Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Under construction! ;) Check here for site updates
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Under construction! ;) Check here for site updates Reply with quote

LVI is currently undergoing some work so you may find that several features aren't working correctly. We apologize for any inconvenience but we're sure that once the work is done, you'll like what we've done with the place.

Thanks so much for your patience! More announcements will be made as soon as we have something to report!

Current status:

June 1, 2011: We have lift-off! LVI is now open for accepting vids for all fandoms!

April 14, 2011: We're still unable to accept vids that aren't Lost or Lost crossovers, sorry. Thank you so much for your continuing patience while we're struggling with this issue. Whenever anything new happens, we'll keep you updated!

Feb 14, 2011: A rather large bump in the road has been hit in finishing the upgrading process. However, it's continuing to be worked on and we'll keep you appraised as things happen.

Jan 26, 2011: The pull-down menu submission error has been resolved. You should now be able to select your fandom(s) off of the pull-down menu if they're already on there and the submission should go through without an error.

Jan 26, 2011:
We're having a bit of a gremlin in our pull-down menu in the submission form at the moment, sorry to say. So if you're getting this error...

Quote:
Some required fields were left blank.
Click the Back button on your browser and try again.

...here's what to try:

If it's a Lost only vid, try selecting Lost off of the pull-down menu AND writing in Lost in the "add a fandom" box right next to it. If that doesn't work, then write in Lost in the Fandom 1 and Fandom 2 write in boxes.

If it's a crossover vid, try selecting and writing in Lost for Fandom 1, then for the other fandom, if it's already on the list for Fandom 2, go ahead and select it on the pull-down menu AND write it in. If it's a new fandom, then just write it in.

Hopefully that will bypass the error until we can track down the gremlin and blast it out of there. Definitely let us know if you still can't seem to submit a vid after trying all of the above or if you have some other issue and we'll do our best to get it taken care of as soon as possible!

Jan 8, 2011:
Work on both the main site and forum board is still in progress. Lost and Lost-crossover vids can again be posted to the site but we're not yet ready to accept vids for fandoms other than Lost or Lost-crossovers.

Last edited by Aislynn on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:02 am; edited 8 times in total
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work is progressing right along, we're glad to report! You're going to soon notice new parts of the forum board coming in and things being rearranged a bit.

We're temporarily not going to be able to post new vids onto the site until the next phase of work is completed but we thank you again for your patience and understanding and know that we'll get that part back up and running as soon as possible!

Also, even if you notice the ability to choose other fandoms come up in the submission form, we're not ready to accept them just yet, so please hold off on submitting anything other than Lost vids until we give the go-ahead. Thanks!

Last edited by Aislynn on Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xSoppySofax
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoop! lol yesterday i went through my videos, and have found about 9 already to submit. When its up and running even made the little picture/banners for them lol i'm so excited!! hehehe and i keep noticing little changes, like the submit thing and on your videos, i see it says what type of show it is now. Where you have added lost. So kool!

squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *RUNS AROUND HYPER* lol

*credit to stuff-and-thangs for the banner
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the end of an era.
                                 
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SawyerLittleton wrote:
It's the end of an era.

It is, but it's also the beginning of an exciting new era!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very well said, Julia!

There's no need to be sad, Mel! This will still be LVI, just now continuing on instead of coming to an end like Lost did, which would've really been an awful thing, IMO. Now, hopefully, people will still have a reason to come here and keep LVI active! And who knows? You may find a whole bunch of new fandoms that you'll like by seeing some vids for them! (That's pretty much how I got into all of the fandoms from the past few years, I got interested in them by the vids people were making for them. )

*hugs for everybody*
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eep, this is exciting!

art by me&tammy
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aislynn wrote:
Very well said, Julia!

There's no need to be sad, Mel! This will still be LVI, just now continuing on instead of coming to an end like Lost did, which would've really been an awful thing, IMO. Now, hopefully, people will still have a reason to come here and keep LVI active! And who knows? You may find a whole bunch of new fandoms that you'll like by seeing some vids for them! (That's pretty much how I got into all of the fandoms from the past few years, I got interested in them by the vids people were making for them. )

*hugs for everybody*

Couldn't agree with you more Aislynn! That's how I found Chuck, Big Bang Theory, and my new found favorite show Bones (thank you netflix!)

So excited to see the new LVI, even if I will miss the old LVI.

Hopefully I'll have more time to hang around lately. Last semester was a killer I had no time for much of anything.
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, thanks, Tammy! I certainly hope you'll have more time to hang out with us!

Annnnd your eyes are not deceiving you if you've noticed that the forum index has been shuffled about a bit. There'll be a few more changes still to come before we're done but hopefully it will be easy to navigate around and things will make sense in their new places.

Sorry also that we're still unable to post vids to the site just yet but hopefully that functionality will be back up and running soon. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding!
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeeeeek, I'm excited!

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooohhh, dis place is different.... *wanders around strange new world*

Me likey. ^^

art by me&tammy
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that things were changing as new sections and things moved...hahaha
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

(multi-fandom sub-forums!!!)
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing the finishing touches on my Barney/Teletubbies crossover vid as we speak. Like the new look, though I think Fan Art should be back down with TV and movies -- it seemed a bit more logical there IMHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Site Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: