Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vidding Project Help: Your Best Scenes From Lost

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 pm    Post subject: Vidding Project Help: Your Best Scenes From Lost Reply with quote

Hello I know I've not been around for a while but I've not been well and moved house etc, etc lol.
I've got this vidding project in mind. It's called Lost: The Final Flashback and basically highlights some of the best scenes over the series. I'm not just talking in terms of smushy relationship scenes but some of the moments which perhaps werent impressive back then but now have a powerful connection to what's going on now.
So I'd like to know your top ten scenes over the course of the show and why. If I use any of them I'll credit you because there's a staggering amount to choose from. I'm going to use more than ten scenes obv because ten is just too few.
As you know Lost is coming to a close soon so I want to make this video to remind people of some of the moments which makes this show so fantastic. Thank you for reading x

HobbitRockGod
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooohhhhh.....good question!! Very tough question. All right, let's see....

Eryn's Top 10 Lost Moments
(in no particular order)

1. I know I'm one of very few people who would list Hearts&Minds as a favorite episode, but I love it. Boone's dream sequence with him hiding in the tree with Shannon, and then the very end with him following Locke into the jungle....love it. Also I think it's an interesting parallel to the end of one of the recent episodes, when Catch a Falling Star was playing and everyone followed FLocke into the forest.

2. Reunion scenes. Like when Sawyer, Jin, and Michael are reunited with everyone after the raft explodes, and when Kate and Jack get back to the beach at the end of One of Us and everyone is all happy to see them and stuff. Yeah.

3. Charlie throwing his heroin into the fire at the end of The Moth. Big moment for him. It proved he was stronger than he thought he was.

4. Claire talking to Aaron at the end of Maternity Leave. That little speech about "now I know we're supposed to be together!" makes me cry. Poor Claire.

5. When they got ahold of the freighter at the end of S3. It was all "whoa omg!" because maybe they were gonna get rescued, but then again it WASN'T PENNY'S BOAT, so what was gonna happen? ...Season three ended with a nice cliffhanger.

6. The big reveal as to WHO WAS IN THE COFFIN!!

7. Aaron's birth/Boone's death. I thought it was interesting how Claire basically gave birth at the exact moment that Boone died....I liked the circle of life stuff going on there.

8. The montage in the S1 finale of everyone boarding the plane. I hope we get something like that at the end of this finale season....

9. The end of I Do. Very suspenseful and I was honestly worried at the time that Sawyer was going to die. Surprisingly (since I'm not a Kate fan), I Do is one of my favorite episodes.

10. Benry Gale's speech in....I can't remember what episode....maybe it was The Whole Truth? When Sayid, Ana, and Charlie had gone off to look for his balloon and he started saying what might happen to them if he wasn't actually who he said he was. LOVED that, it was so creepy and Michael Emerson did so well with it.

Eesh, that was difficult. I bet I could come up with a lot more. XD Again, those are just in the order I thought of them, not in order of which I liked best.

art by me&tammy
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scenes that jump out at me. I'm drawn more to imagery than to particular people:

1) Shannon screaming in the wake of the plane crash, in the pink cardigan. Stark and powerful image, and probably the first clue we had that this might not be a 'normal' show.

2) Jin, Michael, and Sawyer pushing off on the raft at the end of S1 and the rest of the folks on the beach cheering for them. One of the few moments of unadulterated happiness.

3) Desmond's montage in the hatch at the start of S2. Great way to throw a what-the-hell moment at people and keep the momentum going.

4) Any Dharma video. Possibly the one from 'Orientation' is the strongest, but Karl's shock-treatment video with the Buddhist sayings and footage pulled from 'The Ring' is pretty nifty, too.

5) "Two sides, one black, one white." Locke's backgammon speech to Walt.

6) The plane breaking up in the sky as the people at Otherville watch.

7) The genocide aftermath at Otherville when Ben meets up with Richard. Reminds me of media coverage of Jonestown, which I'm sure it was supposed to do.

8) Locke's plane vision montage with Boone being the remarkably unconcerned 'assistant.' That was just cool, and I liked the overexposed look to it, and the weirdness of it.

9) The foot of the Tawaret statue.

10) The cave of names. I know, it's more recent, but it's still one hell of an image (and kudos to the font people for choosing stark, slightly off-kilter handwriting in which to write the names.)

(ETA: It was supposed to be season-by-season, but I wound up re-editing and jumping around.)

Last edited by thefilmchick on Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah thank you there were some great scenes you've both picked out the whole "one's light, one's dark" is a moment that particularly strikes me so I'm glad you picked that out
Plus the whole circle of life thing was pretty cool as well. Not sure if it had any significance in the grand scheme of things but it was quite cool, as well as sad (ri.p. Boone)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Whatever All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: