Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"The Ice Is Getting Thinner" by starryeyesxx

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starryeyesxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: "The Ice Is Getting Thinner" by starryeyesxx Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"The Ice Is Getting Thinner" 01-30-2010
Sun is married to Jin, but was having an affair with Sawyer that ended before they all came to the island. Then they all crash on the island and Sun and Sawyer have to deal with their past.
Song: The Ice Is Getting Thinner by Death Cab For Cutie
Vidder: starryeyesxx
Length: 3:40 (46.3MB WMV)

Link(s):
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=ylw0m8ok5pf

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome idea for a triangle!! sunyer? Oh yer! this was so great!! The connection with the flowers was genius! all the AU scenes were so well done. And such a great story; for Sun and Sawyer having to deal with their past on the island. especially the "are you gonna tell Jin' part and when she comes to sawyer's bedroom in the nightie; that was awesome! your masking on their reunion was pretty well done too!! definitely better then my first few goes the kiss was really great i loved sawyer's smile just after and the ending I cant believe no one's done that yet, have Sun screaming at sawyer, it fit SO perfectly! excellent song choice too; I simply adore your vids

Jinlovessunxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: The Ice Is Getting Thinner by starryeyesxx Reply with quote

Oh yesssss--Sawyer and Sun!!!!!!!! Even though I love my Jun, this couple is just so awesome! My second fav. ship is Skate which has Sawyer in it, so the two of them mixed is pretty darn awesome! This video was outstanding in every single way! Your AU story was superb and you showed it coming to life so wonderfully and real, it was captivating. Your clip choices were absolutely perfect to show how they love eachother! The beginning was great from 0:06 to 0:08 you had Sun's flashback face zoom into her face. Oh my, and the part with Sawyer's flower and then Jin's was soo well done and perfect. Your lyric interpretation was really awesome, especially at "buried our love" with Sawyer shoveling the sand. The manipped hug was wonderful and so sweet, lovely job with that! The ending was absolutely incredible, the perfect clip choices of Sun screaming down at Sawyer in the water..oh.my.gosh. This was epic and I loved every second. Oooo and yay for Death Cab, this was an excellent song choice
FrecklesPhoenix
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's not much to add to what the ladies up there have already said, but I just really loved this video. It was an excellent AU that involved Sawyer (always a plus in my book...) and Jun (I love that couple!!). Great manips, the masking wasn't perfect, but it wasn't distracting and the rest of the video was so amazing that it didn't even matter. (By the way, I'm not judging your masking skills at all because I've never even attempted and I bet any attempt I did make would suck. ) Anyway, the ending definitely was the best. Well manipulated. Really great work.

GOLD.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: The Ice Is Getting Thinner by starryeyesxx Reply with quote

WOW this is an excellent AU!!! Great manips, esp. the kiss! Awesome vid!
starryeyesxx
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject: The Ice Is Getting Thinner by starryeyesxx Reply with quote

Thank you guys for the gold! & I was surprised that nobody had done the helicopter manip either because that's the idea that this whole video stemmed from. It's also because I love shipping Sawyer with just about everyone lol
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:35 pm    Post subject: The Ice Is Getting Thinner by starryeyesxx Reply with quote

Really amazing job! I particularly loved the way you used actual moments that had happened in the show, and used them perfectly to weave a really great, creative story. The helicopter manip, and the Sawyer in bed/Sun coming in one, were my favorites.
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: The Ice Is Getting Thinner by starryeyesxx Reply with quote

WOAH!!!! That was absolute perfection!!!! Fantastic story idea, and kudos on the pairing too! All your au scenes were perfectly pulled off and you just told the story soooo convincingly!! You could really feel the emotion in the story and for the characters. I'm extremely impressed by this!!!! Gorgeous colouring too and your song choice seemed so brilliant, I loved the whole mood and atmosphere it had! Brilliantly, brilliant work!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: