Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Strange & Untrue" by SuperKC (The Vampire Di

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: "Strange & Untrue" by SuperKC (The Vampire Di Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Strange & Untrue" 06-02-2011
an ensemble video featuring elena, katherine, bonnie, caroline, stefan, jeremy, tyler, matt, damon, vicki, rose, anna, jenna, john
Fandom: The Vampire Diaries
Song: Open Your Eyes by Snow Patrol
Vidder: SuperKC
Length: 4:40 (43MBs mp4 or avi)

Link(s): http://stupid-happy.livejournal.com/5627.html
http://everydamnthing.net/2011/05/strange-and-untrue-vampire-diaries-ensemble/

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy to see KC and your vids back on LVI!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno if there's a better band than snow patrol for ensemble vids I honestly have lost interest in TVD with anything that doesn't involve Stefan/Caroline or Caroline herself lol I loved the montage from when the music picks up towards the ends; such powerful music and you picked awesome scenes to go with it; like all the hugging moments, i particularly liked the one of Elena shoving that guy off her lap and Caroline turning all vamp-badass gold from me

eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Strange & Untrue by SuperKC Reply with quote

Wow wow wow! This was so well done! I loved the song choice and the coloring was amazing, but what I especially loved was the slower beat use at the slower part of the song, and then how it just explodes at the end. I love this show so much, and this was really a perfect summary of why it's awesome. Well done!
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
So happy to see KC and your vids back on LVI!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dunno if there's a better band than snow patrol for ensemble vids I honestly have lost interest in TVD with anything that doesn't involve Stefan/Caroline or Caroline herself lol I loved the montage from when the music picks up towards the ends; such powerful music and you picked awesome scenes to go with it; like all the hugging moments, i particularly liked the one of Elena shoving that guy off her lap and Caroline turning all vamp-badass gold from me

Thank you Kat! You're so sweet! And it's been way too long.

I totally ship Stefan/Caroline (and well, Caroline/Tyler, and Caroline/Stefan/Tyler.... uh, I'm bad that way.) And I love this show in general. I have my own issues with Damon, but whatever, the rest of the show is good enough that I can overlook him. (And the terrible product placement.)

I always LOVED that shot of Elena shoving Jeremy off of her lap when Bonnie has her locked in the house when Stefan's in the tomb. I was totally determined to use it in this vid so I'm super stoked you liked it.

Thank you so much hon!

ETA: You know I searched and I could not find an ENSEMBLE non-shippy vid to this song. I was so surprised!

3611 wrote:
Wow wow wow! This was so well done! I loved the song choice and the coloring was amazing, but what I especially loved was the slower beat use at the slower part of the song, and then how it just explodes at the end. I love this show so much, and this was really a perfect summary of why it's awesome. Well done!

Thank you! I was really determined to make a great ensemble piece because I just love this show and there is a severe lack of ensemble vids for it. So thank you so much!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay for a new KC vid on LVI after far too long!

Anyway, I really enjoyed this! It's a great song anyway (I'm a sucker for Snow Patrol, what can I say? ) and you used it to great effect for the ensemble. I also loved how you let it build so naturally to that huge kick in at the almost 3 minute mark. I really loved that shot of Caroline seeing her fangs in the mirror and how it just had so much emotion to it with the music swelling up behind it.

Awesome work, I loved it! (And have already been back to watch it again while I was trying to type out this comment, lol! ) ♥!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Strange & Untrue by SuperKC Reply with quote

Great vid, KC!!! I love all the action-y stuff towards the end!
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Strange & Untrue by SuperKC Reply with quote

HOLY....WOWZA!!!! Absolutely INCREDIBLE vid!! I loved every single second of that! I really need to catch up on this show since I've only seen the first season but you totally rocked that vid and made me want to watch s2 right this second lol I adored the whole flow of the vid, how it all builds up to the ending...EPIC!! I'm at a loss for words, but basically, this was A-MA-ZING!!
EMMALOUISE
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Strange & Untrue by SuperKC Reply with quote

That was Amazing,such a perfect song choice,your clip choice was perfect.Fantastic.gold
SuperKC
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn: Thank you, thank you! I have probably said this a billion times but I had huge reservations about using this song because (at least in the past) it was a pretty popular vid song, but I did look around and had a hard time finding ensemble/non-shippy vids to it for any fandom, so I figured what the heck. Plus, like you said, it's a great song! Thank you again!

Uruviel: Thanks very much! That was definitely the funnest part to vid too!

emmasholi Wowza! Thank you for your amazing comment. Hee! I have seen this vid so many times through vidding it that I forget how impacting it was in my brain when I conceived it! So thank you for letting me know I achieved my goal!

EMMALOUISE Thank you, Emma!
BWQBProdz
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Strange & Untrue by SuperKC Reply with quote

WOW Fantastic Video =D Loved the clip choices, & the song is amazing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Other Fandoms O – Z All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: