Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate" by Akirehtur

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akirehtur
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: "Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate" by Akirehtur Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate" 06-08-2010
Long time no see, but now that my favorite show is over and since its been such a long time since I made a Lost vid, I just had to make one of my favorite TV-couple. I hope youll enjoy it.
Song: Losing your memory by Ryan Star
Vidder: Akirehtur
Length: 4:50 (160MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoaEEoqyuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoaEEoqyuo

Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was SO beautifully done! Great song choice and really lovely clip and audio choices, too! Awesome work!
deathwinged

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

that was beautiful! amazing vid! loved it!
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:10 am    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

That was absolutely incredible. I've never seen a better Jack/Kate vid. I wish I had half your talent.
Wildcat
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was absolutely amazing! I loved every bit of it, start to finish.

klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this was just stunning beyond words and brought tears to my eyes...I really have no words...it was touching and just beautiful <3 i left a comment on youtube as well <3
nikita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most beautiful Jate video. I can't stop watching it. Please can you give me the download link. I really want to save it.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

If a vidder is good then regardless of their opinion for what they're vidding, the product will generally be good and enjoyable. However it can sometimes feel too based on the technicalities. When a vidder makes a video showing the journey of THEIR ship whether it be PBJ, Jate, Skate, Suliet or any other pairing, then their passion for the couple drives the video to another level regardless of your opinion of their ship.

In your video you can see the anguish, pain, hope and joy experianced by Jack and Kate throughout the series. You showed to me your reasons for why you think these two belong together and I felt the emotion whilst watching. Maybe I'm biased because I'm a jater but this to me was a stunning example of a shipper video which all too often (I am guilty of this) become a chore to watch.

Your editing started simplistic and built to become more technical but never distracted from the story. If anything, it served as a device to help further the emotion as you overlayed the first jate kiss with the last. Understated and beautiful.

Your voice-overs were sparse but very well positioned making for a large impact.

As you can tell I really really loved this video and I'm sorry if I've gushed abit, I just really needed to tell you how awesome of a vidder I think you are and exactly why I loved this video.
lockedinabathroom
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is gorgeous. Wonderfully put together
This is one of my all time favourite songs too, and it worked perfectly for this vid
Im1oftheOceanic6
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:13 am    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this video.You did just about make me cry a few times watching it but that just showed me how well you did with picking the perfect clips for the song.You hit the true heart and emotions of this ship.My favorite part was at about 2:35 when Kate touches Jack's face in the purgatory/heaven world and you changed scenes to Jack and Kate's kiss in What Kate Did.The transition between the two scenes was seemless.I also really liked how you paralleled Jack looking up at the bamboo on day one with him watching Ajira fly over.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

God, that made me feel like crying! Amazing video! Your editing is just fabulous! Absolute perfection, well done!!
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

GORGEOUS!!! Great song, beautifully done video.
MeeMee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

OK I teared up from the beginning, LOVE it
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:50 pm    Post subject: Losing your Memory, Jack/Kate by Akirehtur Reply with quote

Absolutely spell-boundingly gorgeous! So the Jate video I would want for the end the idea of losing the memory of each other in the space between life and death and then their reunion in 'heaven' is how i interpret it - almost like a piece of art! And this is EXACTLY what this video is like - just a wonderful piece of vidding art. I adore it! it pulls at my nostalgic Jate heartstrings! - Gold and faved at YT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: