Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6x13 - The Last Recruit
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: 6x13 - The Last Recruit Reply with quote

Centric:

Spoiler:

Multi

Synopsis:

Spoiler:

Alliances are forged and broken as the Locke and Jack camps merge

Have fun discussing this week's Lost! Please be respectful to everyone, and remember to check here -Spoilery icons/banners & general spoiler reminder

Last edited by Uruviel on Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EEEEE! I'm so psyched for this ep; I'm looking forward to (hopefully) a lot of claire involvement heck, jack's with his sister now!! i hope they bloody touch on that!

nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm so excited for this! I hope it as crazy as the promo makes it seem!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, the promo was really the best I've ever seen! I hope the ep lives up to it!!

icon by becca
Debbie
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littleton_pace wrote:
EEEEE! I'm so psyched for this ep; I'm looking forward to (hopefully) a lot of claire involvement heck, jack's with his sister now!! i hope they bloody touch on that!

i end up saying this every week but WORDDDD.

srsly! otherwise whats the point in them being siblings if it's not important enough to address on-screen!

Can't waaaait!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah they better address it! We've only been waiting 3 years!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much tinnitus! Stop being mean to those of us who have it, TV producers. Those last few minutes with the explosion set the ringing off something fierce.

So where do we lay bets on 'Sayid didn't actually shoot Desmond,' obviously?

I'm still confused with what they're doing with Claire, in particular with what I thought were rather weightless (so to speak) revelations with Jack and Claire that should have been far weightier and less choppy. I thought Jin/Sun at the end had more of a 'moment' than Jack and Claire did and (yes I know it's Jack but) would have thought that the Jack/Claire thing would have been addressed more.

Potential Sawyer and Sayid scenes in the AU makes me happy, but I'm easy to please in that regard.
Charlies_Innocence
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Sayid shot Desmond.

And I thought the on-island Jack/Claire stuff was okay.... It think it would've been weightier, actually if Claire was a bit more... normal? Not that I think she's crazy, cuz I don't, but she's definitely off. It was the off-island Jack/Claire stuff that bugged me, and that was cuz Matthew Fox can't act worth crap.

OMG, I'm worried for my sanity. Because I think Jack is right - they shouldn't be leaving! And I never side with Jack over Sawyer! But Sawyer was pissing me off soooo bad! I was really glad they let Claire come with them (even tho they prolly shouldn't be leaving).

Do you think Claire's right about FLocke? If you talk to him, you're "with" him? Do you think Jack is "with" FLocke? I'm unconvinced, because (this is so hard for me to say ) Jack is actually growing on me and I think so far this season he's really had the right idea on the Jacob/FLocke thing.

And HALLELUJAH, JUN REUNION!!! Although I'm worried because Jin said they'd never be apart again, and when people promise things like that, it never works out.

SO excited for next week!!!

icon by becca
HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think Sayid shot Des.

I wish I could believe a little bit that Sayid was maybe possibly talking about Shannon when he talked about the woman he loved being dead. But I've given up on any Shayid whatsoever.

Wtf, Sawyer?! I can't believe he would even consider leaving Claire behind. I mean, really....just can't believe it. God forbid I side with KATE, but she was right. They can't leave Claire. And Claire belongs with Aaron.

And in any case, besides her attack on Kate, which she fully apologized tearfully for, Claire hasn't done anything bad or wrong. So I say again.....wtf, Sawyer?! Why you bein' a jerk?

JUN REUNIONNNN!!!!!!! That made me very happy!!!!!!!!

I am absolutely loving this change in Jack's character. I have never liked him, and probably never *really* will....but I'm finally starting to believe he's doing the right thing. Go Jack.

Sideways world.....Desmond is a complete creeper. Claire needs to meet Charlie. Jack needs to quit being a douche. Matthew Fox needs to act better. Claire looked super pretty. We need to find out who David's mom is. That is all.

art by me&tammy
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a Jun reunion.

I've had it with Sawyer's chip on his shoulder. I liked him in season 5 because he was toned down a lot, and devoloped more, now he's degrading himself of who he used to be. I get he's upset about Juliet, but he's not the only one who's lost someone.

His reaction to Jack annoyed me. He almost wanted Jack to want to be the leader. He's always pushing at Jack to want to be the leader, like in season 5, when he made the comment about it being nice to go sleep because he didn't have to worry about anything, he was annoyed that Jack wasn't wanting to lead.

I felt Jack is right. Sawyer's too much of a 'shoot first, ask questions later'. He reacts without thinking. His 'they have pills for that' bugged me too.

I want to know why Charles changed his mind. I was beginning to think he was a good guy too, Zoe girl is so getting on my nerves.

I thought all the connections between the off island was interesting.

I was annoyed with Sawyer because Jack gives Sawyer this heartfelt talk, and Sawyer has to be a jerk about it.
DJC Productions
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's starting to look like Smokey's agenda from the start was to get Jack on his team because Jack is the true candidate to take over for Jacob. Smokey didn't seem to bothered that all the other candidates left, so I think that means that Smokey just needs Jack to leave the island. Which also explains why he saved his life, because without Jack he wouldn't be able to leave. It's only fitting that the final showdown of Lost will be Jack vs. Locke because those two have always been the most pivotal characters on the show.

Jack's character is great this season. I loved the way he jumped off the boat because Sawyer was bein an idiot. I also love his total disregard for the stupid love triangle, he understands finally that he has more important things to do.

I'm wondering what Sun meant when she said "It's him" when she saw Locke at the hospital. Maybe Sun is flashing between realities?

I'm not sure I buy that Smokie was Christian. It just seems like something Smokie would lie about and it doesn't really make much sense considering Jack saw Christian for the first time standing in water in "White Rabbit" and Micheal saw Christian on the freighter and we know Smokie can't go in water. Jack also saw Christian in FF, so I think we still need more clarification on that.

Jack is gonna fix Locke (I think we all predicted that). It looks like everyone's gonna meet up in the hospital.

This was definitely one of the better episodes of the season. I loved how we got to see all of the characters stories in both timelines, that usually only happens in finale episodes.

Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC Productions wrote:
It's starting to look like Smokey's agenda from the start was to get Jack on his team because Jack is the true candidate to take over for Jacob. Smokey didn't seem to bothered that all the other candidates left, so I think that means that Smokey just needs Jack to leave the island. Which also explains why he saved his life, because without Jack he wouldn't be able to leave. It's only fitting that the final showdown of Lost will be Jack vs. Locke because those two have always been the most pivotal characters on the show.

Jack's character is great this season. I loved the way he jumped off the boat because Sawyer was bein an idiot. I also love his total disregard for the stupid love triangle, he understands finally that he has more important things to do.

I'm wondering what Sun meant when she said "It's him" when she saw Locke at the hospital. Maybe Sun is flashing between realities?

I'm not sure I buy that Smokie was Christian. It just seems like something Smokie would lie about and it doesn't really make much sense considering Jack saw Christian for the first time standing in water in "White Rabbit" and Micheal saw Christian on the freighter and we know Smokie can't go in water. Jack also saw Christian in FF, so I think we still need more clarification on that.

Jack is gonna fix Locke (I think we all predicted that). It looks like everyone's gonna meet up in the hospital.

This was definitely one of the better episodes of the season. I loved how we got to see all of the characters stories in both timelines, that usually only happens in finale episodes.

I don't buy that Christian was smoky, if so, it's a cope out. I've never felt that Christian was smoky. Smoky doesn't care about the people's bodies he uses. He uses them to get something. So, when Christian held Aaron, he looked like a grandpa holding his grandchild for the very first time.

I love Jack this season, and especially this episode. I do think he cares about Kate, but he understands that he's got a reason on this island, and he's not going to let Sawyer get in the way of it.
Brooke
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM I the only one who was surprised that Hurley was okay with leaving the island? Wasn't he the one who was hell bent on making everyone stay? Now he's on the boat while Jack is swimming away.

He used dynamite and freaked out on everyone who wanted to leave. I find it's weird.

I'm also wondering if Claire is really detaching herself away from Locke because I don't think she is. I hope she is, but I am scared she's not. ]
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJC Productions wrote:

I think you're being a bit picky about the Christian in the water thing as it was a long time ago. Besides in human form smokey can seem to do a lot more like travel on a boat over water for one. The overwhelming evidence points to smokey so it made sense to me. The only real strange one is how he was on the freighter.

I'm glad everyone is finally coming together in both timelines. The episode left me wanting more though and I didn't really feel fulfilled cause it kept flitting between different people.

We've been waiting for a Jun reunion for the longest time and dealing with Sun just arriving too late to see Jin on more than once occasion meant I was more keen to shout thank god at last rather than aww how sweet.

It was cool to see Ilana again she's got the Juliet effect in getting hotter episode on episode.

People crticising Sawyer again I see ;P How the hell is he ever going to go follow Jacob? It would make no sense and frankly it makes no sense to me. He's been on the island for the longest time he's just lost his girl thanks to Jack who he is supposed to side with? I didn't like how he was so ready to ditch Claire but hey there's every chance she is still in league with Flocke and is ready to put a knife in Kate's back at any moment. Jack was happy to leave her it's Kate being naive again and wanting to make things right at any cost.

Hoping for better next week I never like the set up episodes like Follow the Leader where they are all over the place.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think (although note I am obviously a biased party!) that Sayid's detaching himself from Flocke, but I'm not so sure Claire is. She had too many moments tonight of 'Claire peers at Random Other Character suspiciously' where you could see the gears turning, and going in the wrong direction, so to speak.

Didn't even think about Hurley this episode, admittedly, since he got maybe two lines after Jack took over the leadership role at the start of the episode. But now that you point it out, he should get a nod, and he didn't, yeah.

This goes in crazy theories, but I noticed the similarity tonight:

Maybe it's just the facial similarities (and checking IMDB would doubtless prove me wrong), but I was kind of thinking that Island Kid (who looked like a Lost Boy from Hook, haha) was David Shepherd. I'm spoiler-free, and I'd much more wholeheartedly believe it's either Jack or Locke (because I don't think David is important), but facially when the kid grinned, he looked a hell of a lot like the actor playing David. In no way am I stating it's a serious idea, but... did anyone else notice the squinty eyes/wide smile thing, or is it just me?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: