Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LVI 2011 Tournament All vidders read and respond by Sept 15
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Council
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: LVI 2011 Tournament All vidders read and respond by Sept 15 Reply with quote

It's that time again, the time for you to decide which of your qualifying vids should get a shot at the Vid of the Year title!

We're starting the selection process a little earlier because the deadline to get your choices in has been moved up to September 15th, two weeks earlier than usual.

You may choose any of your videos from any fandom that have received both a Gold Viewer Pick & a Council Pick, submitted between October 1st, 2010 and September 15th, 2011. The number of entries is based on your vidder ranking:

Expert Vidders & Council Members: 3 entries
Advanced Vidders: 2 entries
Intermediate & Novice Vidders: 1 entry

You may post your choices here in this thread (one post only per vidder, please), or if you’d prefer your choices be kept private until the Tourney begins, send a PM to LVI Council with “2011 Tournament Entries” as the subject. Remember, you must have your vid choices submitted by Sept 15th!!!

We are not able to extend this deadline, sorry. However, if you have a last-minute vid that you would like entered, just get it submitted to the site by Midnight, Pacific Standard Time, Sept 15th, and please let us know that you would like it entered into the Tournament if it qualifies with a Gold VP/CP within the next day or so. We'll be doing our best to vote as quickly and efficiently as possible but please be sure that you're doing the same, since the Viewer Pick is just as important to that equation as the Council Pick!

Please make sure that your entries all have working links. If no one can view your vid, we'll have to disqualify it. Also, because Youtube is almost completely blocked in some countries like Germany and is often blocked in other countries around the world, PLEASE give your entries a secondary link to some other hosting place besides Youtube. Here is just a small list of some other streaming and downloadable hosts. If you need any help editing your secondary link into your video thread or with anything at all, please just let a Council Member know and we'll be glad to assist you! Thank you so much for your help with this!

As that this year will be our first to incorporate vids for all fandoms, you'll be seeing a few changes. However, one thing that you can be sure will remain the same is that we'll be striving to give you the best, fairest and most fun Tournament and Members' Choice Awards that we can! Stay tuned for the first of November when we get the party started!

Good luck and we hope to receive your Tournament entries soon!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

September 15th will be here before you know it, so be sure to not forget to send in your Tournament entries! It won't be a very fun Tourney without YOU, after all! ♥!
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm STILL deciding. It's really hard.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to finish a Harry Potter vid on time for the Tournament

Thanks for the reminder though, Ais!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can actually enter this year and select three vids!!

Eek!! I'm too excited :p *bounces off the LVI walls*

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Its already that time again!! Hmmm after careful consideration...lol no not really but I'm going to submit these vids b/c they have been my fav. of the year!

http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8465
http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8391
http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8325

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to submit the following:

Say Goodbye
http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8421

Christmas Pics
http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8254

Macaila
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the responses, everybody! Can't wait to get all of your entries once you make your decisions!

Brooke, I know exactly what you mean!

Karolina, good luck, I hope you're able to get your vid finished on time! If you want, you can go ahead and send in your submissions and let us know which one you want us to remove in exchange for the Harry Potter vid if you get it in in time. Or you can just wait to do your submissions closer to the deadline, whatever works best for you.

Amy, yay! *bounces with you*

Nikki, thanks so much for your submissions! You have so many awesome vids to choose from, you pretty much can't go wrong with any of them!

Macaila, thanks so much for your submission! Those are great choices!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wickedgal wrote:
I can actually enter this year and select three vids!!

Eek!! I'm too excited :p *bounces off the LVI walls*

That's awesome, Amy!
I haven't seen all of your vids, but I really, really loved that Secret Garden vid of yours. Hope you pick that one
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww thank you Karolina *blushes*

I haven't decided yet there's one vid I've recently submitted to the site which I hope gets gold + cp but if it doesn't, I'll definitely consider submitting the secret garden one!!

The other two I think I've pretty much sorted out

ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a hard choice! And eee I get 3 this year yay!!

Ok I'm going with...

Breathe Again: http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8331
And Then There Were None: http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8370
Like a G6: http://lostvideo.net/viewvid.php?vidid=8658
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an important request to the Council and the participating vidders:

People like Jemma and me, who live in Germany, constantly have the problem of many, many vids being blocked on Youtube due to copyright issues. There's a big quarrel going on between YT and GEMA, the German society for musical copyright enforcement, and that's why we can't watch so many vids on YT anymore.

In order to vote for all your vids in the Tournament we need to have an alternative link to the vids that are blocked on YT for German viewers.

I know, it's a pain to go back and check if the vid is available in Germany - and if not, to re-upload it to some other website.

But I'm afraid that otherwise we might simply not be able to vote for someone's vid if we only have a YT link that is blocked here in Germany

I would really, really appreciate it if the Tourney vids would all have alternative links!

Thank you!!!!!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an EXCELLENT point, Karolina, thank you for bringing that up! I added that into the main post and will repeat it here as well.

Quote:
Please make sure that your entries all have working links. If no one can view your vid, we'll have to disqualify it. Also, because Youtube is almost completely blocked in some countries like Germany and is often blocked in other countries around the world, PLEASE give your entries a secondary link to some other hosting place besides Youtube. Here is just a small list of some other streaming and downloadable hosts. If you need any help editing your secondary link into your video thread or with anything at all, please just let a Council Member know and we'll be glad to assist you! Thank you so much for your help with this!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Ais!
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Certainly, hon! I know what a HUGE pain that is. I've seen both you and Jemma have to struggle with trying to watch a lot of vids that have only a single YT link that's blocked for you. It's extremely frustrating, to say the least!

We definitely want everybody to be able to see all of the Tourney vids, no matter what part of the world they're in at the time! And the best way to do that is to have multiple links and make sure they're still working (and stay working through the entire Tournament.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: