Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x17/18 - The End
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mestark
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
So apparently Mr Eko wasn't in the finale because the actor wanted more money

Not surprised, I had heard that he was the "problem actor" in the show. Most movies and shows have at least one actor that is unsatisfied, either with the work, the pay, or other issues. It's unfortunate.

But I stand by my theory. Eko's with Yemi. Yemi was the most important person in his life.
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Lol; shows how much the show needed him I know he had a big ego though; Dom talked about it once when they were shooting season 2; he said he didn't like shooting those scenes. I got the distinct impression they didn't get along.

basically he was a prick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Anyone feeling Lost nostalgia already!? a slight tearful when the last few scenes played but that was partly due to the emotional waterfall that Lost bombarded us with! And partly because I know I will miss it terribly!

Such a fantastic ultimate twist to the end - Lost had been letting me down recently with its predictability from the last couple of seasons but I never expected the flash sideways to be a limbo between Life and Death. The reunions were so brilliant and I'm so pleased they happened - I got particularly choked up on Charlie and Claire's reunion something that we had only been able to achieve in AU videos but fortunately did come! Jack and Kate's reunion could have been alot better but I'm beaming over Kate FINALLY saying I Love you - one of the best moments for me.

So can't believe that I never noticed ''christian shepherd'' before *rolls eyes* it shows that the whole theme of purgatory, redemption and the transition between this world and the next has always played a major part in Lost.

The things I was slightly disappointed with however was the fact that it was never explained as to how the Island ended up at the bottom of the ocean, what happened to Michael, Walt, Eko etc (although i glimpsed above that there may have been a problem with Eko's character doing the finale>? may have misread), how and why the Egyptian statue got there, no indication as to how long Hurley and Ben reigned on the Island, whether Ben made his peace with Alex (I guess that's why he stayed behind 'unfinished business'' and all) and just the general rush of certain scenes in The End e .g. MIB vs Jack.

Saddest thought for me (being a Jater) is the long seperation for Jack and Kate seeing as she may have lived til she was old before they were reunited again (AU VIDEOS FLASH TO MIND - OH THANK YOU LOST WRITERS!!!!)

Totally not a waste of 6 years of my life. Thank you Lost, you'll be missed dearly. ♥
SawyerLittleton
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No words.
                                 
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
Lol; shows how much the show needed him I know he had a big ego though; Dom talked about it once when they were shooting season 2; he said he didn't like shooting those scenes. I got the distinct impression they didn't get along.

I remember hearing he was a problem back when he was on Lost and it was one of the reasons why he left. I think him disliking Hawaii was just a cover.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saddest thought for me (being a Jater) is the long seperation for Jack and Kate seeing as she may have lived til she was old before they were reunited again (AU VIDEOS FLASH TO MIND - OH THANK YOU LOST WRITERS!!!!)

Totally not a waste of 6 years of my life. Thank you Lost, you'll be missed dearly. ♥ [/quote]

The island was under water because of the bomb.

Michael wasn't in the finale as one of the people in the church because he's a tortured soul on the island as one of the 'whispers'.

Honestly I think they had more in store for Walt but the actor grew faster then they realized (Evi Lilly stated it was puberty).

The actor who played Mr. Eko wanted more money, guess he never got it. LOL. (I don't think he got along with the other cast members either).

I also think that only the people the as a whole were close to were there.

I know a lot of people like Ben. He's a great character and I love Michael Emerson but I don't know if Ben should have been redeemed so quickly for what he did.

I view Ben as an opportunist. If MIB wasn't lying about the island Ben still would have been on his side, and I think he only changed his mind when he realized the island wasn't going to be his.

And I don't think he ever did anything for the natural good of the island either, he did things that he wanted to do.

Something I disliked was finding out Richard's job when he never did it.

If his job was supposed to help people why would he let Ben hurt the lostites the way they did if they were candidates?

Why allow him to treat them like crap and put them in cages the way he did?

I know Ben lied about seeing Jacob but why wouldn't Jacob go to someone? I thought season 3 was just weird and the Others VS The Losties when it seemed like the Others were supposed to protect them (As shown in season 6).

I was just confused by all of it.

And the kids, what happened to the kids? The brother and sister were they killed by the smoke monster in Sundown along with Cindy?

LOL sorry just so many questions now.
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg, guys. I cried so much! Yeah, I ended up being kinda late in watching it but I've seen it now and I...I'm not entirely sure what to say...

It's just a perfect way to end, I think. We got most our questions answered, and this finale dealt with what the show started out about - the characters and their relationships. And I think ending with that, as well as leaving us slightly confused as well, lol, is just a brilliant way to end and remain true to the show.

The Charlie and Claire scenes meant so much to me. I bawled so hard. My sister got annoyed by me, lol. I have actually been having dreams about a PB&J reunion and I think this was just what fans wanted. So amazing. I mean, Charlie bringing her the blanket and he actually has a tear in his eye and he seems confused as to why he's so emotional - "It's only a blanket." lol! THOSE LOOKS. Dom and Emilie were so amazing. I just can't get over Dom's teary "Claire!" before he kisses her. I am just so surprised and unbelievably happy that they got to be together again like this. I did not stop crying for ages! xD

And did you see them at the end??? Holding hands and leaning on each other lovingly. It is as Charlie said "like they've always been and always will be" <3 I am SO making .gif's and picspams for this. I can't rewatch the scenes without crying!!!!!

There are SO many other things I loved about this but I just wanted to point out the PB&J because I adore them and was so hurt when Charlie died and they were ripped apart. But this was just what I wanted! <3 It still feels strange, but I'm happy

The ending with Jack and his eye closing was also so poignant and beautiful. Oh and I felt like the Ana not being ready thing was a lame excuse But ah well, the rest was so amazing! Can't believe it's over

ETA: I forgot to add, when they had all had their "flashes" and remembered, and had those creepy smiles and especially Kate when she said they were "leaving", I half expected them to hop in a spaceship and fly off, lol! O_O I found it weird =P

Last edited by Jemmz on Wed May 26, 2010 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jemmz wrote:
Omg, guys. I cried so much! Yeah, I ended up being kinda late in watching it but I've seen it now and I...I'm not entirely sure what to say...

It's just a perfect way to end, I think. We got most our questions answered, and this finale dealt with what the show started out about - the characters and their relationships. And I think ending with that, as well as leaving us slightly confused as well, lol, is just a brilliant way to end and remain true to the show.

The Charlie and Claire scenes meant so much to me. I bawled so hard. My sister got annoyed by me, lol. I have actually been having dreams about a PB&J reunion and I think this was just what fans wanted. So amazing. I mean, Charlie bringing her the blanket and he actually has a tear in his eye and he seems confused as to why he's so emotional - "It's only a blanket." lol! THOSE LOOKS. Dom and Emilie were so amazing. I just can't get over Dom's teary "Claire!" before he kisses her. I am just so surprised and unbelievably happy that they got to be together again like this. I did not stop crying for ages! xD

And did you see them at the end??? Holding hands and leaning on each other lovingly. It is as Charlie said "like they've always been and always will be" <3 I am SO making .gif's for this. I can't rewatch the scenes without crying!!!!!

There are SO many other things I loved about this but I just wanted to point out the PB&J because I adore them and was so hurt when Charlie died and they were ripped apart. But this was just what I wanted! <3 It still feels strange, but I'm happy

The ending with Jack and his eye closing was also so poignant and beautiful. Oh and I felt like the Ana not being ready thing was a lame excuse But ah well, the rest was so amazing! Can't believe it's over

Jemma, reading your post makes me smile, hehe Yes, squeee! - I loved how they were holding hands and everything in the last scene! Sooo adorable <3 We finally got the happy PB&J ending we always wanted
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a lovely way to heal our broken PB&J hearts. I adored all the couple scenes, and felt like crying. But the PB&J reunion, and the last scene in particular were too amazing to hold back my tears!! I feel like there's been a void that's been filled or something, lol. I am so glad!

I am not sure where everyone "went to" with that bright light at the end, but I sure hope they all went and lived together happily like they all should have <3
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, that's exactly how I feel too I also loved the Jun and Shayid reunion, but the PB&J one, was just something special We've been waiting for a scene like this for years now, and finally we got it Seriously, I can't remember the last time I've been this happy a shipper Never before have I tryed to lose so much hope in a couple and then get such a perfect scene in the end The last scene with everyone in the church was so cute - it reminded me of Locke's dream-thing in the airport, cause they looked so happy and peacefull in both scenes
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg, me too about Locke's dream! And I felt like that too.

I found some .GIF's on LJ:
Spoiler:

made by lostwithme

And something minor, but I thought it was really strange how LIAM was just....there O_o lol

Something else interesting I noticed:
Spoiler:

The FATE bandages!

mestark
Novice Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one...hehe

Spoiler:

Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG Jemma I didn't notice the FATE bandages!! Good eye!

icon by becca
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As everyone knows, I loved the PB&J scene. But I also loved the mini-so-tiny-you-might-have-missed-it, Kate/Charlie scene. I loved her staring at him and remembering.
Is it just me or is the way she said 'thank you' heavy with implications? I think it's just me reading too much into it. I love the idea, and I plan to write a fic about it, that she's saying more than just thanks for bringing the blanket. She's saying thank you for him giving up his life for them; for loving and looking after Claire and so rewards him by giving him his memories back.
Ok, reading that back it sounds corny and cheesy and slightly like I'm rooting for Chate but I loved the look she gave him.
I also loved the hugs that didn't quite take centre stage in the montage - the Boone/Sawyer hug was just adorable and so was the Sayid/Charlie hug to name but a few

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I MISSED A BOONE/SAWYER AND A SAYID/CHARLIE HUG???? *needs to rewatch like right now*

art by me&tammy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: