Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

True Blood Finale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: True Blood Finale Reply with quote

WOW; that's all I can say. No not really.

I like this finale because a lot happened that really affected the show and the turn of events that would move further into the next season; like Russell being released and STEVE NEWLIN...A VAMPIRE?! What a great punishment for that douche.

I really did hate the deaths A LOT. Nan was so awesome; she was by far a better and interesting character then Bill. Especially THIS season. Bill was just there like a statue trying to get in the way of Sookie/Eric. I felt he served no real purpose this season. But damn it; he got to kill Nan? HE's only a 100 years old; I'm tried of them making him more powerful then he really is.

I was more annoyed by Tara's death. She redeemed herself only to get shot in the head by Debbie Pelt? First of all what happened with Alcide had nothing to do with anyone else but Debbie since she had sex with the gross pack leader. ICK. That was her fault; not Sookie's.

I did hate what happened to Debbie. I liked Debbie; I liked Debbie when she was crazy and when she was sane; she was such a great character. The actress is great.

I wasn't that upset by Jesus's death; I wasn't a huge fan; I felt bad for Lafayette's reaction more then anything. But their goodbye scene with Jesus coming back as a ghost was one of the weakest scenes of the finale. Layla thinks he did it; I was annoyed that Jesus didn't say "You didn't do it." Because Marnie did.

LOVE Andy; great scenes with him and Holly.

I loved that Marnie possessing Layla didn't last; I was so TIRED of her.

Seeing Gran was AMAZING.

Poor Pam; I'm ship the platonic relationship of Eric/Pam more then Eric/Sookie. It's so much more special to me.

Also Sam; I LOVED HIM this entire season and episode.

Okay; Renee. I know he was a crazy...crazy man. But I think he was sincere when he talked to Arlene. I do think that he loved her; and her children...he was just really messed up.

I got a weird vibe from Terry's buddy; the guy looked really jealous and upset that Terry was married. I'm wondering if something happened with those too.

I know i"m missing so much but...my head is just...WOAH.

Okay; I'd have accepted Alcide's offer; but probably a good thing she didn't or Debbie would have been there sooner.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I frickin' love True Blood. It is basically a bloody awesome soap opera. Season two was my favourite season so it was great to see Steve Newlin back and as a vamp! Amazing.

Aw you didn't like Jesus he really grew on me this season and I thought their final scene was great. Share your love for Andy he is the best. Looking forward to see where his storyline goes.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hate him; but he wasn't my favorite character.

I am so thrilled for Steve Newlin being back and as a vampire. I'd have taken him either way. I thought he was great in season 2.

Andy needs more screen-time. He's great. I'd love to know what's going to happen with his fairy lover.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I have a bad feeling about it for Andy's sake but it should be fun. I must be the only person who actually liked the fairy storyline so was disappointed when they seemed to drop it. Hopefully it will be big next year.

Steve Newlin and
Spoiler:

King Russell

back next season should be epic
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mind season 4; the thing that bothered me the most was how they treated the characters who weren't Sookie/Bill/Eric. don't get me wrong I enjoy those characters (not s much Bill; I just wasn't a fan of him this season. But there were other great storylines.

I really enjoyed the whole Debbie storyline; you have to have someone crazy; and Brit Morgan is a great actress; I loved her as Debbie Pelt.

I am going to enjoy those two returning next year.
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They definetly overplayed the triangle between them three but I am cool with it to an extent because I expect it. Like I said before it's the best soap opera ever I wish they would do more flashbacks. That punk Bill flashback was awesome.

Debbie was cool. I am not a big fan of Alcide so it is hard for me to separate the two. I thought she was going to have a happy ending for a time there. It would have been a nice surprise because we were waiting all season for her to turn bad.

Season 4 was much better than season 3 for me. The witch stuff was really cool.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually one of my favorite parts in season 4 is when you think that Debbie is going to Marnie to turn in Sookie; but she's actually there to help Sookie. I SO thought the worst in her that moment.

I was hoping they wouldn't go that predicable route; but the moment you saw her with the V and then the other Pact leader you knew what was going to happen.

I like Alcide but I would probably like him less if he wasn't played by that actor. I LOVE that actor.

I enjoy aspects of the triangle; because like you said "A lot of soap elements." But sometimes i wish it was downplayed more.

I enjoyed both seasons; a hell of a lot more then season 2. Maryanne or however she spelled it; great actress; weak villain.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: