Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help Needed!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:26 pm    Post subject: Help Needed! Reply with quote

I was going to post this in my art thread but thought it might get more views seperated from my art thread so here it is.

I want to make some LOST wallpapers using screencaps, at least one per MAJOR couple IE: Jate, Skate, PB&J, Suliet, Jacket, Despenny.

But i need some help. I need some Epic scenes of these couples and some good text to put on them. Like for instance the PB&J "last kiss" from Greatest Hits, or the "We have to go back" scene with Jate. Something along those lines with either a good line or two from a song that's fitting, or maybe even a line from the show. Any suggestions are great. This is the look I'm going for on the wallpapers.

Council Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Re: Help Needed! Reply with quote

Hm, well from a PBJ standpoint, one of my fave scenes is from RBA when charlie says "I won't leave you, Claire. Promise." And you could use that scene from exodus when they hug and when she's struggling against him because she wants to go find Aaron too

Jate...hm, something nice back home? "I'm so glad you changed your mind; I'm so glad that you're here" with the kiss/ass grab scene and the proposal scene maybe?

Despenny - the reuinion or the birth of Charlie would be my fave Epic scenes of there's, or the phone call. and the quote. "I love you Penny, and I'll never leave you again." or whatever it is

Skate...they aint my fave pair but my fave scene of there's is the kiss before the skex in the cage where sawyer says "i wanted you to believe that we had a damn chance."

Jacket...hm...i was never really a fan of them so i dont know any quotes, but i love that aloe vera scene i think in 3x09. and their kiss in The Other woman, or the hug I think is more emotive ;P

Suliet - again im not a fan, but the quotes of "i love you/I love you back" are probably the best ones for them, perhaps with their happy family-ness of LaFleur with Jules cooking?

Does that help??

cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo I have a few suggestions:

Suliet - Major fan! So I think that the most emotive scenes for them would definitely be when Sawyer is trying to hold on to Juliet's hand in the final episode (maybe just the screenshot of their arms gripping each others?) and another good screenshot would be the first kiss we see of them where Sawyer brings Juliet the flower. A good quote for them would probably be when Juliet says to Sawyer "If I never meet you, then I never have to lose you" unless you want it to be a happy quote then something like "Is three years long enough to get over someone....Absolutely" when Sawyer talks to Horace?

Jate - Definitely the proposal scene - possibly after he's asked and they're hugging. And a close up of Kate's happy face because that is more emotive than Jack's I think. And although I don't have this version of their first kiss but there's a shot of them far away where Kate's hands are on Jack's chest and they've just stopped kissing.
And a quote that maybe doesn't relate to them as a couple but what they've said to each other like Jack talking about the surgery he did with the girl "The fear was so real" as it has undertones for the ups and downs of Jate. Or the quote that Kat gave would be perfect too ^^

Skate Not a fan AT ALL. But there are some sweet moments between them. I think a good close up of those two would be when they're looking at each other in the Othersville at night - Sawyer is now with Juliet - and their look at each other just seems to say everything. (from Namaste 5.09) The passionate cage kiss would be fitting and then maybe that quote from "Whatever Happened, Happened" episode where Kate breaches the conversation with Sawyer about them. I can't remember what she says but its something like "Do you think we would have made it?" I have absolutely no idea what it is! But it sums them two up I think (Maybe a Skate fan could tell you the quote)

DesPenny Most definitely their reunion, the scene of them kissing. I also think that the screenshot of the engagement ring in the water after Des chucks it away would be pretty powerful as it indicates how far they've come. I don't know hardly any DesPenny quotes but Kat's suggestion is good!

Jacket "He knows how I feel about you." quote most definitely, as this was the only real time that Juliet's feelings were expressed. And I don't think there's any other quotes that really suggests anything - well not to my knowledge anyway.
The reaction maybe of Jack when she says that? His hand on her face before they kiss? tbh I don't think there is much in that kiss to put it up its doesn't scream any kind of emotion to me, but the hug is better.

Jun Unfortunately everything being in Korean, I can't remember any quotes for them. But I think the scene where Jin gives Sun that flower OFF the Island is so cute, or the hugging scene when she finds out she can marry him. OR when they're talking before he gets on the raft, the emotion there is so lovely and raw. OOOO just thought of a quote actually well not word for word, but its before Jin leaves on the raft and he says something like "I'm going to save you.." or something along those lines.

Good luck!!

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kat and Rosie---those are fantastic ideas. I seriously need to re-watch Lost--*raises hand* I can say that i have only actually watched te episodes all the way through once--every other time--I usely just scan through them and watch only the cute PB&J/Despenny/Sulliet stuffs but i seriously need to actually rewatch the episodes--cuz half of the stuff you brought up for Skate and Jate i dont' remember--mainly cuz i'm just not a fan of those couplings.
Council Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, my fave Jun scene is when he says "I love you" in English to her, I think its in The Whole Truth when he's helping her fix her garden

tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kat to the rescue some more thanks--I'm gonna start gathering some screencaps for them either tomorrow or Saturday--depends on how busy I am tomorrow until then--any more suggestions would be fantastic--these kinds of walls are so much fun to make
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a hard-core SKATER i think these wuotes and the scenes too arre pretty Skatey !here:

1. "One outcast to another? I'd think about making more of an effort!"-Here their look would be perfect as the pics! (Season 1,Playing Golf episode)

2."You taste like strawberries!You taste like fish biscuits"!-Again their look,their smiles as the pics!(Cage scene)

3.Or more emotional ones are "Please,i will do anything you want!Close your eyes Freckles" (the scene where Picket wants to kill Sawyer)

Or when he beats Sawyer- "Do you love this guy? Yes i love him! "

But there are a lot more of great ones...if these arent good,let me know

"if two people are meant to be,eventually they'll find their way"
tjmack1986
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those sound awesome! Thanks! I love your avie by the way---Josh is way hot in that picture--we'd you find it?
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad i could help! - I know isn't he stunning
You can find it almost everywhere,but here's an example:

http://lylyford.blogspot.com/2009/12/josh-holloway-tv-guide-outtakes-and.html

Its his new Tv Guide outtake!

"if two people are meant to be,eventually they'll find their way"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Fan Art All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: