for Regina and love for Henry cloud her thinking. At the end of the episode when we find out Emma was played, it was like the end of the fable when you read the moral of the story.

My main complaint with this episode was that Mary Margret and David's story seemed out of place.I'm a big fan of that pairing but that story line went nowhere this week. I think it would have been better to just skip them for a week and give them a full story later. I kept waiting for us to return to that story and we never did. So it felt disjointed with the rest of the episode. I did however really like the scene where Mary Margret tries to rationalize her relationship with David while Sidney tries to rationalize his and Emma's actions.

Wish we were getting a new episode sooner than the 12th. But I am looking forward to Emilie de Ravin's episode. I hope they've given her a storyline that allows them to bring her back from time to time.I'd love to see some of the old Lost cast appear occasionally on the show. They need to get Josh Holloway on there. I don't really care what role.I'd just like to see him do the show.

Macaila
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belle MacFarlane wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I think probably because dwarf actors are really hard to get for some reason. I remember in the last Harry Potter movie they had to get Warwick Davies's help getting dwarves to play the goblins in Gringotts. As this show doesn't seem to have a tremendously high budget, I'm guessing they found it easier and cheaper to get taller actors, especially as they likely won't be in it loads.

The only one who seems to have any lines is Grumpy so dunno why they couldn't have gone for actual dwarf actors. Maybe they wouldn't be the best actors in the world but at least it would be believable. The other option would be to do it like Lord of the Rings, with clever camera angles and special effects but they seem to have pumped all the budget into the dodgy cgi.

This show is relying way too much on the Snow White storyline aswell as having Rumplestiltskin popping up in every fairytale, which only serves to dilute the other fairytales. We didn't need the Evil Queen in the Hansel and Gretel storyline. Dunno why they feel they need to inject characters into other fairytales. I do really like Rumple and Regina but having them pop up again and again is really annoying.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: