Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond" by nomad
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nomad
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: "I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond" by nomad Reply with quote

***Automated Message***
"I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond" 06-14-2009
Daniel and Desmond were together and went through a nasty breakup. Both regret what happened and wish more than anything that they could get back what they lost.
Song: When Youre Gone by Avril Lavigne
Vidder: nomad
Length: 4:20 (93.6MB WMV)

Link(s): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnXIU0yYWho

littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AW, that was so sad!!! I was so excited to see this; dan/des is a great pairing and they have such a connection i loved how you showed their relationship and loved the lyric interpretation, like on the 'when you walk away I count the steps that you take', and especially when des waved to dan on the freighter :[:[ awesome AU scenes as well and clever manips using charlotte's hair as Dan's hair in places; that came off really well and the ending was great too plus; i love this song!!

Snapefan
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually see Daniel and Desmond as a couple but I really really liked your vid Des' sadness/anger when Daniel leaves is so... believable! Great job
cagedfreedom
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I would never have thought of a Desmond and Daniel vid! But this is really well done, I really liked the ''steps you take'' lyric interpretation and the general angst to the video was well caught. Gold!

nomad
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

littleton_pace - thanks so much for your comments! I was very glad for the fact that Desmond and Charlotte's hair looks so similar so I could use certain scenes more easily!

Snapefan - thanks a lot! There are so many great angsty/angry Desmond scenes to work with, the problem is finding happy ones!

cagedfreedom - thanks! You never would have thought of Desmond and Daniel in a relationship? I've been shipping them wholeheartedly since The Constant! They didn't have many scenes together, so that makes vidding them a bit hard, but I had fun!
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond by nomad Reply with quote

That was great! I was almost hesitant to watch this- not because I don't like slash, I LUVS it!- but because other Dan/Des videos haven't been made well. This was excellent! Your editing and AU was awesome and convincing. Also I can tell you put a lot of thought into the lyric interpretation. Great story line! I couldn't help but smile at that cute Desmond/Daniel picture. Great ending too!
Lost-majs
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, that was so great! Really sad, but great au scenes, and I love this song a lot! Gold from me
Uruviel
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond by nomad Reply with quote

Wow, what a unique pairing! Great work!
Jen
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:44 am    Post subject: I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond by nomad Reply with quote

This was so ridiculously brilliant. It's such a unique pairing, and all the AU scenes were wonderfully edited! Adored the ending too! I miss Dan so much T__T And Desmond, too, of course! Fantastic job!
nomad
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow another council pick! Thank you sooo much everyone!!!

IamSoLostRightNow - I know what you mean! I have found so few movies out there made for the two of them, so my only option was to make one myself Thanks for your comments on the picture, I had some issues finding a good Daniel one to stick next to Desmond!

Lost-majs - Thanks for the comments! I quickly realized that to make a Daniel and Desmond movie, it had to be sad and angsty because the two characters spent so much time crying and angsting on the show!

Uruviel - Thanks! I think it's funny that everyone says that Des/Dan is a unique pairing. They were super connected on the show, even though they shared so few scenes!

Jen - ridiculously brilliant? I'm so flattered! I miss Dan so much too, he was slowly filling the favorite character void left by Charlie.
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nomad wrote:

cagedfreedom - thanks! You never would have thought of Desmond and Daniel in a relationship? I've been shipping them wholeheartedly since The Constant! They didn't have many scenes together, so that makes vidding them a bit hard, but I had fun!

Oh Im sorry I must not have come across your vids before, but I defo love how you make them, you do them very well!

Devera
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond by nomad Reply with quote

This is the first Daniel/Desmond vid I've actually seen...great! Kind of surprising, actually, considering all the constant stuff with them. They do have a strong connection together, and you really showed it in your vid. I can tell you did a lot of work on it...Daniel is the picture with Desmond made me giggle even though it looked so right! My favorite parts were the part where Desmond gazed after Daniel as he walked away "counting the steps" and all the flirting, especially around 1:40. They both have a lot more angst in their lives than I even remembered. I liked that you gave it a happy ending despite all the angst...yeah, I'm a romantic...great job!
ciaimpala
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond by nomad Reply with quote

This is the first Daniel/Desmond video I've seen as well, and I loved it! You had great clip to lyric, and the effects and texture were wonderful. I loved the use of Desmond as the constant.
nomad
Advanced Vidder

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devera - Thanks for your comments! How could I not give them a happy ending after all they went through, right?

ciaimpala - Thanks! I'm glad you liked the texture, because I was a little worried it might be overwhelming at parts!
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:38 pm    Post subject: I Miss You - Daniel/Desmond by nomad Reply with quote

Oh wow, original!! What a great pairing! Great colouring/texture! I loved the lyric intepretation and the end was awesome <3 Lovely work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Videos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: