Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Youve Got The Music In You" by KajaM
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LVI Bot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: "Youve Got The Music In You" by KajaM Reply with quote

"Youve Got The Music In You" 07-24-2006
A feel-good Hurley and Charlie vid about the ups and downs of life, about friendship, hope and the girls they love.
Song: You Get What You Give by New Radicals
Vidder: KajaM
Length: 3:58 (26,5MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bQ0xChnAiE
http://www.zshare.net/video/musicbigkajam-wmv.html

Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY, it's here! This was put up incredibly fast, I almost feel guilty - I was only wishing for you to finish the other day!

This video was nothing short of excellent, dude. The song was pretty much made for Hurley and Charlie - the New Radicals seems like a band that could be found on Hurley's discman, and the rises in the song almost sound like Charlie's high pitch; I'm sure that wasn't your intent, but if it was -- good ears! The song made this vid just all the more lovely.

And the vid itself? Omg. *thud*

This vid was like an essay, comparing these two characters whom I had no idea could have so much in common. Particularly their love for music - I mean, we all obviously knew that Hurley was a music whore, and that Charlie is an ex-rockstar, but when you put both of those elements in one video it's like "Woah. I never really thought of that."

...Which brings me to your awesome editing skills! Putting certain scenes back to back, like both Hurley and Charlie struggling with their abandonment issues/nobody taking them seriously worked REALLY well. I ended up having a load of sympathy for each at the end of the video, and admired their friendship even more. We didn't get to see much of it in S2, but your video definitely restored my faith and hopes for a good, solid friendship between the two in S3.

And of course, it helps that EVERYTHING in this vid was on beat, and matched the lyrics of the song. It all flowed so nicely. The color/lighting was extremely appealing as well, and made the video kind of dreamlike, as if Charlie and Hurley couldn't have ever dreamed to have a friend like the other by their side. (There's me, looking too deep into things again, lmao.)

This was just a GREAT vid, Karolina! No, it was amazing. It was like two seperate character studies, mixed together to tell a great story. Total kudos goes to you!

Oh, and props to you for using that Dom/Jorge blooper. They're hilarious together.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't expect the vid to be here so quickly and even less to get such an amazing review so quickly.

Thank you so so much, Michelina! *big hug*
I was totally speechless when I read your comment!
I'm about to go to work and your comment gives me a perfect start into this day! *hugs again*

Some notes on that vid:

1.) As Michelina already said, this song is just made for Charlie and Hurley! I heard it again for the first time in a long while some weeks ago and I knew I had to do this vid.
2.) This is my... what... fourth Hurley vid? So in case you haven't noticed: I HEART HURLEY!
3.) The opening scene is a "silent dedication" to my all-time-favourite "Wonderboy".
4.) OMG! Marcus! I'm becoming a Hurlielle shipper!
5.) The original song is way over 5 minutes, so unfortunately I had to shorten it as I didn't want the vid to get boring.

Btw, here's another link. It's smaller size (320x240; 19,8MB), but better quality, IMO: http://www.zshare.net/video/musickajam-wmv.html

And, last but not least, the lyrics as I don't know whether everything is understandable right away (especially the end of the song):

Wake up kids
We got the dreamers disease
Age 14, they got you down on your knees
So polite, we're busy still saying please
Friendnemies, who, when you're down ain't your friend
Every night we smash a Mercedes-Benz
First we run; and then we laugh till we cry
But when the night is falling
and you cannot find the light, light
You feel your dreams are dying
Hold tight

Chorus:
You've got the music in you
Don't let go
You've got the music in you
One dance left
This world is gonna pull through
Don't give up
You've got a reason to live
Can't forget
We only get what we give

I'm coming home baby
You're touch, give it to me now

Four a.m. we ran a miracle mile
we're flat broke but hey we do it in style
The bad rich
God's flying in for your trial
But when the night is falling
You cannot find a friend, friend
You feel your tree is breaking
Just bend

(chorus)

This whole damn world can fall apart
You'll be ok, follow your heart
You're in harms way, I'm right behind
Now say you're mine

(chorus)

Health insurance, rip off, lying
FDA, big bankers, buying
Fake computer, crashes, dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love, and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes
Run to your mansions
Come around
We'll kick your asses!
Don't let go
One dance left
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved that vid, Karolina. Honestly, it just rocked and you edited it so well...it was pretty uplifting at times too. And I yelled "YAY!" when I saw you'd put the Hurlielle hug in and not the Hubby kiss!!! And cool, you're becoming a Hurlieller.

LMAO @ Ethan's face in the "Marilyn Manson" bit. That was great. Infact that whole last minute of the vid with the quick clips of things was brilliant. ...Even more brilliant than the rest of the vid.

This kinda reminded me of my "Give Me The Beat Boys" vid showing their connections with music, except it had a more uplifting song and didn't involve Sawyer...oh, and then there's the fact it was a million times better.

Great job.

It's official - Aislynn is 36. Add a 0 to the end of that and you've got a full circle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your wonderful comment, Marcus!

I gotta admit that I haven't seen "Give Me The Beat Boys" yet, but I'll watch it as soon as I'm back from work. (Woot! I missed a Hurley vid? )

And concerning Hurlielle: Well, I'm getting more and more attracted to that idea. Hurley deserves some good, honest love, so why not from Danielle? And the lyrics ("don't give up... you've got a reason to live") just sooo screamed for Hurlielle.

Oh, and Ethan had to be Marilyn Manson.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* I wanted the first comment. I stayed near my computer the whole day refreshing the page. But unfortunately, the vid was posted at 2 in the morning for me!

Now, anyway, it's time for my long winded review. I have to beat Michelina!
So, here goes.

Dude, that totally rocked!!!

*hearts* Aislynn, Kaja, Rachel and Steph
*Rips whatzit"
Shankle
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH yeah, one more thing.......
Mine! Mine! It's all mine! Cool Cool Cool Well, other people can see it, too, of course! But deep in my little apple-shaped heart, I know that Kaja meant this for meeeee!!!

*Rips whatzit"
Spiral Static
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah, that was really, really awesome KajaM!!

I love Hurley/Charlie videos, and this one is by far the best one ever! Such a cool song to use, it was so upbeat and fun to watch. Loved your use of beat too, really cool editing!

Great job!

Banner By Nokoolaidforme.
KajaM
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, thank you so much, guys!

Shankle wrote:
OH yeah, one more thing.......
Mine! Mine! It's all mine! Cool Cool Cool Well, other people can see it, too, of course! But deep in my little apple-shaped heart, I know that Kaja meant this for meeeee!!!

It's all yours, hon!

I knew that I had to dedicate this vid to you from the moment you told me that you're working on a Hurley/Charlie vid, too. I mean, c'mon... we're both working on a Sawyer and a Hurley/Charlie vid at the same time? Great minds think alike, eh?
I can't wait to see your vid! It seems like you're putting a lot of work and effort into it, so I'm sure it will be awesome!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favourite part: When Dave is falling into the sea and then Charlie chucks his statue in the sea awesome! The audio cut was a lil dodgy but I loved the scenes after that. Ethan as Marilyn Manson Excellent clip changes to the beat, lyric use and a really good 'feel good' vid I have a soft spot for them Great job Kaja!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that the audio cut isn't great but I had to choose between cutting the song down or leaving it the way it is and thus risking that the vid might get boring. I decided to do the dodgy cut.

And thanks for your lovely feedback, Paul!
The parts with Dave falling down and Charlie throwing away the statute where the ones that came to my mind right away, luckily (apart from "You've got a reason to live"... but this part is pretty obvious tho, isn't it? ).
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP

*Rips whatzit"
Hobbes
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was so sweet! (both connotations) Such a great Charlie/Hurley friendship video.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michelina
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KajaM wrote:
Wow, I didn't expect the vid to be here so quickly and even less to get such an amazing review so quickly.

Thank you so so much, Michelina! *big hug*
I was totally speechless when I read your comment!
I'm about to go to work and your comment gives me a perfect start into this day! *hugs again*

Not a problem, m'dear! *tacklehugs back* I meant every word! Your vids are such eyecandy, I literally squee-ed when I saw this got a CP. *dances*

Shankle wrote:
Now, anyway, it's time for my long winded review. I have to beat Michelina!
So, here goes.

Dude, that totally rocked!!!

LOL, word. That sentence pretty much summed up my sentiments, so props to you for making it short and simple, rofl.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, I get a great start into a new day. You guys are awesome!

I was totally happy about the CP because this was one of the very few vids I didn't hate right after finishing it. (How comes that you often end up hating your newest vid after just having finished it? )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: