Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Tribute to Charlie" by blackwolf1480

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: "Tribute to Charlie" by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"Tribute to Charlie" 11-01-2009
My very overdue tribute to my favorite character. This is my first video ever using any program so please comment and enjoy!
Song: Charlie by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Vidder: blackwolf1480
Length: 2:06 (1KB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmg7UjPBryI
None

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahaha; that was really great and of course, perfect song choice loved the lyric interp too! With the bird nice use of WMM's albeit limited effects and transitions loved the end, all that sutff down in the hatch really great for your first vid!!

blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

Aw, thanks! That measn a lot
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg This is your first vid! And with WMM? Such an awesome job you've done with this! And I'm so happy to see another Charlie fan here! The effects in this were perfect! Not too much and not too little. Keep up the great work, cause this was amazing!
Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

I remember watching Charlie vids to this song long ago before he died but it was really nice to see this as a tribute to him and his whole life on and off island I think this is one of the best I've seen using this song, which is very approapriate btw I really enjoyed your beat use and lyric intepretation - the "scientist" bit actually made me giggle, hehe! Love your clip choices. And I really love the end with him smiling and the "am I alive?" question.
This is really fabulous for your first vid, let alone a vid with WMM so you did an amazing job! Great vid!
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

Lost-majs: Charlie fans unite! Haha, thanks for your comment. I look forward to working on more projects!

Jemmz: Thanks a bunch! I also remember seeing videos using this song, but I loved the song so much I had to use it. I'm glad I made you giggled. I prefer light comical videos to deep serious ones. I'm glad you liked the ending. I was hoping people would catch on that it's what Dom wrote on his hand at Comic Con 09.
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

Finally a vid from you! Really good for your first!!! There were some really cool effects in there! And the song choice was excellent! I've never heard that song before & it worked SO well!
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:56 am    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

Uruviel: I know finally! And thanks
emmasholi
Council Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

This was absolutely brilliant for your first ever vid! Loved the song choice and how you used it hehe your lyric interpretation was fab! I loved how interesting you kept it with the short clips and the effects you used were really cool and fitting too, like with the heart transition you used Fab work and really enjoyable to watch!
FaradayLinus
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loved it! great job onn your first vid!! always nice seeing videos to Charlie. you did so well with effects and lyric interpetation, cause i know WMM is limiting. but great job! I still miss Charlie lol
blackwolf1480
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:39 am    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

Emma: Thanks so much! I'm glad you liked the heart transition.
FaradayLinus: Thank you!
Everyone: Thanks to those who awarded this a medal! I didn't think I'd win anything
klost004
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait...WMM?? you did an AMAZING job for your first video and on WMM...awesome job!!! love charlie <3
thefilmchick
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:04 am    Post subject: Tribute to Charlie by blackwolf1480 Reply with quote

Reviewing again (since I had the chance to load up the videos at work): Kudos for choosing an appropriate song. (Warren Zevon had a song called 'Charlie's Medicine,' if you're interested!)

Hurley dancing to the beat = A+

I also liked the wavy effect early in the video--would have liked to see that pop up a little more throughout.

Good job with the breakdown/guitar riff at the end--that was all on the beat.

Technical nitpicks: Credits every now and again and a flash around 1:15-16. Minor ones, though. As a 'personal taste' thing, the sketch outline part didn't quite work for me, but that's more a matter of individual taste than a technical quibble.

Well done!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: