Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU" by Belle MacFarl

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belle MacFarlane
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:16 am    Post subject: "Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU" by Belle MacFarl Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU" 03-06-2010
March 2010 contest submission. Continuing on from What Kate Does - Kate and Claire dont part ways, instead they settle down and raise Aaron together.
Song: Wonderwall by Duffy
Vidder: Belle MacFarlane
Length: 2:23 (70.7MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiiYFD58azA

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

This was really sweet and wonderful! I think its one of your best
nikkimonique
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this. I loved the slow motion . It Went really well with the mood of the song and it gave me a happy and peaceful feeling. good luck in the contest.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the mood you established throughout much of the video--shots were clear and intentional, and you had progress through the narrative. The ending felt a bit abrupt, and I think you could have stretched it out a little longer.

The Lady Gaga intro was good, but going from that to 'Wonderwall' was a bit odd--I was expecting a faster-paced video. "Teeth teeth teeth" could use a little more beat emphasis, also (as opposed to the same effect), since it builds to that line.

Technical notes:

Credit clip "Directed by Paul Edwards" around 0:40.

The switch from Kate to Claire at 1:50 felt a bit jumpy and too fast-paced for the slo-mo footage it was around.

Claire's voiceover at 2:15 was garbled; I think that's her fault and not yours, though, so won't dock you for it.

Interesting work, though!
Aislynn
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, that was really sweet! This version of the song really worked well for the story, IMO! I enjoyed it!
Charmed_Charlee
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Oooh I've never heard this version of Wonderwall but I must say it's very cool
I liked the beginning with Catch a Falling Star, I always find when Claire did that quite eery lol.
Your vid was very cute and sweet
Great job and good luck in the contest
eloramoon
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Aww, that was very sweet! Good luck in the contest!
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooh; i really liked the merge from Emilie singing into Duffy's song; very nice. I thought the story could have used more depth to it. One minute they're in hospital; then living together I assume, but I didn't really feel their relationship grow. I really loved the mood you created though especially at the end with the slow motion clips Good job hun!

Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Very sweet vid, nice work.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Such a lovely vid Millie! I thought your song choice was really interesting but I loved it, the whole slow-mo, peaceful feel to this vid was so nice! It just seemed so fitting with the storyline Wonderful job, I really enjoyed watching!
Lostwithoutdom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

aww this was very cute! I loved this version of wonderwall, it fit so well with the story. Nice job!
Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Youre My Wonderwall :: Kaire AU by Belle MacFarlane Reply with quote

Aw, so wonderful and sweet I really loved this song, wow, never heard this version before! I loved how it was slow but really beautiful and meaningful for your story! You used all the perfect Kaire clip choices and everything just flowed together serenely with them two together and raising Aaron, just lovely! The ending clip was so cute too, with Claire touching Kate's shoulder, loved that to bits! Good luck in the contest!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: