Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Content of Seas on 1 DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Content of Seas on 1 DVD Reply with quote

So, yeah. Found this.

DISC 1
* “Pilot” commentary by creator-writer-director J.J. Abrams, creator-writer Damon Lindelhof and non-writing executive producer Bryan Burk. The commentary is unusual in that it lasts longer than the actual episode; through the miracle of “branching” DVD technology, Abrams is able to (if you’re watching in “commentary mode”), stop the episode and switch to behind-the-scenes footage, over which he continues to comment at length about certain aspects of the episode.

* “Walkabout” commentary by actor Terry O’Quinn, writer David Fury and director Jack Bender.

* If you have a DVD-ROM drive, you can access the “Lost Scriptscanner,” which allows you read the entire pilot script while following along with the episode. You can click on any line of dialogue in the script in immediately interact with that scene.

* Widescreen versions of “Pilot,” “Tabula Rasa” and “Walkabout.”

* Commercials! An almost-3-minute-long trailer for the bigscreen Dec. 9 release “The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe,” plugs for the DVD releases of “Lost” 1.x, “Desperate Housewives” 1.x, “Alias” 4.x “Scrubs” 2.x “Home Improvement” 3.x, and Golden Girls” 3.x, and that promo we keep seeing for the second season of “Lost” on ABC.

DISC 2
* “The Moth” commentary by actor Dominic Monaghan, executive producer Damon Lindelhof and executive producer Bryan Burk.

* Widescreen versions of “White Rabbit,” “House of the Rising Sun,” “The Moth” and “Confidence Man.”

DISC 3
* Widescreen versions of “Solitary,” “Raised by Another,” “Al The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues” and “Whatever the Case May Be.”

DISC 4
* “Hearts and Minds” commentary by actors Maggie Grace and Ian Sommerhalder and writers Carlton Cuse and Javier Grillo-Marxuach.

* Widescreen versions of “Hearts and Minds,” “Special,” “Homecoming” and “Outlaws.”

DISC 5
* Widescreen versions of “… In Translation,” “Numbers,” “Deus Ex Machina” and “Do No Harm.”

DISC 6
* Widescreen versions of “The Greater Good,” “Born To Run” and “Exodus.”

DISC 7
The seventh disc is all extras, and is divided into three sections: “Departure,” “Tales From the Island” and “Lost Revealed.”

“Departure” includes:
* “The Genesis of Lost” (8:40): A documentary in which ABC exec Lloyd Braun reveals he wanted to make “Castaway: The Series.” J.J. Abramas reveals how he built on that idea.

* “Designing a Disaster” (7:59): A documentary detailing, among other things, how they got the middle part of a widebody jet from a plane graveyard in the Mojave Desert to a beach in Oahu, and how they got the front of the same widebody to a jungle on the same island. All in six weeks.

* “Before They Were Lost” (22:55): A documentary examining the unusual “Lost” casting process, which saw the show’s masterminds creating new regular characters tailored to actors they met and liked. Hurley, Sayid, Sun and Jin were among those unmentioned in the original outline ABC bought. We’re reminded that the original plan was to have Michael Keaton play Jack, and that Kate was originally supposed to emerge as the leader of the survivors.

* “Audition Tapes” (27:34): We see all 13 of the 14 of the regulars (Terry O’Quinn had already worked extensively with Abrams on “Alias”) run through some script pages. We get to see Yunjin Kim read for Kate. We get to see Matthew Fox, Dominic Monaghan and even Jorge Garcia play Sawyer.

* “Welcome To Oahu: The Making of the Pilot” (33:20): This is largely a how-they-did-it doc, dealing with those horrifying mid-flight scenes, and the monster in the trees, and the polar bear, and the guy-gets-sucked-into-a-jet engine gag, and other things. (Some interesting stuff about the series’ strange musical score too.)

* “The Art of Matthew Fox” (6:07): Fox discusses the many photos he took on the set as sad music plays.

* “Lost@Comicon” (1:50): A look at how high anticipation was for the series, even months prior to its premiere, thanks largely to buzz on the Internet.

“Tales From the Island” includes:
* “Lost: On Location” offers short behind-the-scenes documentaries about individual episodes, including “House of the Rising Sun” (7:19), “Confidence Man” (4:24), “All The Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues” (4:56), “Whatever The Case May Be” (2:5, “Hearts and Minds” (6:20), “Special” (3:05) and the finale, “Exodus” (9:21), plus “The Trouble With Boars” (5:09), a look at the difficulties wrangling the animals during several episodes.

* “On Set With Jimmy Kimmel” (7:15) sees the host of ABC’s late-night talk show visit the cast in Hawaii.

* “Backstage With Drive Shaft” (6:40) teaches us, among other things, how a snippet of dialogue from the Phil Donahue show became the lyrics of Charlie’s biggest hit.

“Lost Revealed” includes:
* “The Lost Flashbacks” are two scenes cut from “Exodus.” One deals with Claire and the doomed pilot discussing psychics (3:07); the other deals with Sayid buying a necktie to impress Nadia (1:2.

* “Deleted Scenes” include “Smoking” (1:10) with Charlie and Sawyer having a meeting of the minds, “Chicken or Lasagna” (0:43) with Hurley trying to engage a silent Locke, “Kate and Sayid” (1:09) with one realizing something about the other, “The Climb” (2:02) with Shannon’s hilarious reaction to Charlie’s attempt to impress her, “The Tell” (1:04) with Locke and Walt discussing liars, and “Partners” (0:55) with Boone and Shannon visually contrasting Sun and a handcuffed Jin.

* “Bloopers From The Set” (4:17) is lots of flubbed lines and falling down.

* “Live From The Museum of Television and Radio” (10:56) presents comic highlights from last March’s Paley Festival Q&A with Abrams and nine members of the cast.
lostzilla
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP!
I cant wait till the DVD comes out!!!!!!!!

http://www.dontalmostgive.org
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's awesome. Too few commentaires though
Polarbear
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They put the kimmel spot in that was so funny.
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MovieGuy wrote:
It's awesome. Too few commentaires though

My thoughts exactly I want to watch every ep with commentary WAHHHHHH
It's still enough to make me decide I'll buy it rather than just rent it though I'm now actually REALLY looking forward to it!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChicaFrom3
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrgh, why isn't this out NOW?! I don't want to wait!

sig by niki blue
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG...thats alot of special features.
l can't wait to get my hands on a copy when it's released.
The kimmel thing was hilarious and l'm so glad they're putting it on the there.
l'm really looking forward to seeing the gag reel, the Audition Tapes and Matt, Dom and Jorge playing Sawyer. LOL.
l love the fact that eps are in widescreen too, l personally like widescreen better then fullscreen.

Man l can't wait, it all sounds awesome.
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Widescreen>>>>>>Fullscreen

Menus:
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3852
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks MG

now i am even more excited....

The confirmed date of release in Australia is Nov 30th
not happy about that. This is also when Desperate Housewives season 1 will be available, both priced at $89.95AUD also not happy about that.... but will still pay coz i'm a sucker
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I just noticed. On the menu with the commentaryfor H&M, they spelled Ian's last name wrong

And I love that last one of the hatch.
Hollywood
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky wrote:
The confirmed date of release in Australia is Nov 30th
not happy about that. This is also when Desperate Housewives season 1 will be available, both priced at $89.95AUD

Aww....poor Vicky. Has to wait practically til Christmas before she can get her hands on the first season. Thats gotta suck ass!
And OMG....$89.95...Now thats just rediculous.
Although l'd diffinitely pay that amount too if it was the same price here. lol. My mom payed that exact same amount for her season 1 of Carnivale. Which she regrets now cause of the show getting canceled and all.

Also those menus didn't really impress me much. l think they're kind've plain and boring looking myself. They could've done a way better job on them in my opinion.

Last edited by Hollywood on Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh disc 7 will be awesome I reckon... and I love the pic they used

Hehe I bet Ian will be pissed about that... he just keeps getting screwed by the Lost crew doesn't he LOL
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hollywood wrote:
Also those menus didn't really impress me much. l think they're kind've plain and boring looking myself. They could've done a way better job on them in my opinion.

My guess is they're gonna be animated with clips from the show and stuff.

Disc 5 just Kate in undergarments bathing herself.
fallen_angel
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that price is crap hey... but I don't know how it would work out in US or CAN dollars maybe it works out to be roughly the same anyway

And it sucks about Carnivale getting cancelled... coz i was actually just getting into it... I hate that, they never give these shows a chance

hopefully they will be animated, coz otherwise they will be boring. I wonder what music they'll use for the menu's too ???
MovieGuy
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They'll prolly use selected bits of music from Michael Giacchino

I'm so sorry for that price. I'm gonna get it for about $35.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: