Lost Video Island Forum Index Lost Video Island
A Multifandom Vidding site

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did the writers have the ending in mind from the beginning?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spikefan74
Intermediate Vidder

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:22 am    Post subject: Did the writers have the ending in mind from the beginning? Reply with quote

I'm just curious if anyone knows how much of the story and ending were in mind when the writers started the series, or did they make it up as they went?
littleton_pace
Council Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read; they have always had a beginning, middle and end to Lost and they always wanted 6 seasons to be able to tell it fully. So, i think it was three years, when they were told they could have 6 seasons, they were thrilled that they story would be able to play out as they had imagined. So I've always watching it thinking 'there's a point to this, there's always a point to everything in this show' and that helps get me through the harder (sometimes sillier, IMO) storylines

Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched a really funny clip on Jimmy Kimmel where it showed JJ, Damon and Carlos arguing over who knew the ending or whatnot. It was just comedy though.They do have an ending, i just hope it's a satisfying one. Actually having said that, it's more than likely going to end with someone getting pissed off. Not everyone's gonna like the ending and that's the risk they kinda took.
Just curious, how does everyone else think it's gonna end, or how would you like it to end?

Jemmz
Council Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I would really like it if they could get everyone back alive (going back in time perhaps seeing as it looks like the show was going to do that anyway) and everyone deciding to live peacefully on the island somehow. I want the island to go back to the place of redemption and healing, not the miserable place of death they now want to escape from and say "good riddance" to. Maybe they could live like the Dharma people and come and go as they please? I only say that because I would hate to think that their families believe they're dead when they're actually not and that way their families can visit Wishful thinking though, it probably wouldn't go down well on the show
Wickedgal
Expert Vidder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lost, being Lost, is going to end in a way that is going to make hundreds of people kill themselves
I'd like your idea Jemma. It would be a good resolution to this bitch of a show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lost Video Island Forum Index -> Lost Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: