Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape" by KajaM (Harr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: "Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape" by KajaM (Harr Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape" 07-07-2011
My take on the Prince's Tale, made before the final film was released and thus using non HP-footage as well. Don't watch if you don't want to know what happens in Deathly Hallows Part 2! Spoilers!
Fandom: Harry Potter
Song: Asleep by Emily Browning
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:24 (54MB MP4)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQNZO1bYeEA
http://www.vimeo.com/26097886(Password:kajavids)

Last edited by KajaM on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape by KajaM Reply with quote

That was really brilliant! I absolutely loved this chapter and you portrayed it incredibly well. If DH2 does half a good of job as this vid, I'd be satisfied. Amazing vid!
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beautiful!! You told Snape's story so well, really highlighted him as the unsung hero that he was. I can't get over how perfect this was. Every detail of the chapter was there. This completely blew me away well done!

cylune
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I call storytelling! It's amazing to see Severus' story being told like that... your love for the character really shows.
nightdancer342
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape by KajaM Reply with quote

Brilliant job!! You really showed the strengths and sorrow of the character. I loved your manips, sound clips and coloring. Very well done!
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you all so much for the lovely comments! *hugs all around*

Quote:
That was really brilliant! I absolutely loved this chapter and you portrayed it incredibly well. If DH2 does half a good of job as this vid, I'd be satisfied. Amazing vid!

Thank you, Dennis!
The chapter is definitely one of my favourite parts of the entire series. I, too, hope that they won't let us down on this part in the film.
Thank you for watching and commenting!

Quote:
beautiful!! You told Snape's story so well, really highlighted him as the unsung hero that he was. I can't get over how perfect this was. Every detail of the chapter was there. This completely blew me away well done!

Thank you so much, Amy!
I wish I could've integrated James Potter a bit more but I couldn't find any footage with a guy looking like James
I'm glad though that it seems to work that way, too.
Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it!

Quote:
That's what I call storytelling! It's amazing to see Severus' story being told like that... your love for the character really shows.

Thank you, Cinthia!
Well, you know me and my obsession with Snape.
I think DH2 will be a bit of a nightmare for me, in some parts. I can't believe I'm about to see the Prince's Tale (finally!) and that the whole sage is coming to an end
Thank you for your comment! I'm happy to hear that you liked the storytelling!

Quote:
Brilliant job!! You really showed the strengths and sorrow of the character. I loved your manips, sound clips and coloring. Very well done!

Thank you, Sara!
The manips were fun to make. I'm not a fan of audio editing though but I think the vid wouldn't have worked that well without a few quotes.
I'm glad you liked all that!
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape by KajaM Reply with quote

Awesome job well done. How did you like the movie, I thought they did this part really well, plus the whole controversy about Harry's father ha ha. Great video and great use of 'outside' clips to bring it all together.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape by KajaM Reply with quote

Quote:
Awesome job well done.

Thank you so much!

Quote:
How did you like the movie, I thought they did this part really well, plus the whole controversy about Harry's father ha ha.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I agree. I was quite happy with the Prince's Tale as well. I would've liked to see a lil' bit more of teenage Snape & teenage Lily, but I think they did really well on adult Snape before & after Lily's death.

And James! Ugh, don't even get me started! They've never really tried in the films to make him look like a "great man", did they? He was always a bit of a prat in the films, imo

Quote:
Great video and great use of 'outside' clips to bring it all together

Thank you for your kind words! Definitely have to make another Snape vid with the real footage, too, though!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape by KajaM Reply with quote

I thought this was really creative and well-done...I love the way you seamlessly included outside footage, and the song choice was perfect.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!
I still want to do a "proper" vid about the Prince's Tale... once I've gotten hold of a decent copy of the film. I'm glad it worked with the outside clips for you though. Thank you again for commenting!
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Sing Me To Sleep - Severus Snape by KajaM Reply with quote

N'aww this was so emotional, Karolina! The other footage you chose worked perfectly. This was so beautiful, gorgeous job
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, thank you, Jemma! Glad you liked it!
I had a lot of fun trying to tell the story with non HP-footage.... although I still really want to do a vid with the real footage, too.
I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms H – N All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: