Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Woman" by Aislynn (Sherlock)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm    Post subject: "The Woman" by Aislynn (Sherlock) Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Woman" 08-02-2011
An AU mini-episode of Sherlock (BBC) featuring Irene Adler, from Sherlock Holmes (2009). Be sure to watch all of the way to the end.
Fandom: Sherlock
Song: The One Cello x 16: Natoma Mix by Zoe Keating
Vidder: Aislynn
Length: 3:10 (11.1MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJRJ6u_3hZk
http://www.mediafire.com/?ww8h1l1bkriislt

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool story Ais! I've never seen this show so it all seemed like reality to me. I had no idea what was AU and what wasn't. I loved when she asked him to go away with her and then the ending was cool! Great job!!
I have major crush on Rachel McAdams. She's so cute and awesome!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awwww, thank you so much, Nikki! And I really appreciate a compliment from you on my AU because you're totally awesome at it! *beams* I also very much appreciate you watching and commenting despite not watching the show and I'm glad that it looked convincing!

I love Rachel McAdams, too! I'd love for her to get to play Irene in the modern BBC version of Sherlock as well, though that's not very likely. But I loved her in the Robert Downey Jr. 2009 movie, so it was fun to get to put her with the BBC version of Sherlock!

Thanks so much again! ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:30 am    Post subject: The Woman by Aislynn Reply with quote

That was great, Ais! Totally convincing AU, I don't know either of these shows/movie so I couldn't tell what was what.
rosey_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: The Woman by Aislynn Reply with quote

This was awesome! I have seen both the movie and the series so I know what was in both and it was amazing. You mixed the visuals and the sounds so well together, as well as the background music too. Well done!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather: Aw, thank you so much for watching despite not knowing either of the two sources! I'm glad that it came across convincingly! Thanks again! ♥!

rosey_angel: Oh yay, I'm glad to find somebody who knows both versions of Sherlock! Thank you so much, I'm so glad that it came across well! And I'm really happy that you mentioned the music, that was the first time I ever tried doing all of the visuals/audio clips first then I "scored" the vid with pieces off of Zoe Keating's CD. I was hoping it would work well, so I'm thrilled that you mentioned it. Thanks so much again! ♥!
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: The Woman by Aislynn Reply with quote

OMG, Ais! No idea how I missed this before. That was AWESOME!!! WOW! Not only was it a great idea, but it was perfectly executed. I really loved the music choice, too, and the manip of Irene and Sherlock sitting side-by-side talking was incredible. Sooooooo incredibly well done!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks so much, Julia! I really appreciate all of your kind words for this one, I worked sooooo hard trying to get the manips to work with just 3 spare video tracks, Baby Vegas' cookie cutter and my own stubbornness, lol! For the most part, I was happy with the way they all turned out. That moment with them sitting side-by-side took about as long as the entire rest of the vid did, I had to fiddle with it for forever, so I'm really excited to see it get a shout-out from you! *beams*

Thanks so much again, like I said, I really do appreciate it! ♥!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject: The Woman by Aislynn Reply with quote

Ais, that was awesome!!! So clever, your manips were fantastic!! I totally bought the story. Amazing job
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you so much, Jemma! *beams* I'm so glad you liked it and thought it looked convincing! I really appreciate you watching and commenting! ♥!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: