Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Walking Dead (Season 2)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: The Walking Dead (Season 2) Reply with quote

So season two has just started and we are being treated to a bumper 13 episode season this year.

Give it up for Shane!

*crickets chirp*

Oh well he's one of my favourites even after the iffy rape scene

Spoiler:

I was so not expecting Rick's kid to be shot in the end. That scene so reminded me of Kate's horse in Lost and thought it was a sweet happy scene till BAM lol

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Shane too Paul!! He's probably my fav. male character and then I really like Lori and Andrea is so badass!

I love this show! It's my new LOST!

Do you think Lori is pregnant with Shanes baby? That seems to be the popular theory right now!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah she probably is.. hoping Rick learns the truth soon because can't wait for it to kick off and don't want it getting dragged out too much. I really like Andrea too, pretty much everyone actually. Even the black guy T-dog I like who is a pretty minor character.

The zombies look really amazing on the show but I did have some nitpicks with some of the dead bodies that fell out the cars. They really looked like dummies with the way they fell and I couldn't help but wonder why they weren't coughing and sputtering over the dead body stench that would have been in the air nevermind the car when they opened it up.

By the way the ratings for the latest episode made a cable ratings record with 7.3 million or something like that Will probably drop next week but I reckon this show is going to last for a long time
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The season opener as a whole; was a bit of a disappointment in my opinion. I was expecting a lot more for it being an hour and a half long.

I enjoyed it for what it was; but for an opener of one of the most anicapated returns of this year; I was expecting more.

There were aspects I liked; like the very beginning with him trying to radio Morgan. And I thought the best scene was when the herd of Zombies came along.

As much as I like Daryl; I'm hearing they are giving a lot of Glenn scene's to him; and that bothers me. Glenn is awesome.

A scene that bothered me was Lori holding onto Carl when her daughter gets caught. (They need to teach those kids a thing or two; the adults wont always be there; case and point). It bothered me because if the roles were reversed and that was Karl I guarantee that Lori would have ran out there.

Some of the scenes were dragged out; like the tent scene; all that time for a gun?

The ending; it felt predicable; you knew SOMETHING was going to happen. I almost thought the Deer was a zombie and was going to eat Karl there for a minute.

I'm not sold on Shane. The whole thing with Lori either needs to die or Rick needs to find out. And Shane needs to just get over it and stop being a whiny bitch about it. I get he's hurt; but he also needs to realize it was only because she thought her husband was dead; I think he thought there was more to it then there was. I think if she honestly loved him she wouldn't have made an issue of taking off Rick's necklace while they had sex.

Andrea needs to realize that Dayle did what he did because he cares about her. It wasn't to make her feel bad or to force her to do something she didn't want to do; it was because he didn't want her to be alone when she was killed.

I hope the kids don't die.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brooke wrote:

The ending; it felt predicable; you knew SOMETHING was going to happen. I almost thought the Deer was a zombie and was going to eat Karl there for a minute.

I didn't get that impression. I thought they were going to end with a happy scene for once with the deer although I did think that the deer was a zombie too for a second

It was a bit flat for a premiere episode but I still enjoyed it. What I really liked about it is how they haven't tied up finding the girl in a pretty bow by the end. It is more realistic that they can't find her and that she might just as easily be zombie food but we shall see..

Brooke wrote:
Andrea needs to realize that Dayle did what he did because he cares about her. It wasn't to make her feel bad or to force her to do something she didn't want to do; it was because he didn't want her to be alone when she was killed.

Yeah I agree. I really like the Andrea and Dale thing. It's like he's a father to her but she needs to get her head out of her ass and realise he saved her life.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Brooke wrote:

I didn't get that impression. I thought they were going to end with a happy scene for once with the deer although I did think that the deer was a zombie too for a second

It was a bit flat for a premiere episode but I still enjoyed it. What I really liked about it is how they haven't tied up finding the girl in a pretty bow by the end. It is more realistic that they can't find her and that she might just as easily be zombie food but we shall see..

Brooke wrote:

Yeah I agree. I really like the Andrea and Dale thing. It's like he's a father to her but she needs to get her head out of her ass and realise he saved her life.

I jsut had this feeling that SOMETHING was going to go wrong. Because it was too nice of a scene. There's nothing happy about this show!

I enjoyed it; I just too thought it felt flat as a premiere episode; especially one which was so heavily hyped show's return. I think it was because Frank isn't the director anymore; he was FANTASTIC.

I will say this; I as you enjoy all the characters; even T-Dog. That name is...just.

I don't even know if Dale really even tried to 'save' her. And I can get her not wanting to be saved; I think he really was going to die with her; because he has a love for her (As if she's his own child)

Which by the way isn't Shane his son? I forget. Or does he just call him 'son' some guys in the south do that to men who are younger then them so I wasn't sure or not.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big fan of Frank Darabont but I still have faith in the show. Kept telling myself that the original creator of the concept Robert Kirkman is still there. Even though it wasn't the most exciting episode I don't think it's lost the vibe that it had last season or anything like that. The characters and storylines still seem to be consistent so not too concerned.

I am pretty sure Shane and Dale are not related. That's funny because I used to think that Dale WAS Andrea's dad last season until I twigged
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Faith in the show too; I just wish it packed more (Not saying I want all zombies killing all the time; I actually turn my head A LOT. ) I just felt like it was missing something. I just felt like that episode; though it was great; like it was just a normal episode; not the opener.

So yep its' just a southern thing.

That herd scene was so great. My favorite in the opener.

I hope they don't put Glenn on the back burner; I really like him.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the latest episode. Hershel is really cool. I heard he was a famous character from the books or something so should be interesting. It does seem like Shane and Lori's affair didn't happen pre-apocalypse, at least that's what I got from the flashback and how they behaved with each other. Poor Andrea getting attacked again! She really never gets a break. The cliffhanger was really frustrating! How are they going to get out of this one?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Andrea is a walker magnet! She looks tasty I guess Somebody give her a gun already!!
I cried when Lori first saw Carl!! Oooo and the ending! Eeek! I know it seems like they are doomed!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought AMC was going to post the episodes. Apparently they're only posting the premiere. I'll have to wait until they show it on AMC.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard a cool spoiler for next episode no death news or anything like that

Spoiler:

ater last week's flashback there is going to be a flashforward next week! LOL it gets more and more like Lost.

Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm REALLY late to the party, but I'm starting on S1 now.
I should be able to catch up soon since it's only a few episodes.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you really shouldn't be in this thread. Hurry up and catch up! Glad you started watching though
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, Paul. I haven't read any of the posts here. Just wanted to stop by and say that I'll try to catch up asap
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

Jump to: